1.13.2 – Hesitance
4.4k 13 149
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2.0 - Edited by: Rellawing, AlliterativeArts, Raleon, Trismegistus Shandy - 9/1/2020 

 

After the girls had a long conversation, Quinn returned with a broad smile. “How’re things going with you two?”

 

Sarah returned the smile. “It’s so nice to be out here in the sun with my new best friend!” She looked to Leona with sparkling eyes.

 

Quinn winced but covered it with an even deeper smile. How had Leona managed to get friend-zoned already? Though it hadn’t cooled off much yet, the end of summer was drawing near, which was why this was among the last bits of free time they had before the school year started and with it Quinn’s final year of high school.

 

“Is it true that you’re going to be going to our school too?” Quinn asked Sarah with wide open innocent eyes. 

 

Sarah nodded and grinned. “Yeah! I’m transferring in soon! It’s not because of Leona. It’s just that we’re in the same general area. My parents wanted to put me in a church school, but that didn’t go through because of ideological differences and I pouted really hard until they let me go to a public school. Anyway, we settled in our new home before the summer break.”

 

“Isn’t it tough to move from a rural place to a city like San Isidro?” Leona asked Sarah. “How are you doing? You know, our school isn’t really the best… it’s even got metal detectors so kids can’t take in weapons.”

 

Sarah thought about that and frowned slightly. “Not really… My grades are good.  Anyway, you’re right that my parents aren’t keen on all the crime, but my dad didn’t have a choice. They’re so strict I can barely breathe, but anything’s better than Montana. It’s way more exciting here.” Sarah said, laughing.

 

Quinn held up a hand and gave Sarah an apologetic look. “Just a sec… there’s something I need to say to Leona privately.” Not waiting for a response, Quinn took Leona to the side. “Hey… does she know you used to be a boy, yet?” she whispered.

 

Leona blushed and shook her head. “Nah, she treats me like a girlfriend… I would feel a little awkward telling her now, like saying I’ve been lying to her just to spend time with her.” She chewed her lip while Sarah watched them from a short distance away curiously.

 

“It’s not a big deal. Don’t worry about it. If you’re just her friend, it doesn’t much matter.” Quinn shrugged and tugged Leona back to Sarah who waited patiently, though her aura made it seem like her fake cat ears were practically twitching.

 

“What was that about?” Sarah meowed, concerned. “Secret sister stuff? Oh gosh, won’t your mother be mad at you if we spend too much time out?”

 

“No… not at all!” Quinn laughed. “Actually, I was telling Leona that we should go to the beach.”

 

“I don’t have a bathing suit with me!” Sarah blinked and after a moment grinned. “I mean, I really want to. I’ve never swum in the ocean! I’ve been looking forward to doing it but, like… no friends yet and I didn’t want to go alone. Dad’s busy and mom does her bible studying with a new group.”

 

“I didn’t mean right now… but we have only a week of free time, and the weather could change any time. Too bad your folks are so busy.  We’ll get that fixed, kid.” Quinn winked as she clapped a hand on Sarah’s shoulder. “Well, actually… I know how pedestrian the idea is, but there’s also an amazing waterpark here. It’s right on the ocean, but if you’ve never been in the ocean, you have to shower after going in, otherwise you get a horrible rash on top of the sunburn. At least with a waterpark you can just go, jump in, splash around and have a great time.”

 

Sarah tilted her head and she smiled. “That sounds fine too, since I’ve never done that either, but I’m not sure my parents would give me an advance on my allowance. I spent everything I had for dressing up to the rave.”

 

“I’ve got you!” Leona announced with a thumbs up. “I’ve got enough.”

 

“That’s pretty generous of you, sis.” Quinn winked. “Alright... I hope you have a swimsuit, Sarah?”

 

Sarah nodded and practically purred. “It’s a nice one… no spoils though!” Leona’s head crooked suddenly and she stared at Quinn. She hadn’t gone swimming since her transition. All she had were some old kiddie trunks she couldn’t fit into anymore, plus going topless probably wasn’t the best idea.

 

Sarah and she stared at Leona briefly before Quinn let out a laugh. “Don’t worry! I have a special gift coming. It’s for your birthday. That’ll take care of that.”

 

“My birthday was months ago.” Leona stated flatly.

 

“Well, consider it a late present then,” Quinn joked.

 

“I really should be heading home now. My parents dropped me off here and I told them all about you, Leona. They seemed okay with you. But, they’re super uptight… I think they’ll want to meet you sometime. If they don’t approve of people they get… um… upset.” Sarah pouted.

 

“No way! That’s too far overboard! Why are they so controlling?” Leona gaped. “Besides, w-what would they have against me?” Leona flushed self-consciously.

 

“We can get you home.” Quinn nodded. She looked at Sarah again. “Sorry, just another sec…” Once more she tugged Leona back and whispered, “Can you tell me again why you didn’t tell her? I mean… it should be okay for now but… you never know… things could take you down the romance road…”

 

“Not yet… I can see just how that would go over with her and her parents.” Leona suppressed a scowl. 

 

Quinn nodded. “Yeah like, ‘By the way, Sarah, the girl you’ve been hanging out with for the last couple hours actually used to be a guy’… or ‘Hey, I can’t tell if you really like boys or not because you don’t want your parents to think you might be a lesbian’… I mean she kind of gives off that vibe. She really does. But still, her parents… they don't sound like they’d approve of anything out of the norm.”

 

Leona sighed and nodded in agreement. It just wouldn’t go over well.

 

“On the bright side, if you don’t tell her, I’ll screen for you when you change into your swimsuit. With that nice gaff you have, you probably won’t need to worry.”

 

“We’ll see,” Leona sighed while Quinn stroked her hair reassuringly. “I told you this was NOT a date!” Leona pouted.

 
149