Chapter 11: Senior Brother, I’ll Remember You Forever
6.3k 17 161
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pink miasma of the Eight Extremities Daoist's cave was not well documented. Yan Xiaolong had elementary knowledge about it, but now that he was actually in the pink miasma, he could assess it. 

 

The temperature inside the pink miasma region was several degrees hotter than the normal air. At these temperatures, sweat would naturally be produced and skin would instantaneously flush. Even fire cultivators would be uncomfortable inside this heat. Fortunately, Yan Xiaolong cultivated the Immovable King's Scripture and spent a century inside the fiery dream world. If anything, the heat felt comfortable like wrapping oneself in a warm blanket. There was something strange inside the miasma as well, but the Hell-Scorching Flame easily burned them all away.

 

The walk to the cave was not very long. It was only a thousand meter, something a cultivator could travel through in less than a minute. He stopped at the entrance of the cave and stared at it. The cave's entrance was uneven and oval-shaped. The walls were tightly squeezed together, but it was possible to go through it. The colors and layers of the cave were visible while pink miasma ejected from the entrance. More important, it seemed very, very realistic. 

 

"That... Is that what I think it is?" 

 

[Yes. Yes, it is.] 

 

Yan Xiaolong gave a dry cough and took great strides into the cave. Due to the tightness of the cave’s interior, he had to crawl underneath the walls where a human-sized hole was located. Pink miasma flowed out from the side of the walls, but he mustered his will go get through it. After squeezing through, he continued to crawl until the passage was noticeably more spacious. Standing up, he used the Hell-Scorching Flame to illuminate the cave. 

 

A sign was located at the front reading: “Pass through all the challenges and obtain the legacy of the Eight Extremities Daoist. Cross through all the stone pathway to become unrivaled under the heavens. Female cultivators are more suited for this legacy. Male cultivators will have a harder time passing through. Please turn away if you are male. Be sure to follow the stone pathway or  you will be deleted from existence. Thank you.” 

 

It was bizarre, but simple and direct. 

 

Blue jewels were implemented on side of the walls while two streams of water flowed in the same direction, parallel to a stone pathway that seemed to go on endlessly. The ceiling was was not particularly high and gave a sense of tightness to the whole appearance. The blue jewels flickered with purple light because of the crimson He’ll-Scorching Flame and Yan Xiaolong took a deep look at them before taking a step on the stone pathway. 

 

The moment he did, the water on the streams jumped at him. It was like a whip as it lash out at him in a diagonal motion. Yan Xiaolong dodged it, but a few dozens more water whips appeared. Seeing himself surrounded with these water whips, he immediately sprint across the stone pathway. His body slammed into the water whips. 

 

“These are heavy!” The water of the stream was not like regular water, but rather, almost as dense as mercury. Yet, it flowed as smooth and clearly as water. Although Yan Xiaolong could easily break them apart, it was stressful on his muscles. 

 

At one point, the water whips managed to tightly grip his ankles and lift him into the air. His body slammed into the ceiling and then slammed back down onto the stone pathway. Then up. Then down. Then up. Then down. It smacked him up and down with rage. 

 

Blood leaked from his misaligned nose. Yan Xiaolong furrowed his brows and spoke up. 

 

“Hold on a-” Then up. 

 

“Sec-” Then down. 

 

“Oi! Let me-” Then up. 

 

“Speak for a momen-” Then down. 

 

“Argghhh!” The Hell-Scorching Flame erupted and evaporated all the water. Steam clogged the stone pathway and turned the cave into a sauna. He took a breath of this steam and realized that it had the same properties as the pink miasma. Yan Xiaolong continued to sprint until he saw another stone pathway, except, this pathway was composed of many stone steps that led to, what he presumed, was another stone pathway. It was situated in a giant lake. 

 

“Oh no. This better not be...” When he saw the water whips emerged from the giant lake, Yan Xiaolong laughed. He pressed his hands together and concentrated his spiritual qi. A spark appeared between his palms and seemed to burn with the power of many stars. 

 

“Fireball!” Yan Xiaolong threw the spark into the lake, causing all the water to evaporate again and revealed the blue jewels that was under the lake. He crossed the stone pathway and did it with the next. And then the next. Then the next. Then the next one after that. 

 

Eventually, he reached another stone pathway, but there was no water. Instead, it was a maze. Gazing into the maze, he saw that the walls were decorated with eggplant-like sculptures. They were thick, long, and when they sensed his presence, even moved erratically. 

 

“Ah!” Something clicked in Yan Xiaolong’s head. It was like a light bulb being switched on. “I see what this is about now.” 

 

He immediately threw a palm strike and broke away the maze with his power. “This is some kind of pervert’s den!” 

 

“Who are you calling a pervert!?” A majestic voice echoed in the distance. Yan Xiaolong continued to break away at the maze with palms and fists. The eggplant-like sculptures tried to reach him, but he would quickly destroy them first. 

 

“Stop, you scum! You are violating the law!” The majestic voice spoke again with more fury. 

 

“Law? As a cultivator, I never came across the word.” 

 

Walls after walls were collapsing and Yan Xiaolong did not know if he was even going in the right direction. As far as he was concerned, there was no need to follow any rules here. In his mind, he was going to get the legacy and complete the mission anyways. 

 

“Why bother wasting time going through the maze if you can just tear down the walls? I don’t have the time to sit around and go through shitty trials. It’s not even half as elaborate as it is perverted.” 

 

After a full three minutes of destroying the maze, Yan Xiaolong finally reached the end. It was once again a stone pathway, but it lead toward an altar. On top of that stone alter was a orb that flowed with brilliant blue light. It was also the source of the majestic voice. 

 

“Hmph! Trifling Foundation Establishment cultivator, how dare you defile the legacy of the Eight Extremities Daoist! Be haunted by Dream of Defilement!” A snake-shaped stream of water appeared and doused Yan Xiaolong. He momentarily stopped and his eyes became clouded. 

 

“Peh! Trash! Scum! Garbage! Noob! A man dare trot himself in here despite the warning!? I’ll use you to-” The voice from the orb was cut short when Yan Xiaolong suddenly jumped at it. He held the orb high and burned it. 

 

“Ah!!! How can you resist my dao technique!?” 

 

“Bro, I’ve been through way worse than that. That was like, uh, a few hundred demons? Yeah, I’ve spent a century with those guys. As the Hell Champion, abusing demons is my trade.” Yan Xiaolong gripped the orb even tighter. “Now, let’s see what you really are!” 

 

“No!!!” In a burst of fiery, golden light, the orb exploded into many shards that crumbled into fine dust. A little, squishy voice came from the palm of his hand. “Umu, please don’t look at me.” 

 

Yan Xiaolong lowered his hand and stared at the eight-legged, slimy, tiny creature. It was blue-colored, but also had tinges of gold. Most noticeable was its beady, golden eyes that welled up tears. “Umu, you are staring at me too closely... Please stop...” 

 

It shut its eyes and covered its face with its tentacles. Yan Xiaolong blurted, “Yo-You’re a baby octopus!?” 

 

The baby octopus nodded its head. It opened its eyes for a moment and then closed it again. The skin of the baby octopus began to change colors to purple, indicating its shyness and anxiety. 

 

“So... What’s your deal?” Yan Xiaolong said. 

 

“Umu, I am the guardian beast that the Eight Extremities Daoist placed here to protect the legacy. I’m suppose to only accept female cultivators and kill any male cultivators.” The baby octopus curled into a ball. “Please don’t hurt me, umu. I’m only following orders. C-Can you make me a new ball?” 

 

“No. Also, why kill male cultivators?” 

 

“Umu, can I first ask you how you can resist the pink miasma?” 

 

“I’m a cultivator that has a special fire to repel the effects of the pink miasma.” 

 

“Umu, Master said that he’ll only accept female cultivators as disciples. He was a very lecherous and evil cultivator and he only wanted a female disciple so that the last streak of his will can toy with her. That’s why there’s a pink miasma with aphrodisiac properties around here. Any male cultivators who do end up here will become that...” The baby octopus pointed one of his tentacles at a corner where a skeleton wearing the robe of the Immortal Sage Sect sat down. The skeleton had both of his hands on his lap with its spine hunched. It seemed to be in a praying position. 

 

“That’s the inner court disciple!” Yan Xiaolong squeezes the baby octopus. “What the hell did you do to him?” 

 

“Umu! Umu! Please calm down! I didn’t do much at all! I only gave some of my body fluid and told him to leave. That way, he could inheirit a silver of Master’s will and be used to enjoy other female cultivators. But... but he chose not to! It’s not my fault!” The baby octopus moved its tentacles around in panic. 

 

“Then, why is he like that?” 

 

“Well, instead of leaving... he stayed behind and took on the silver of Master’s will all by himself. Using only his hands, he managed to resist the temptation of Master’s will. Every day and night, he never stopped, not even for a second. There was a time when he did a hundred thousand strokes in an hour. Once, he discharged a hundred times in half an hour! In the end, he discharged so many times that even Master’s will was left satisfied. For three years, he kept on stroking until his heart started to stroke as well. When he died, a silver of Master’s will went along with him, umu,” The baby octopus explained.

 

Yan Xiaolong stared at the skeleton of that inner court disciple and gave it a salute. Tears well up in his eyes and a gentle smile crept on his face. “Ah... a real trooper. Senior Brother, I’ll remember you forever.” 

 

161