Chapter 14 – Mind reader
6.3k 30 187
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sit down dazedly in the bath, wondering where the hell things went wrong. I don’t think I did anything that’d make me stand out in any particular way, my acting might have been amateur but it’s not THAT obvious.

Warm water filled the large wooden wash tub, the peony essential oil and some medicinal herbs I added made the bath fragrant. I slowly tease the tangles in my hair, making sure to wash it carefully with the soap nut extract to wash out the grease.

I managed to get soap nuts while picking firewood in the forest, people stared at me funny when I enthusiastically climbed trees to pick bitter fruits no one wanted. I finally happened to make some soap, but I’m not going to commercialise this because doing that might draw attention to myself.

I’ve even given up on “easy way for transmigrators to get rich” all to avoid attention, and yet!

“You…You’re an interesting human” His words echo in my head. His evil grinning face appears as if it’s mocking my efforts to remain a mob. I punch an imaginary sandbag to vent my frustrations. 

I sink myself further into the big wooden tub, burrowing my face underwater. Bubbles emerge as I breathe out, disturbing the calm surface.

“Phwahhh!” I emerge when I run out of breath, to see the green-haired girl entering the bathroom.

Oh. SO IT WAS YOU WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO RUN INTO THAT BASTARD. 

Why the hell did I come to bathe? I should’ve just let myself get infected by lice for all I care. 

Actually, I messed up once I climbed on the cart carrying the two obviously ML and FL pair. It was the last cart leaving in my village’s direction and in a desperate attempt to save money I convinced myself it would be fine. 

Haah… I regret my decisions.

I smile at the female lead, but she maintains her poker face. I don’t particularly mind, she’s probably one of those types where all she has trouble expressing her emotions but her mind runs around chaotically.

I stand up and leave, making sure to drain the wash tub. I wrap a towel tightly and open the bathroom door, ready to make a run back to my room.

But heavens forbid me from living my life in peace. I run into the dude who’s been waiting in front of my room blocking me from entering.

Now dressed conspicuously as before, his whole self is covered only leaving his almost-hypnotic golden eyes. Yet I can see how his eyes hover on my half-exposed body, and I unconsciously frown at this sight. 

“Hoh, you look upset.” he exclaims upon seeing my expression, “Don’t you think it’s only fair since you’ve seen my handsome face and nice body?”

Yeah, but I didn’t ask for it! Also, what kind of brain-dead person thinks this is an ok pick-up line? This is borderline sexual harassment and that’s the most nonsense reason I’ve ever heard, not to mention the annoying arrogance and narcissism coating the words.

I swear to god I’m this close to suing that girl in the bathroom. Had she went 5 minutes earlier, this pervert would already be happy couples with her now.

I don’t know why the hell this dude’s attached to me, but all I can do for now is to play a good mob and help the two leads get together. I’ll even shove them into a locked warehouse overnight if it will take this annoying dude off my hands. 

I’ll come up with a plan tonight. We have two more days of travel, it will have to work out somehow. I'll get back my easy-going mob life when I reach my village.

“Uumm… C-can you please… move? That’s my r-room… behind.”

“I know.”

THEN MOVE?

I display a troubled smile and sidestep to bypass him, but he follows my movements to block my path. 

WHAT! WHAT DO YOU WANT, PERVERT?

“Excuse me!” I raised my voice impatiently, before calming myself to continue “b-but… I need to change…”

“I’ll let you go, if you tell me…” He paused, his eyes lingering on my facial expressions. “What’s a ‘mob life’?”

Huh…? What is this dude saying?

“And why do you keep calling yourself a ‘mob’… And why am I a ‘male lead’?”

No. way.

Actually I had a bad premonition that I might’ve run into the worse case scenario, but I was in denial because I just didn’t want to face the problem.

A mind reader. It would make sense if the female lead was an expressionless person who had the wildest thoughts. The gap between her expression and imagination would be something entertaining for the male lead who knows her true thoughts. It would also make sense how he’s been picking up on my cues. I thought he had just been observing my expressions to see what I want, but his actions have always been strangely accurate...

This means he’s also reading my mind right now?

I crane my neck to see his face. When our eyes meet, the corner of his eyes crinkle and his long black lashes flutter. A deep laugh emerges behind the mask.

“I knew you’d figure it out.”

Ahh I knew I should’ve hired a private coach.

187