BLBL Newsletter [24] : March 2023
104 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

03_banner_2023.png

BLBL NEWSLETTER - MARCH 2022

Welcome all to the March 2023 edition of the Brilliant Library of Boys Love Newsletter, the first newsletter of 2023! 

The contents of this newsletter are as follows: (click on the titles to jump to that section!)

  1. BL Zine: expressions of interest
  2. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (December 2022, January 2023, and February 2023)
  3. BL author news
  4. The banner chibis
  5. OG BL novel recommendations
  6. General BL News
  7. Fun corner
  8. Housekeeping for BL Palace
  9. Acknowledgements

1. BL Zine: expressions of interest 

Don't forget that pumpkinewe is preparing to make a free digital zine to share!

The requirements are as follows:

  1. A completed or active (Updated in the past 6 months) story.
  2. The main couple must be male-identifying characters.
  3. All content must have proper warnings.
  4. Posted on Scribble Hub. They can also post content on other websites but must also be on Scribble Hub.

You can read their post with all the details here: Scribble Hub Boy's Love Zine! Don't forget to message or comment your interest to pumpkinewe!

 

Return to Contents


2. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (December 2022, January 2023, and February 2023)

Here are the novels that were completed in December 2022!

Reputation

 

Reputation by LilyKalanoa

111.6k | 35 ch | Boys Love, Drama, Fanfiction, Mature, Romance

Iruka is trapped in a dark game, unable to live the life he truly wants. When Kakashi finds out, he's determined to do something about it, whether Iruka wants him to or not.
Blades Duology

 

Blades Duology by RyderZavianBailey

178k | 63 ch | Adult, Boys Love, Fantasy, Romance

Coulta was born with a curse, one that forces him to obey the commands of those with authority over him. At only five years old, his father gives him up into service of a powerful lord, hoping to give Coulta a better life. But it was a mistake. Varin turns Coulta into an assassin, someone who can't stop himself from killing even the most innocent person he was commanded to murder. Despite the pain of a life out of his control, Coulta does have hope; hope that he will one day meet the person his mother claimed would free him of his curse.

Wildas is the Crown Prince of Phelin. He has known nothing but luxury and comfort, not the pain and suffering of a cursed killer. He has no idea that his life is in danger, that assassins are lurking in the shadows of the next city he will visit on behalf of the Crown. Nor does he know that his very soul is tied to one of those assassins, a tie that not even death could ever break.

Together they will discover that even chance encounters have meaning, and that their own personal struggles are nothing compared to what is to come when their kingdom is launched into a civil war that puts all of lives in danger. Only by relying on each other will they have any chance of survival.

     
Skin Deep

 

Skin Deep by Unicornpuke97

11.6k | 2 ch | Boys Love, Drama, Gender Bender, Girls Love, Mature, Sci-fi, Smut, Tragedy

 Blair Rose, son of the world's richest man, finds his life flipped upside down after a tragic accident.
(BL) Gray Hart

 

Gray Hart by nrseventeen

21.8k | 14 ch | Boys Love, Drama, Psychological, Romance, Slice of Life

Hart is a car mechanic. Gray is a photographer. Hart drinks and never misses a fight. Gray can't recover from his loss. It seems they have nothing in common. And perhaps they would never have met, but by chance they became roommates.
(BL) Lines

 

Lines by nrseventeen

34.4k | 24 ch | Boys Love, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life

- Can you see these lines on my palm? You have them too and they seem the same, but they're different.
- Why?
- Everyone has their own line.

Aiden tried to commit suicide, Brent tried to save his brother, Jack tried to become a better person... What came out of it?

Your Picture On My Phone

 

Your Picture On My Phone by thesamhensley

23.9k | 14 ch | Boys Love, Romance

A snowbound airport. Two teenage boys. Unspoken Feelings. —

The last time Asher saw Conor, he outed him in front of his friends and pushed him into a swimming pool. Not because he hated him. But he was young, felt betrayed, and didn't know how to handle his anger. A year and a half later, now living on different coasts, they find each other again in an airport. Thanks to a snowstorm, they are trapped and decide to spend the night together. Will they manage to leave the past behind them and confront their deeply buried feelings for one another, or will they lose each other forever?

Yanagi & Aoi

 

Yanagi & Aoi by K_Jira

31.6k | 21 ch | Boys Love, Romance, School Life, Slice of Life

Not long after entering high school, Kashiwagi Aoi noticed that he has a stalker. But even after 2 months past, he can't figure out what this stalker of his wants from him. All he does is watch him from afar.

Why does an ordinary person like him have a stalker?

A male stalker to boot?

The day Kashiwagi Aoi finally decides to confront his stalker is the day Suda Yanagi's world blooms to life.

 

And here are the novels that were completed in January 2023!

One Last Dance

 

One Last Dance by LucyAndreas

4.2k | 1 ch | Adult, Boys Love, Fanfiction, Romance, Sci-fi

The war is done. Over. Everyone is busy celebrating. Everyone except for Keith, who’s leaving tomorrow to start his new post as the leader of the Blades. But surely, one dance with Shiro wouldn’t hurt anything? After all, doesn’t he deserve to have some fun and maybe spill some long-suppressed emotions?
Beneath a Quiet Bright Moon

 

Beneath a Quiet Bright Moon by Zaiakuma

95.3k | 50 ch | Boys Love, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Isekai, Romance

Local Demon King Youming Hongyan faces off against unplanned parenthood, angry birds, mysterious otherworldly entities, and Demon Realm politics. And he's doing his best, honestly!

Meanwhile, a certain (tsundere) transmigrator faces off against his own challenges, and is forced to come to terms with the conditions surrounding his new existence - and certain feelings as well.

Short Stories With Fangs

 

Short Stories With Fangs by doravg

72.9k | 67 ch | Adventure, Boys Love, Comedy, Fantasy, Girls Love, Harem, Isekai, Romance, Supernatural

A collection of short stories with the characters having come from another world.
 
The first short story is about a troll, who trolls his way into the love of his life's... bed. (BL)
The Terror From The Ice

 

The Terror From The Ice by doravg

8.1k | 8 ch | Action, Adult, Boys Love, Fantasy, Girls Love, Isekai, Romance, Supernatural, Tragedy

In Moria, few things are ever taken for granted. One of them is the Coughing Sickness. An ancient malady, that spread from the glacier in the middle of the Azeran Continent. It seems that now, not only does it spread by the water and the air, but also by rats, and the fleas that ride on them.

The Hero of Ultimate Fate, Sebastian, is but a bored spectator to the tragedy of the human world. In a world, which does not need heroes, and where demon lords are but shrew businessmen and women, Sebastian just tries to keep his two humans safe.

The boy Nico, who redefines the word bravery, and the dockworker Gaius, who spends his days trying to get Sebastian to do something, for the precious few, who still draw breath.

Yet, when has a vampire ever listened to two blood banks?

Under The Mistletoe

 

Under The Mistletoe by LucyAndreas

14.8k | 4 ch | Adult, Boys Love, Comedy, Fanfiction, Romance, Slice of Life

What happens when a clumsy artist and a math teacher walk into a coffee place?
A lot of hijinks, kisses under the mistletoe, and a disastrous Christmas party with too much eggnog.
My Love – Will the gods answer my prayer?

 

My Love – Will the gods answer my prayer? by The_Lover

2.1k | 5 ch | Boys Love, Romance, Slice of Life

A short story about love and how it can elevate you to the highest of highs and the lowest of lows.

Taste of Love

 

Taste of Love by LEVIELLA

16.4k | 1 ch | Boys Love,Fanfiction

Chef Yoo Jonghyuk met a man named Kim Dokja who had no sense of taste in front of his restaurant.

 

 

And here are the novels that were completed in February 2023!

WOLF – The two Packs

 

WOLF – The two Packs by sasi

20.4k | 17 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Historical, Romance

The two werewolves Mads and Levi meet for the first time as children. Only a few years later do they meet again and feel attracted to each other. But their two packs don't get along.
In addition, Mads fears being tied to a witch or a wizard as a servant and leaving his homeland as a slave. Because his pack always sends the weakest wolves to protect the strength of the pack.
This is an agreement made with the witches a long time ago when the wolves lost the war.
Savouring Everyone [A Naruto Bisexual Fanfic]

 

Savouring Everyone [A Naruto Bisexual Fanfic] by Shitty_Writer

17.3k | 23 ch | Action, Adult, Boys Love, Comedy, Fanfiction, Girls Love, Slice of Life, Smut

Follow our protagonist's journey in the world of Naruto after magically entering Naruto's body after Naruto got his headband.
The 9-Tailed Fox and His Chosen Mate

 

The 9-Tailed Fox and His Chosen Mate by MyLadyQueen

9.7k | 1 ch | Adult, Boys Love, Mature, Supernatural

The Prince and The Whore

Valentine's Special

Muddy Matchmaker

 

Muddy Matchmaker by FabFu

20.5k | 13 ch | Boys Love, Mature, Romance, Slice of Life

Charlie lives alone in the middle of the woods for a reason. Ki recently inherited the property next door. A muddy driveway forces the two to meet. Ki is intrigued by his quiet neighbor and Charlie avoids him like the plague. The muddy driveway has other ideas.

Meant for you [BL]

 

Meant for you [BL] by Shintah02

25.6k | 9 ch | Boys Love, Romance, Slice of Life

Kaito Hattori - a pastry chef who owned a little bakery. Daichi Nakano - a wealthy customer obsessed with baked goods. A little tale about two men who came from different worlds but completely complimented each other...

 

 

Return to Contents


3. BL author news

 

Announcement

Romance of The Cursed Knight by PumpkinEwe is starting Arc 2 on Tapas! The Tapas Arc 1 Q&A are taking questions!

[BL] Romance of the Cursed Knight

Romance of the Cursed Knight

WIP | +11 ch | Knights, Necromancy, Curses, Elves, Slow Burn, Western Fantasy, Slow Romance, Bickering Couple, Boss/Subordinate Relationship, Hot Blood Protagonist

Shafir is a knight who was cursed and has a strained relationship with his captain, who was his teenage classmate as a squire. He lives with this crippling anxiety that everyone thinks he's out to get them because of a curse that this evil, although heartbroken, dark elf put on him. Because of this anxiety, he sees his captain's romantic intentions toward him as not romantic but somehow a way to piss him off on purpose. So due to this miscommunication, he HATES his captain, but secretly has repressed his love for his captain and has mistaken it for anger.

 

 

Announcement
Ame-Tora is rewriting and adding pictures to their novel!
 
The book of Time : tears of blood

The book of Time : tears of blood

WIP | 5 ch | Action, Adventure, Boys Love, Drama, Fantasy, Mature, Romance, Supernatural

Caleb was destined to die early. After a life of bullying, threats and a little bit of warmth, he could finally rest in silence and fulfilment. But everything changed abruptly when he found himself alive and well in a world that was foreign to him. And so begins his story of choice and doubt, mixing past and present.

 

Return to Contents


4. Who are the chibis?

Did you see the chibis on our heading banner? Do you know where they come from? Such a mystery~ 😏😏

In every BLBL Newsletter, we dedicate a corner to showcase our staff's incredible artistic talent and give a shout-out to a handful of beautiful BL couples from novels featured on our very own Scribblehub! σ(≧ε≦o)

This month's chibis are courtesy of these lovely and hardworking artists: Killokii and tiaf!

Have you read enough BL novels to guess which books these cute and adorable chibis are from? There's no punishment for guessing wrong! But if you guessed correctly before the big reveal you might just receive a cookie! 🍪🍪🍪🍪

Now, drum-roll please! 🥁🥁🥁

 

BLP_March_chibi23.png

Yi Yeguang and Cheng Kong from Beyond a Quiet Bright Moon by Zaiakuma

 

BLP_March_chibi23_worst.png

Oscar and Albert from How to survive the worst novel ever written by PWilkes

 

Announcement

Did you like these chibis a lot? Would you also like to have chibis of your BL characters drawn?  If you have a finished or regularly updating novel with over 20k words, you can fill out this form to have a chibi of your main couple drawn and included in the newsletter banner!

 

 

Return to Contents


5. OG BL novel recommendations

 

image.png

Perfect Medicine By MarigoldIsPeculiar

WIP | 16.3 k | 7 ch | Omegaverse, Soft Sci-Fi, Gong Protagonist, Royalty

Review by Sassyglitter:

An original BL found on AO3, the story is clearly inspired by the Omegaverse found in Danmei.

The story is about two characters who were brought together by a quirk of fate. August has an autoimmune disorder that is slowly killing him, but he finds he may have a chance to be saved when they find a 100% match with an omega. This is none other the Galen, who recently committed treason against the empire. The two thus begin their awkward relationship as they slowly start to fall in love.

There is a charm to the writing, and its simplicity makes it a relaxing read. I appreciate how the work doesn't require me to think too deeply about it's premise, and just asks me to go along with the characters as they try to figure out their odd relationship.

The author is also nice enough to mark when a scene is about to become explicit, so people who aren't interested in those scenes can easily skip them.

It's still on going at the time of this review, but there seems to be a conclusion already planned out.

Summary:

Spoiler

August’s own Alpha pheromones are killing him, and he‘s running out of time. His last hope lays in finding an Omega whose pheromones can bond perfectly with his own, but that’s only step one.

Meanwhile, Former Crown Princess Galen has recently killed the man who murdered his husband, and is preparing to face the consequences. Nevertheless, he’s thrown a last-minute lifeline: his execution will be postponed indefinitely as long as he uses his Omega pheromones to treat an Alpha with a rare autoimmune disease.

Are August and Galen bound together by an experimental treatment, a secret relationship, a scandal waiting to happen, or something greater than the sum of its parts?

[collapse]

 

Return to Contents


6. General BL News

Legend of Lin Ye (2023) poster

BL TV Drama Legend of Lin Ye 《临夜传》, sequel to the 2022 mini-drama Is Xian Zun Whitewashed Today? 《仙尊,今天洗白了吗?》has finally aired (with English subs) on YouTube!

MORE EXPLANATION: It's one of those micro-webdramas where the episodes are only a minute long but still tell a full story---in this case the classic xianxia tale of a Master forced to mistreat his disciple by a System before the disciple blackens and comes back for revenge... It's not blatant BL (this is Chinese-aired dramas we're talking about after all) but it's pretty shippy and the girl character they have is probably there to pass censorship, lol.

Season 1's Is Xian Zun Whitewashed Today? is much harder to find with English subs, but Spanish and Indo subs exist on YouTube if you search. - hat tip to Ruyi

 

25-1654389970.jpg
[Ruyi:] I've been addicted to a Chinese manhua lately called I Want to Be a Big Baddie (恶人想要抢救一下; previously 我要当个大坏蛋), which tells the story of Wang Yi who survives a horrific bus accident that kills his classmates/friends and contracts with a black cat System named S-0 (nickname: Sao Ling) to do missions as the villain character in various novels so he can earn enough points to buy a time-travel system to reverse time. The official English translations are on bilibili but *cough* other sites are more up to date with the raws: https://www.bilibilicomics.com/detail/mc1566

You can watch the story trailer here (they also have a voiced version of the manhua!), though both are Chinese only  - hat tip to Ruyi

 

 

Sha-Po-Lang.jpg

Someone leaked part of the trailer for author Priest's Sha Po Lang's drama adaptation and the fandom is exploding (Novelupdates link to novel)  - hat tip to Ruyi

 

 

Image

Nice twitter thread rec for danmei series I Can Do It (Carrd)  - hat tip to Ruyi

 

 

unknown.png

image.png

  Don't forget that Citrus Con registration is still open! - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 

Return to Contents


7. Fun corner

 
 
Image

Writing Style Alignments by cheyannealepka -- which are you? - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 

 

image.png

On the topic of writing...how is it going? - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 

Return to Contents


8. Housekeeping for BL Palace

Twitter

Please directly message the account or message bafflinghaze in order to get something posted or retweeted on the BL Palace twitter account. This includes:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

Discord Server

Any readers and writers of BL are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server! We have writing sprints, writing help, and much more!

Email Subscription

You can sign up to receive emails to notify of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

BLBL's Next Newsletter

Help us out for the next Newsletter by filling out this form.

 

Return to Contents


9. Acknowledgements

Please give another round of applause to the lovely artists who made this month's BLBL Newsletter chibi banner: Killokii and tiaf!!

And thank you to all those who submitted items for the newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next chapter of the newsletter! And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

 
9