BLBL Newsletter [23] : December 2022
169 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

12_banner_dec_2022.png

BLBL NEWSLETTER - DECEMBER 2022

Welcome all to the December 2022 edition of the Brilliant Library of Boys Love Newsletter, the last newsletter of 2022! 

 

Did you know that BLBL (Brilliant Library of Boys Love) was established in 5th December 2020 by Queenfisher? It started out as this BL News and Recommendations \(*o*)/ thread and a private group conversation over in Scribble Hub's forum. That means we're now two years old! 🎂🎂🎂 Happy birthday to us!

Since then we've moved to news and recommendations being featured on this account, in this newsletter, while chatting has moved to the BL Palace discord.

Thank you to everyone involved in the BL Palace this year of 2022, it has been a lot of fun, and we have plans for many events next year too! But before 2023 comes, let's see what's happened recently this year!

 

The contents of this newsletter are as follows: (click on the titles to jump to that section!)

  1. 2022 summary and 2023 plans
  2. BL Zine: expressions of interest
  3. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (November 2022)
  4. BL author news
  5. The banner chibis
  6. OG BL novel recommendations
  7. General BL News
  8. Fun corner
  9. Housekeeping for BL Palace
  10. Acknowledgements

1. 2022 summary and 2023 plans

2022

Here's a little non-exhaustive list of things we did this year together!

  1. Drew many cute chibis of characters from original English BL novels and made many newsletters~ (many thanks to Killokii, tiaf, and oofcat!)
  2. Had some aggie drawing sessions together, organised by OkuraTsukiko.
  3. Wrote collaborative shorts together set in A Space Bar, organised by Heart.
  4. Hosted the BL Palace's Annual Workshop: Grand Banquet of the Kings, led by Heart, OkuraTsukiko, Killokii and Silverty.
  5. Drew art together for Artober, organised by Killokii.
  6. reated the BL Palace Summer Anthology, Golden Gaytimes, moderated by RedEmber, tiaf and bafflinghaze.
  7. Made each other little Secret Santa gifts, organised by oofcat.

 

2023

Next year, we plan to continue stronger and better! Look forward to:

  1. The BL Zine, organised by pumpkinewe! (see below for more details ;P)
  2. Our annual workshop~!
  3. Another BL anthology, this time with the theme 'Winter'!
  4. And a lot more fun things!

Keep an eye on this account, or even better, join our discord to keep up to date with the latest event news.

 

Return to Contents


2. BL Zine: expressions of interest 

pumpkinewe is preparing to make a free digital zine to share!

The requirements are as follows:

  1. A completed or active (Updated in the past 6 months) story.
  2. The main couple must be male-identifying characters.
  3. All content must have proper warnings.
  4. Posted on Scribble Hub. They can also post content on other websites but must also be on Scribble Hub.

You can read their post with all the details here: Scribble Hub Boy's Love Zine! Don't forget to message or comment your interest to pumpkinewe!

 

Return to Contents


3. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (November 2022)

Here are the novels that were completed in November 2022!

Life Skilling

 

Life Skilling by doravg

56.6k | 51 ch | Action, Adventure, Boys Love, Comedy, Fantasy, Harem, Romance

In this BL Harem romcom, you will find Augustine. He is a Song weaver, someone who can fight, heal, and buff with the harp. The problem? Even though he is an ok adventurer, the only thing he wants to do is cook, and hunt. Then one day, his mother, who is also his agent, gets him to party with Vincent, the first member of his new party.

Vincent is an archer, and he must have this break through, or he will be kicked out of the Adventurer's Guild. Along the way, the party grows into something more. With each of the members buttering up Tine with recipes, and hoping that they'll get to be his big spoon. As for Augustine? Well, he is a free spirit, who doesn't want to settle on a single man.

Inspired by games such as Black Desert Online, and Aion, but not using any of the monsters or the recipes from the games. Just the Life Skilling part.

Sort of the sequel to Anti-cake Dungeon Delving, but it won't focus too much on those characters. Just in the same universe, and they might have some cameos, but won't steal the show.

January Light

 

January Light by namio

22.1k | 3 ch | Adult, Boys Love, Drama

The beast Bai Ze, Xu Lin, once again awoke after centuries of sleep. Being last awake at the tail end of the Ming dynasty, the modern day was a-- shock. Many things have changed: the scenery, the people, the technology, the values.

Of course, one thing manages to unfailingly remain the same: that damn Taotie is still around to piss him off.

But Xu Lin has his duties to humanity, and do it he must. And if the remnants of the old Exorcism Department requires him to work with that Taotie Zhang Shenyuan for their vision of the future... Well, nobody could tell him to play nice.
______

Short story, 2 chapters, chapter 2 is for smut (you're welcome).
Persistent but not romantic Taotie gong x Cold and sharp-tongued, yearning for someone else Bai Ze shou
Strong overtones of unrequited love! Please read content warnings at the top of the chapters.

Magic Makes my Life Less Lonely!

 

Magic Makes my Life Less Lonely! by BriarRhodes

50.8k | 10 ch | Boys Love, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural

Elio, a recluse wizard-for-hire, packed his life away and moved to the countryside after suffering an unspeakable embarrassment in the big city. He now lives a quiet, relaxing life with his enchanted little friends doing odd-jobs filling magical requests for the local people of Windbloom.

But when a mysterious stranger appears at his door one night, Elio’s quiet life slowly becomes much more complicated. After numerous warnings from his little friends, is this man a threat to the wizard’s peaceful home, or is Elio finally confronting his buried feelings?

A Demon’s Life

 

A Demon’s Life by doravg

89.2k | 83 ch | Action, Adventure, Boys Love, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural

Beggar is just a small beggar boy, who doesn't know anything in life but hunger and hardship. Yet, one Christmas day, as he begged near the church, an elf gave him a sandwich. Beggar did his best to find a job at the docks, now that his belly was full. That led him to beginner bounty hunting. One of the jobs led him back to the elf, and the young demon's life changed for the better. Follow him along, as he becomes a one of a kind runesmith, and follows his dreams.

The series consists of two books:
A Demon's Childhood- 50 chapters
A Demon's Academy Days- 33 chapters

My Isekai harem wouldn’t stop fighting over me so I decided to get together with the Demon King♂ instead

 

My Isekai harem wouldn’t stop fighting over me so I decided to get together with the Demon King♂ instead by Ranobe_Otome

6.7k | 1 ch | Boys Love, Comedy, Fantasy, Harem, Isekai, Romance

My Isekai harem wouldn't stop fighting over me so I decided to get together with the Demon King♂ instead.

Title is basically summary of the entire story. This is a short, comedic sorta parody of the harem-seeking protagonist trope but ends in BL. This is one shot btw. Warning for some swearing, but not too bad.

 

 

Return to Contents


4. BL author news

 

Announcement

Eat_Angst is posting a BL called My story came to life today, go check it out!

My story came to life today

My story came to life today

Adventure, Boys Love, Comedy, Drama, Martial Arts, Psychological, Slice of Life, Supernatural

As a miner writer, transmigrating into his own book had been a heavenly blessing for him.

Death does not matter as long as i cross over!
Seeing, feeling and hearing. Watching the world which has become reality, who knows this world better then i?

The misunderstandings i created unfolded, The layers of mask i gave them were never uncovered , the stories i tugged away pulled at my heart.

The person i replaced did not receive peace

I regret.
I didn't think someone would answer these names someday

Who would have known attachment was so hurtful?

I'm such a coward

 

Announcement

Elder_Huang is posting a BL called Don’t Forget The General. In Eat_Angst's words, it looks really promising!

Don’t Forget The General

Don’t Forget The General

Boys Love, Fantasy, Historical, Martial Arts, Supernatural, Tragedy

The end is never permanent. It can be rewritten over and over again.
In the end, He held no regrets.
Except one.

Xinjian,
This is my last letter to you

- thanks for the news, Eat_Angst!

Return to Contents


5. Who are the chibis?

Did you see the chibis on our heading banner? Do you know where they come from? Such a mystery~ 😏😏

In every BLBL Newsletter, we dedicate a corner to showcase our staff's incredible artistic talent and give a shout-out to a handful of beautiful BL couples from novels featured on our very own Scribblehub! σ(≧ε≦o)

This month's chibis are courtesy of these lovely and hardworking artists: Killokii, oofcat and tiaf!

Have you read enough BL novels to guess which books these cute and adorable chibis are from? There's no punishment for guessing wrong! But if you guessed correctly before the big reveal you might just receive a cookie! 🍪🍪🍪🍪

Now, drum-roll please! 🥁🥁🥁

 

BLP_December_chibi22_v2.png

Xie Jie, Fen Ru Chao, Hao Kong, Chu Ling, Luo Bai, Gong Qiu Yu, Yan Zhu, Dun Xinyi, Dun Mírén, Dun Guanlian, and Zhou Tu from The Good Incubus by Jinz

 

Announcement

Did you like these chibis a lot? Would you also like to have chibis of your BL characters drawn?  If you have a finished or regularly updating novel with over 20k words, you can fill out this form to have a chibi of your main couple drawn and included in the newsletter banner!

 

 

Return to Contents


6. OG BL novel recommendations

None this month (ノ_<)

 

Return to Contents


7. General BL News

 

Kwon Hyuk And Moon Ji Yong Tease A Budding Office Romance In Poster For BL Drama “The New Employee”

There's an upcoming BL kdrama set in an office, "The New Employee"! It's based off a webtoon by the same name and looks fun - hat tip to Ruyi 

 

🎁🎁🎁

 

image.png

Check out this cool scum villain fanmade visual novel set in a mafia AU that's been translated into English! It's super long, got nice art, and can be played + saved directly in your web browser like WOW - hat tip to Ruyi 

 

🎁🎁🎁

 

image.png

The Fujocon 2022 videos are online for people who missed out! - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 
🎁🎁🎁

 

New Seven Seas License: Case File Compendium: Bing An Ben (Novel). Story by Rou Bao Bu Chi Rou. He Yu seems to have it all: he’s handsome, rich, and smart. But he’s hiding a dark secret–one that makes him a slumbering threat to the people around him. After spending years abroad, he enrolls in film school to pursue the girl of his dreams, Xie Xue...but that forces him to deal with her older brother. Xie Qingcheng, an icy man of subdued emotion, was once He Yu’s doctor, and is the only person who knows He Yu’s terrible secret. He Yu swears not to let his past with this man get in the way of his feelings for Xie Xue, but he soon finds himself drawn into a tangled web of intrigue and violence that involves both of the Xie siblings. As a sprawling conspiracy sucks in He Yu, he must confront his own grudges and face new truths–including his own feelings for Xie Qingcheng, which warp into a fixation much darker than what he feels for the man’s sister. Available August 2023 (Print/Digital).

New Seven Seas License: Remnants of Filth: Yuwu (Novel). Story and art by Rou Bao Bu Chi Rou and St. In the empire of Chonghua, two young generals rose to prominence side by side. The reserved Mo Xi was known for his commanding air and ruthless temperament. His best friend and comrade, Gu Mang, was the complete opposite: charming and clever, beloved by all…until he shocked the empire by turning traitor to serve an enemy nation. Years later, a feral Gu Mang has returned, his mind broken. The public demands his death, and no one is assumed more hungry for vengeance against him than Mo Xi. But when Mo Xi stays his hand, the question must be asked—what is the true relationship between the pair? And what past secrets hide beneath Mo Xi’s icy exterior and Gu Mang’s tortured psyche? Available April 2023 (Print/Digital).

Seven Seas has announced the release of more danmei: Case File Compendium and Remnants of Filth - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 

🎁🎁🎁

 

BL Recommendations by Eat_Angst!

series-main

Paljae, Child of Winter (팔재) - A blind man comes across a seemingly young winter spirit.

i396308.jpg

Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu (光が死んだ夏) - If you found out that your best friend died and was replaced by a undead curse, would you still hold feelings for him? Can you still hold feelings for him?

i380859.png

Gone with the wind (轻错)  - Did West winds vocalist really betray the band?

i387261.jpg
How’d I Get a Heroine’s Script? (好像拿错了女主剧本) - A terminally ill man received a second chance in life, but the scammer system tells him to make the male lead fall in love with him if he wants to live in this new ancient world. And so the cute and cute host works hard to make it alive everyday! But... Is our cute and cute hosts situation really this simple or? Is our scammer system really a scammer?

Back-to-My-Dads-High-School-Days.jpg

Back to My Dad’s High School Days (重回我爸的高中时代) - After falling into a pond 15 year old Qin shiwu travels back in time, discovers a while new side to his dad and dad.What study god dad what gentle beauty mother?? Auntie!!! You lied to me?!!

Wulin-No-Middle-School.jpg

Wulin No.1 Middle School (武林一中) - The mentally disabled Song “Will Do Anything For Food” genius martial artist and Yu “I am not too bright” demonic leader get in trouble with their parents for being idiots 24/7. Having crossed over from their s*upid martial arts world to modern China, every single person who has crossed acts like a complete moron and is scared of guns. They also slack off and are basically just comedic relief.

THE-VILLAIN-LOADED-MY-SYSTEM.png

The Villain Loaded My System (反派加载了我的系统[快穿]) - Gu Xiyu's super intelligent human like system has a small glitch.. it apparently forgets its data everytime they travel to the next mission!

The-Villain-Runs-Wild.jpg

The Villain Runs Wild (反派肆意妄为[快穿]) - Lin Sui is punished by the heavenly will for betraying the son of heaven, now he has to world hop with the 'system' that is the will of heaven and treat the protagonist in each world with utmost care. Lin Sui will show the will of heaven whose will is stronger now

i381415.png

I Am the Prince of This Land (내가 바로 이 나라의 왕) - Cute oneshot about a barber who sets out in search for the princess with the hair of gold, and the prince who insulted a witch and got cursed

 

🎁🎁🎁

Image

There is now a comprehensive list for all the resources for https://www.fujoshi.info/ ! Check out this twitter thread for more information - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 

Return to Contents


8. Fun corner

 

writer_vs_reader_Jinz.jpg
Writer vs Reader - by Jinz 

 

Return to Contents


9. Housekeeping for BL Palace

Twitter

Please directly message the account or message bafflinghaze in order to get something posted or retweeted on the BL Palace twitter account. This includes:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

Discord Server

Any readers and writers of BL are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server! We have writing sprints, writing help, and much more!

Email Subscription

You can sign up to receive emails to notify of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

BLBL's Next Newsletter

Help us out for the next Newsletter by filling out this form.

 

Return to Contents


10. Acknowledgements

Please give another round of applause to the lovely artists who made this month's BLBL Newsletter chibi banner: Killokii, oofcat and tiaf!! They were amazing, working on a large polyamorous chibi group!

And thank you to all those who submitted items for the newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next chapter of the newsletter next year! Have a good new year, everyone!

And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

 
10