BLBL Newsletter [25] : May 2023
265 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

05_banner_2023.png

BLBL NEWSLETTER - MAY 2023

Welcome all to the May 2023 edition of the Brilliant Library of Boys Love Newsletter!

 

The contents of this newsletter are as follows:

  1. Camp BLWriMo in April
  2. BL Palace's Annual Workshop: expressions of interest
  3. BL Zine: expressions of interest
  4. BL author news
  5. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (March 2023, April 2023)
  6. The banner chibis
  7. General BL News
  8. Fun corner
  9. Housekeeping for BL Palace
  10. Acknowledgements

1. Camp BLWriMo in April

During April, we held a Camp BLWriMo (BL writing month) in the discord server, based on Camp NaNoWriMo. Numerous writers joined in with their own personal daily writing goals, spanning from 100 words a day to 2000 words a day!

There were daily check-ins and weekly check-ins, which helped participants stay on track. It was amazing just how much could be done over a month by writing just a little everyday, and super inspiring for authors to see others writing along with them.

We'll run another Camp BLWriMo in July (to coincide with the next Camp NaNoWrimo). If you want to join us, come to our discord server.

 

Return to Contents


2. BL Palace's Annual Workshop: expressions of interest

Hello, BL connoisseurs! Do you wish to learn tips and tricks you can use in your own literary work, pester interact with Scribblehub BL authors, procrastinate, join a communal art spree, or maybe just discover the motivation to write one more sentence?

If so, you're in luck, because our annual writing workshop is on the way!

This year's Grand Banquet will contain a host of virtual panels by volunteer speakers, with regular breaks for games and chat conversations. It will have a similar structure to the one we hosted last year.

Announcement
If you're interested in attending or in being a ・゚✧panel host✧ ˚・, or if you wish to host a game/art session, please fill out the form below by 18th June 2023, 11:59pm. We'll use your responses to determine when to hold the event.

✨Form✨

That's all the information we have for now! If you'd like more frequent updates on the banquet, check out the BL Palace discord server.

 

Return to Contents


3. BL Zine: expressions of interest 

pumpkinewe is preparing to make a free digital zine to share with the BL community!

The requirements are as follows:

  1. A completed or active (Updated in the past 6 months) story.
  2. The story's main couple must be male-identifying characters.
  3. All content must have proper warnings.
  4. Story must be posted on Scribble Hub. Posting the story on other websites is fine, but it must also be on Scribble Hub.

You can read their post with all the details here: Scribble Hub Boy's Love Zine! Don't forget to message or comment your interest to pumpkinewe!

 

Return to Contents


4. BL author news

 

Announcement

avaseofpeonies and floofylove would both like to announce that A Drink Before Battle by avaseofpeonies is now complete (pending possible future extras)! 💗💗

A Drink Before Battle [BL]

A Drink Before Battle

Completed | 70.6k | 48 ch | Action, Adult, Boys Love, Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Mature, Romance, Smut

General Sevei is of the firm opinion that Nobles are shady and Alchemists even shadier. Noble Alchemists are the absolute worst. He is not looking forward to partnering with one to guard the border.

Upon their introduction, though, it would seem they have already met... under very intimate circumstances.

Oh...,****...

~~~*~~~

This is set in the same world as my novel "Salvage", but they are completely independent stories. You don't have to read one to read the other. (This one is back in medieval times, about 400 years prior to Salvage.)

Just like in Salvage, here you can expect some humor and some angst (and some occasional smut) and a bunch of hot messes just doing their best. Despite the seemingly salacious premise, this is a love story at its heart, as well as a story of friendship and found family.

Vers. couple: Manly cinnamon roll MC x Manly neurotic wreck ML

CW:
Homophobic society, internalized homophobia and closeting, internalized transphobia (supporting character), war veteran ptsd, slavery (supporting character - no abuse of this character is depicted).

Announcement

floofylove also announces that ars completed their long form story, To the Start of a New World !!! Yippee!! 💗💗

To the Start of a New World (BL)

To the Start of a New World

Completed | 112k | 44 ch | Action, Boys Love, Horror, Romance

It wasn't the apocalypse that broke him. He was strong enough to survive that. But when his childhood friend died for him, that was when Lu Hao realized he had made a mistake. Now he had a chance to fix it.

(This is an expansion of the story "At the End of the World", as told by Lu Hao. It is told in three parts: arc 1 involves Lu Hao and Hong Sheng's childhood. Arc 2 delves into the original events of the first timeline, which resulted in Hong Sheng's death. Arc 3 shows how Lu Hao uses his second chance when he wakes up before the apocalypse - before Hong Sheng dies.)

Announcement

Zaiakuma announces the following: I've finished with my rewrite of two of my stories, Quiet Bright Moon and the side story Beneath a Quiet Bright Moon. (yay)

Quiet Bright Moon

Quiet Bright Moon

Completed | 117.1k | 49 ch | Adventure, Boys Love, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Isekai, Mystery

Tags

Spoiler

Boy's Love Subplot, Cold Love Interests, Comedic Undertone, Cultivation, Daoism, Demons, Dense Protagonist, Drugs, Forgetful Protagonist, Healing, Love Interest Falls in Love First, Medical Knowledge, Misunderstandings, Past Trauma, Poisons, Possessive Characters, Pragmatic Protagonist, Strong Love Interests, Stubborn Protagonist, Time Travel, Transmigration, Xianxia

[collapse]

Pining Peak Lord Jiao Ziyu attempts to help out his friend and long-time crush, and quickly stumbles upon...

- a 'Little Hermit' with a seeming interest in horticulture and an extensive knowledge of poisons
- a ‘Red Devil’ with a keen interest in bullying the elderly
- a series of surprising secrets and revelations

This ultimately gets him pulled even deeper into the collective bullshit and drama of time travellers, transmigrators, Systems, and Demon Realm politics.

NOTICE: This story features some depictions of and references to mature themes.

Is it dark though? Not particularly. This is largely a comedy, not a tragedy.

 

Beneath a Quiet Bright Moon

Beneath a Quiet Bright Moon

Completed | 57.5k | 19 ch | Boys Love, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Isekai, Romance

Tags:

Spoiler

Androgynous Characters, Animal Characteristics, Boy's Love Subplot, Comedic Undertone, Cunning Protagonist, Daoism, Demon Lord, Demons, Misunderstandings, Possessive Characters, Pragmatic Protagonist, Spatial Manipulation, Strong Love Interests, Time Travel, Transmigration, Xianxia

[collapse]

As Jiao Ziyu and others deal with the collective drama of time travellers, transmigrators, Systems, and Demon Realm politics, a certain transmigrator - Bai Jixue - faces off against challenges of his own - and certain feelings as well.

BL. Side story to Quiet Bright Moon (<- Read this one first.)

NOTICE: This story features some depictions of and references to mature themes.

Is it dark though? Not particularly. This is largely a comedy, not a tragedy.

 

 

Announcement

Ame-Tora recommends Marrying My Master in Another World by K_Jira (as talented as ever), a very cute QT story about pupil/master relationship:

[QT] Marrying My Master in Another World

Marrying My Master in Another World

WIP | 92.5k | 61 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Sci-fi

Tags:

Spoiler

Ancient China, Appearance Changes, Beautiful Couple, Charming Protagonist, Clingy Lover, Devoted Love Interests, Doting Love Interests, Early Romance, Handsome Male Lead, Modern Time, Older Love Interests, Overpowered Protagonist, Personality Changes, Playful Protagonist, Possessive Characters, Power Couple, Protagonist Loyal to Love Interest, Protagonist Strong from the Start, Royalty, Sealed Power, Showbiz, Strong Love Interests, Transmigration, Unconditional Love, World Hopping

[collapse]

Feared by the world for their unrivalled strength, Bai Liang finally lost his beloved master under the 'justice' of the self-proclaimed righteous sects. As he sought blood and revenge, heaven secured him and locked him up before he caused irreparable destruction to his world and caused it to collapse. It was then he was told that his all-powerful master has escaped the abyss of the underworld and scattered his soul to multiple worlds in the lower realm.

But just as he thought that his master could live a carefree life, heaven didn't let him rest. His master who forcefully reincarnated himself to the worlds where he wasn't fated to exist had tangled the thread of fate and created instability in the world's trajectory. To prevent the collapse of these worlds, Bai Liang agreed to help maintain them, determined to let his master enjoy his life until he dies of old age without any regret.

Bai Liang: Let's focus.
Xue 'sword spirit system' Liang: [Yes, Master!]
A certain master: Baby, I'm here~
Bai Liang: Master! °˖✧ \ (///▽///) / ✧˖°
Xue Liang: [Master, stop climbing Grandmaster's bed QAQ!!]

 

Announcement

Ame-Tora is also writing a BL anthology, with the first chapter named Promise:

Anthology of fragrant lovers

WIP| 1.7k | 1 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Historical, Martial Arts, Mystery, Romance, School Life, Sci-fi, Supernatural

Collection of short, sweet stories about men who love each other.

 

Return to Contents


5. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (March 2023, April 2023)

Here are the novels that were completed in March 2023:

The Waltz

 

The Waltz by Zuerst

0.1k | 1 ch | Boys Love, Supernatural, Tragedy

The midnight moon,

An empty gazebo,

Your hand in mine,

As we waltz through the night.

The Secretary is Thirsty (R-18)  

The Secretary is Thirsty (R-18) by Bellarama-AKA-Bellaclare

55.7k | 19 ch | Adult, Boys Love, Comedy, Fantasy, Gender Bender, Harem, Mature, Sci-fi, Smut

In a certain company, a certain shapeshifter secretary is always thirsting after his Boss's crotch but, is always rejected by his Boss.
So, desperate for what lies in any man’s crotch, he thinks of a plan to quench his thirst.
Meanwhile, the personal butler of the Boss’s younger brother, also has a similar plan. But his is out of jealousy for his master’s attraction to the secretary.
His plan, to the secretary’s delight, worked a bit too well.
But then again, whose plan really succeeded in the end?
----
Butler: Just you wait! I’ll expose your slutty ass!
Secretary: By all means, go ahead.
Boss’s younger brother: I’m waiting for it.
Boss: ….What’s left to expose?

[BL] MEMENTO MORI  

MEMENTO MORI by EmpressVengeance

13.3k | 20 ch | Boys Love, Drama, Psychological, Romance, Smut

Florence was an omega with little to no presence he leave his life abused and served as a stand-in and a pregnancy tool for the two alphas

After dying he find himself back to the past this time with his knowledge he would make sure to get the revenge he deserve

SIREN – Between Water and Forest (BL)  

SIREN – Between Water and Forest by sasi

22.1k | 23 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Historical, Mature, Romance

Nanno lives in an underground city.
Charlie, his brother and their friends are on the run. But the humans get lost in the fairy forest.
What happens when man and siren meet?

WOLF – The two Packs  

WOLF – The two Packs by sasi

21k | 18 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Historical, Romance

The two werewolves Mads and Levi meet for the first time as children. Only a few years later do they meet again and feel attracted to each other. But their two packs don't get along.
In addition, Mads fears being tied to a witch or a wizard as a servant and leaving his homeland as a slave. Because his pack always sends the weakest wolves to protect the strength of the pack.
This is an agreement made with the witches a long time ago when the wolves lost the war.

 

 

And here are the novels that were completed in April 2023:

A Loki Trade

 

A Loki Trade by Beedok

9.9k | 4 ch | Boys Love, Gender Bender, Girls Love, Romance, Supernatural

A run in with an ancient Norse artifact leads to two strangers waking up in each other's bodies. Matthew is finding having a female body less uncomfortable than expected, though. While his trade partner is clearly enjoying having a masculine one, and seems to look a little guilty about that.

Will they find they're happy this way? (Spoilers: yes, the answer is yes. This is tagged 'transgender' after all. =P )

Unknown (BL)

 

Unknown by kin0monogatari

38.8k | 37 ch | Action, Boys Love, Fantasy, Horror, Mature, Mystery, Psychological, Smut, Supernatural

Main story: Dominic Liam and Micah Stantleton had been best friends since the beginning of time. One night, soon after graduation, they went for a dare in the woods. Micah was attacked by an unknown creature and is dragged deep into the woods, never to be found again. Dominic was devastated by the loss of his best friend and moved away from the town.

One odd morning, he received a call indicating that Micah is found with a memory lost in the very same woods and the only person he remembers is Dominic. But this is five years later. It is unknown as to what actually happened to Micah during that time gap. Is truth too much to ask for?

֍֎֍

Side Story: Following Kyo's story in Tokyo about his affair with the alpha of a powerful werewolf pack during the 5 years gap when Micah went missing.

A Drink Before Battle [BL]

 

A Drink Before Battle by avaseofpeonies

70.2k | 48 ch | Action, Adult, Boys Love, Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Mature, Romance, Smut

General Sevei is of the firm opinion that Nobles are shady and Alchemists even shadier. Noble Alchemists are the absolute worst. He is not looking forward to partnering with one to guard the border.

Upon their introduction, though, it would seem they have already met... under very intimate circumstances.

Oh...,****...

Dark Beauty (BL)

 

Dark Beauty by kin0monogatari

32.3k | 32 ch | Adult, Boys Love, Horror, Mature, Mystery, Psychological, Smut, Supernatural

Evil has a face.

This is not a good book to read. I suggest you people back away while you still have the chance. For Adrian McGroy is evil, seductive, irresistible, and exquisitely beautiful. And he's about to bring chaos into the Klaus family.

Looks can kill.

For real.

What Are We?

 

What Are We? by valveri4

4.8k | 9 ch | Boys Love, Romance, School Life

What Am I?

What Are You?

No...

What Are We?

To the Start of a New World (BL)

 

To the Start of a New World by ars

112k | 3 ch | Action, Boys Love, Horror, Romance

It wasn't the apocalypse that broke him. He was strong enough to survive that. But when his childhood friend died for him, that was when Lu Hao realized he had made a mistake. Now he had a chance to fix it.

 

 

 

 

Return to Contents


6. Who are the chibis?

Did you see the chibis on our heading banner? Do you know where they come from? Such a mystery~ 😏😏

In every BLBL Newsletter, we dedicate a corner to showcase our staff's incredible artistic talent and give a shout-out to a handful of beautiful BL couples from novels featured on our very own Scribblehub! σ(≧ε≦o)

This month's chibis are courtesy of these lovely and hardworking artists: Killokii and tiaf!

Have you read enough BL novels to guess which books these cute and adorable chibis are from? There's no punishment for guessing wrong! But if you guessed correctly before the big reveal you might just receive a cookie! 🍪🍪🍪🍪

Now, drum-roll please! 🥁🥁🥁

may2023-Chibi.png

Yeresym and Sevei from A Drink Before Battle by avaseofpeonies

may_23_2.png

Cole and Zain from I Will Live for You by MakusCorner

 

Announcement

Did you like these chibis? Would you also like to have chibis of your BL characters drawn?  If you have a finished or regularly updating novel with over 20k words, you can fill out this form to have a chibi of your main couple drawn and included in the newsletter banner!

 

 

Return to Contents


7. General BL News

 

image.png

There was a rather basic (and somewhat incorrect) article in The Guardian about BL. Discussions on the danmei reddit here - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 

Image

Seven Seas Entertainment released covers for multiple BL novels, including Stars of Chaos: Sha Po Lang - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 

Image

The Amazon Prime live-action adaption Red, White & Royal Blue will be released in August 11  - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 

Return to Contents


8. Fun corner

image.png

The Yaoi Army has some interesting looking BL~ - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 

Return to Contents


9. Housekeeping for BL Palace

Twitter

Please directly message the account or message bafflinghaze in order to get something posted or retweeted on the BL Palace twitter account. This includes:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

Discord Server

All BL readers and writers are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server! We have writing sprints, writing help, and much more!

Email Subscription

You can sign up to receive emails to notify you of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

BLBL's Next Newsletter

Help us write the next Newsletter by filling out this form.

 

Return to Contents


10. Acknowledgements

Please give another round of applause to the lovely artists who made this month's BLBL Newsletter chibi banner: Killokii and tiaf!!

And thank you to all those who submitted items for the newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next edition of the newsletter~

And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

 
 
10