(Chpt. 6) Disciple?
10k 19 170
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6. Since I won't be able to post it later today. I am happy for the support I am receiving for this story. In all honesty, I did not even think people would enjoy it. Thanks for reading this far. 


After Ari saw I calmed down she started talking again.

 

“From what I have heard [Common] [Uncommon] are the best a commoner can hope for, [Rare] and [Flawless] are so expensive, only nobles can afford them. [Legend] and [Divine] uhmm…”

 

When she mentioned the [Legend] and [Divine] tier she seemed to not know how to explain it. I decided to see if I could get at least some info on them.

 

“So are [Legend] and [Divine] really expensive?”

“From what I heard [Legend] items are only owned by the royal family and as for [Divine]... They are described as items blessed by the gods so they are regarded as national treasures and are protected by the church.”

 

Ah so that was it, she just did not want to tell me that they were pricey. And had no hopes of ever getting them.

 

“Ari, remember you mentioned [Relic]?”

 

I asked, Ari did not seem to expect the question, she looked confused but nodded.

 

“Unn.”

“Why do people think [Relic] tier exists?”

“Well I only heard this recently, but apparently a really talented [Smith] showed up, claiming to be the [Master Craftsman] Kuro's disciple, affirming Kuro could create a higher tier than [Divine] named [Relic].”

 

Ahhh, what is this development!  I audibly gulped and my expression turned empty. A disciple? Am I famous?! I started holding my head again while looking at the ground. While regretting my entire existence Ari pulled me back to reality by tugging my cloak.

 

“Yami?!?!”

 

She looked really worried and panicked…

 

“It's ok, I have a few more questions.”

 

I replied with a faint smile.

 

“... Only if you do not make me worried again.”

“Nn.”

 

I nodded slowly and asked.

 

“Who is the [Master Craftsman] Kuro?”

 

Ari looked at me in disbelief, but after a few seconds, she let out a sigh and started talking.

 

“Kuro the [Master Craftsman] is known throughout the whole world because of his creations with incomparable quality, his items have a half-moon engraved onto them. However…”

“However?”

“Kuro apparently disappeared without leaving a trace 30 years ago.”

 

30 years? Wait doesn’t that make me over 50 years old?! Everyone knows my name?! I don't know how much I expected but I managed to keep my composure. I needed to confirm one more thing.

 

“Ari, what would happen if people found out someone has an item of the aforementioned [Relic] tier?”

 

She started thinking for a bit. Her face brightened as she had reached the answer.

 

“Wellll, I am not sure but they would probably be hunted by the church. But you do not need to worry about that.”

 

She said with a cheerful smile.

 

“Nn…”

 

My expression turned dark for a second, I thanked Ari. While patting her with a warm smile on my face.

 

“Thanks Ari. I do not know what I would've done without you.”

“No problem, you may rely on me whenever you can.”

 

She said while puffing her chest with a little bit of pride.

 

“Then also rely on me whenever you can.”

“Nn!”

 

She nodded with joy.

 

“Can I have my ring back?”

“...”

 

She reluctantly gave it back. When she saw put it on my left hand, she seemed to have noticed something while looking at it.

 

“Hey, Yami, that is a really pretty ring, what is it for?”

 

She asked, her eyes were sparkling with interest. She seemed to be really interested in my left hand. I started speaking while showing her my left hand.

 

“Ah well, this is a [Friendship Ring] it basically means you have a really deep bond with someone.”

“Oh, it’s so pretty! Do you think I could meet 'that' someone someday?”

“Well, that… I don’t know, hopefully, we can meet her someday.”

 

I said with an empty face and a distant look while looking at the sky. Ari tugged on my clothes again.

 

“No Yami, we will meet her.”

 

She said with a really determined look in her eyes. seeing her like that, I felt happy. I do not know if she understood my feelings but I was still happy hearing that. I grabbed Ari and embraced her.

 

“Thank you Ari.”

 

I said with a soft voice, at that moment a felt an indescribable warm feeling. I embraced her for a long time. I was thankful to have her around. When I let her go she seemed a bit sad, but as she was recovering from my embrace, she looked at my right hand and froze for a second.

 

“Y-Yami. W-what is that ring?”

 

She asked with a trembling voice while pointing at my ring. She was pointing at the [Useless Ring of Insanity] or the now Demon King’s ring.

 

“Umm… It’s complicated, let’s just say the ring is cursed and I should never take it off under any circumstances.”

 

I said with a forced smile. Ari seemed to agree with what I just said and did not ask any further questions about it.

 


Hey guys author here. Thank you all for reading my story. Hopefully, I can keep making it interesting and entertaining. 

Question that no one asked:  

Spoiler

Q: Why is Ari so knowledgable for a slave?

A: Is she really just a slave?

[collapse]

170