Chapter 272 – The Amethyst Hall
482 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

8pz03t6.png

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

I am Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon]

The Caretaker of Otherworldly Tenants [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Magical Girl Kari: Apocalypse System [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

The Hero Became a Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] [Amazon]

Micchi Versus the New world [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Ellori, the Ero Witch of Parthun [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

The Housewife's Netorare App [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

Social Links: [Patreon] | [Twitter] | [Discord]

I am Succubus! is available for pre-order on Amazon! Thank you for your continued support, readers!

I am Succubus!: Vol. 1 - Kindle edition

bb62930301c34351b3d8047a651988e4.jpg

Hero Succ! Vol. 5 is available on Amazon, too!

I Became a Succubus, and the Only Way to Level is to... What?! Vol. 5

Each hall was in a different part of Aidenhall. Kanae had thought it would have been in a single gigantic fortress, like a big company with multiple specialized departments functioning as a single entity. She was the last one to be shown to her hall. From what little she saw of Will, Esta, and Dalu's halls, they appeared to be constructed differently from one another. Given that the halls were built from the remains of destroyed sections of the palace, it came as no surprise.

"Amethyst." Grand Eye Analise suddenly uttered her name on the way to the next hall.

"Yes!" Kanae tensed up.

She was on thin ice for not only bringing Petyr Stormcloud right to the heart of Radevic, but also for delivering Lord Charron's condition about releasing Roshasha. The Grand Eye had been surprisingly understanding for the most part, but anyone else reading over Kanae's recent track record as Amethyst might think she started batting for the other team.

"Your first mission with your newly-established Order of Amethyst is to assemble a task force. One capable of securing and restraining Roshasha," Analise explained.

"You're considering her release after all?" Kanae gasped.

"Anyone can see how weak Radevic is without allies," she began with a heavy sigh. "Say we go the route of solitude. At best, Lord Charron and Artaggon ignore us. Queen-Mother Zariah and Temptation still threaten us from the north, and now the Empire of Ortesia from across the seas. Roshasha is our best bet, and that is where you come in."

Even Kanae wouldn't want to be in Grand Eye Analise and King Turren's shoes right now. At least her political choices regarding the Commonwealth were somewhat straightforward. Radevic found itself in a much tougher spot having made a new enemy and trying to ally with a former enemy.

They reached the new hall at last, situated five floors from the ground and facing out to the southwestern portion of the city. The place was accessed from a short but wide bridge. Large archways and empty round platforms, likely to accommodate statues, welcomed them into the castle that looked as though it was added after the fact.

Kanae marveled at the beautiful architecture, pristine from being freshly built. This was what Aidenhall must have looked like in its heyday. Clean-cut light gray stone walls yet worn by weather, and spires with pointed rooftops colored in purple. The foyer gave way into a large chamber furnished with long dining tables. Iron-bound wooden doors on the west, south, and north end of the room led deeper into the castle. Two staircases framing the western door curved up and out of sight to the second and third floors.

"This is… mine?" Kanae asked in awe.

"Indeed. It used to be a research laboratory for magical and enchanted items. Unfortunately, the lab succumbed to bombardment during the Ortesian siege. Research has now been moved to the Illuminant Repository for the time being. This is now the Amethyst Hall. Your hall," Analise said proudly.

Since Kanae's hall was the last one, the Grand Eye wanted to give her a tour of the place. The sleeping quarters were on the third floor. They had the barest furniture in each room. The second floor was the armory and storage, where a quartermaster handled inventory of arms, equipment, and potions. The Amethyst Hall also had a smithy down the west wing, and its two forges were ready for use. She was going to need to find people for that, too. As for the south and north wings, it was up to Kanae to do with the several large chambers as she pleased.

Crack!

A loud crash, like the sound of stone being crushed, made Kanae flinch.

"W-What was that?!" Kanae cried.

"That must be your first voluntary recruit. Come with me." Analise led Kanae down the south wing, and the end of the corridor opened to an outdoor terrace.

Petyr Stormcloud, wielding Shifting Steel as a warhammer, bludgeoned stone golems after stone golem that didn't fight back. They simply reformed themselves to be pummeled to smithereens again.

"You're joking…" Kanae stared at the Grand Eye.

"I am. What Petyr did during the war is unforgivable, and like Gretchen Redbaron, her post will be handed to someone else in time. The Amethyst Hall is where she will be residing during her stay in Radevic. Well, Petyr? How are you enjoying the accommodations?" Analise called out tauntingly to her.

"Go fuck yourself, Analise!" Petyr transformed Shifting Steel into a bow and fired a shot at them.

Kanae panicked and dove away, but the Grand Eye deflected the projectile with a flick of the wrist. The arrow exploded safely off in the distance.

"It may not look like it, but that's her being friendly," Analise said.

"I don't believe you!" Kanae retorted.

"Remember, I'm gone once I fulfill my end of the bargain with Kanae. I could care less if Radevic goes up in flames. I just want my castle and pegasus." Petyr went back to taking her frustration out on the golems.

Thank the gods Petyr stood by principle. That made her easier to deal with than most people. Kanae and Analise returned to the main hall.

"Real quick. I'm also the queen of the Commonwealth. I can't always be here to lead. Won't that be a problem?" Kanae asked.

"Then you will need a vice-commander to lead in your absence. I trust that you and the other colored knights are capable of forming a strong, cohesive unit. Despite your questionable methods, you haven't let me down as Knight of Amethyst. You were perhaps the single most important decision I had ever made for Radevic. Now, I must return to my stately duties. Your betrothed, Arenade Brightwind, demands that I assist her in the wedding preparations. For now, the Amethyst Hall is a little empty. Get to recruiting, Amethyst." When the Grand Eye offered a bow, Kanae saluted her until she was gone.

Come to think of it, today was the first time Kanae had seen Analise without the Saint Priests guarding her. Everyone must be knee-deep in work after the war.

"Alright. I have this whole hall to myself. Hehe… Knight-Commander Amethyst. I like the sound of that," Kanae said, savoring the echo of the name in her empty hall.

However, now was no time to rest on her laurels. An important and daunting task laid before her. But… a team that could subdue Roshasha? Even Petyr was shaking in her boots! Well, that was going to be an issue to tackle once they got there. The Grand Eye was right. It was time to get to recruiting, and she had just the people.

Kanae flew to the Radevic branch of the Eminence of Sin. The block used to be rundown and ridden with filth. Thanks to the Sisters of Sin's charity work, it looked just as clean and beautiful as Brighton. Folks weren't on the brink of starving. Crime had taken a plunge. Not to mention, the hundreds of people who lived around were devout followers of the Eminence of Sin.

High Priestess Tabitha, the human red-head and one of the first Kanae had transformed into a succubus, was in the middle of giving a sermon to congregants. Sitting far in the back, with bored looks on their faces, were the succubi sister trio. Claudia rested her chin on the backrest of the pew in front of her. Hilde had fallen asleep. Lastly, Alicia was shaving her nails with a knife.

"Not doing it for you guys?" Kanae asked about the sermon.

"Can you blame us? It's like watching a herd of bleating sheeps listening to a herdsman sing," Alicia groaned.

"I don't understand. What is this 'consent' that the high priestess keeps mentioning? It sounds silly. Just save yourself the trouble and take what you want by force," Claudia said.

"It means both parties should agree on wanting sex before having sex," she answered, folding her arms. "Preposterous for a succubus, I know. Those principles go out the window against enemies though, so by all means. If this is boring to you though, I have something that might be more fun."

They turned to face Kanae with cautious interest. Claudia even shook Hilde awake so she could listen in. Kanae explained everything from the Amethyst Hall, to being part of a revered militant force within Aidenhall, and their task to face Roshasha if it came to that.

Suffice to say, the three of them were… not impressed.

"Forgive me if I'm not understanding, but how is this any different than us aiding you to begin with?" Alicia asked.

"For one, it's the first step to convince people you're not enemies. Just think about it! Your needs will be met. You'll have something to do again other than listening to Eminence of Sin sermons. And chances are, given our race, the Grand Eye will inevitably turn our attention to Queen-Mother Zariah, Ambrosia, and the Cult of Lust and Depravity," Kanae explained.

All three of them perked up. The desire for revenge was at least palpable in Claudia and Alicia, since they were wronged the most. On the other hand, Hilde seemed content being free of the Queen-Mother's scrutiny, if not a little bored. Kanae did sense in her, more than the other two, a need to prove herself. After all, the other Mistresses regarded Hilde as 'the runt of the litter', and that might have messed her up a little.

"I'll join," Hilde said.

"Hildy? It's just going to be a bunch of cattle playing knights and dragons. Why do you want to be a part of a ranch?" Claudia asked.

"Because I owe it to her for opening my eyes to the vise Mother had around me. You, too. Don't forget, Claudia, it was Kanae who brought Alicia back to us," she reminded her sisters.

Claudia and Alicia exchanged glances before nodding to each other.

"Hilde is right. We will join this order of yours. It better not bore us like your religion has, Kanae." Alicia leveled the tip of the blade to her nose and grinned.

"I-I'll try not to… You three head over first. Just tell the guards Knight-Commander Amethyst sent you and ask for the location of the Amethyst Hall," Kanae said.

"Where are you going?" Claudia asked.

"I have a few more people to recruit. You didn't think it was just going to be the four of us, did you?"

The sisters spread their wings, eager to take off from the church. Meanwhile, Kanae went around back to search for High Priestess Meidina in the dormitory. The elven half-succubus was divvying up duties for the day when she arrived.

"Queen Kanae!" Meidina gasped, then grabbed the two nearest succubi by their head to force them into the bowing position.

"It's alright. I heard the Ortesians attacked the church, too, and that Revah and Daya were there when it happened. Good work protecting them." Kanae smiled.

"Hehe. I still see Revah as that tiny baby succubus. It is always my pleasure to look after the princesses. What brings you down here today? Have you need of our services?" she asked.

"Actually, yes. I feel bad for separating you and Tabitha, but a new position in Aidenhall has opened up, and I want you to assume the post as quartermaster of Amethyst Hall. Pick a few Sisters of Sin to come with you. From now on, you serve directly under me."

Meidina became teary-eyed. Her hands clasped together, and she gazed up as though to thank the gods for this gift.

"I'll not disappoint you, Queen Kanae! Ha! Take that, Tabitha. I've earned the queen's favor. I can't wait to brag in her face. Hehe… hehehe!" Meidina skipped off to pack her things after Kanae gave her instructions on how to get to the hall.

Now for the next. Kanae flew downtown to the shadier parts of Radevic. After Renya transitioned the lucrative side of her business dealings into official Rown Company matters, the floodgates had opened up for all sorts of new criminal enterprises and gangs to throw their weight around. Before that, it used to be Bardell and the Outriders who ran parts of the underworld. Now, it was Edina Hackett.

Crime across Radevic had decreased, but one section of the city saw a tremendous increase instead. Eerily named the 'Bonelands', the crime-addled district spanned nine blocks. Prostitution and gambling ran rampant. Black market and lucrative trade operated out in the open, conveniently ignored by city officials. Because if criminals wanted to flock to the Bonelands and the rest of the city remained free of crime thanks to it, then they were willing to overlook that.

However, a single iron rule written in blood had to be heeded by everyone— don't fuck with Edina Hackett.

Kanae was able to find the necromancer by her death knight standing guard outside a multistory, brick building. It quite literally stuck out like a sore thumb, and most people steered clear of the undead. This one though, had a lot of augmentations from Corpsestitch.

"Cantu, is that you?" Kanae asked.

"Ah, Kanae! You like how I look? Edina even gave me a working minotaur dick!" Cantu exclaimed, pulling aside the armored tasset to reveal a massive cock.

"Eh? How's that supposed to work?" Curiosity got the better of Kanae, and she put a hand on the thick member.

It twitched to her touch and gradually grew harder. Cantu was hung like a horse. Whichever minotaur Edina had killed to put this on him must have been a big one. Before Kanae realized it, her hands were stroking his dick. If Cantu wasn't an ugly boney abomination, she might have let him fuck her.

"Ooh… Oh!" Cantu shuddered, and a gooey spunk spurted from his dick.

"Alright, I'm not here to fuck with your new cock." Kanae brushed the cum off her hands. "Ngh… Maybe later. I need to speak with Edina—"

A commotion inside the building drew their eyes to the door. It swung open, and a beefy ogre flew out into the streets. He crashed into a stack of crates and saw stars.

"P-P-Please, be reasonable! I didn't mean any offense!" An elven man walked backwards out of the building soon after.

"You came into my side of the town and tried to swindle me? You're lucky I ain't Bardell. He would have cut your balls off and tossed them to the dogs. As for me, I'll let you off with a warning and all the coins in your pockets." Edina waltzed out radiating with necrotic energy.

The terrified elf emptied his pockets and tossed his coin purse on the ground before bolting it down the street.

"I ask again, are you sure you aren't evil?" Kanae asked in jest.

"Hey, Kanae! Er. Cantu, put your dick away," Edina scolded.

"Sorry…" Cantu fixed his tasset back on.

"Don't worry about that guy." The necromancer flew up to Kanae and put an arm around her shoulders. "He was peddling some bad drugs into my neighborhood. I told him to stop, offered a drink to break bread, but he poisoned my cup when I was looking away. Good thing I have resistance to poisons and toxins as a high level necromancer passive skill. I'd be dead otherwise!"

They entered the lavish abode, which was a stark contrast to the slum-like scene outside. Silk curtains, polished granite tables, and cabinet of wine were among the few exorbitant belongings Kanae spotted. That, too, was just a front. Because the next room over was the perfect copy of the necromancer's lair she had back in Ehmvier.

"Has this place always been here?" Kanae asked as she entered the doom and gloom room.

"Nah, I was getting this place built ever since I followed you to Radevic. Nice, huh? I almost have a ritual circle made to summon souls for death knights. You want a drink? This Chalice of Endless Booze has been my favorite enchanted item." Edina used the chalice's magic to conjure a full cup of alcohol.

"None for me, thanks. I'm actually here for you," she said, much to the squirreling's confusion.

After explaining all the important bits, Edina was hesitant to accept. She had never been one for rules, especially not one to belong to an organization. The last one, the Outriders, screwed her over enough. Edina was a free spirit through and through, and if given the chance, she wouldn't hesitate to isolate herself in order to practice necromancer in peace.

Being under the scrutiny of Aidenhall probably didn't sound like a very interesting prospect.

"I take that as a 'no'?" Kanae frowned.

"You really think that little of your best friend? I'll join, but I want something in return. Let me put my third soul cairn inside Amethyst Hall, and it's a deal." Edina stuck an arm out.

"Deal!" She clasped her friend's hand and breathed a sigh of relief. "Wait, third? You have the first in Ehmvier… so where's the second?"

Edina's gaze flicked to the door where Death Knight Cantu was standing guard. Kanae took it as a sign not to ask any more questions she didn't want the answers to.

Together, they traveled to Aidenhall with a small army of undead carrying Edina's belongings. It gave the guards at the palace gates quite the scare. Hilde, Claudia, and Alicia were making themselves at home in Amethyst Hall and had claimed their own rooms. The now Quartermaster Meidina and four Sisters of Sin organized the storage area. She was already way ahead of them, making necessary requisitions from Aidenhall and numerous shops from the city.

Amethyst Hall was looking lively already, like an adventurer's hall if not the picturesque image of a demon master's castle…

To celebrate, they popped open champagne bottles and brought back a feast from the dining halls below. Even Petyr stopped slaughtering the stone golems to join them. Though… it didn't seem like she was enjoying herself.

"Why so glum?" Claudia, having downed one too many cups of beer, plopped down next to Petyr, who had been off in the corner sipping on wine. "We're friends now. Part of the same order. Petyr, right? Can I call you Petty?"

"Call me Petty one more time, and I'm going to kill you…" Petyr growled.

"Oooohh! Maybe it didn't show when we were fighting, but I looooved how hard you hit me~'" she purred.

Petyr grinded her teeth so hard, they might turn to sand. Kanae was about to go separate them before an actual fight broke out when a distant knock echoed from the front.

"Who could that be so late at night?" Alicia asked.

"Not sure. I'll go get it," Kanae said, leaving the others to the feast.

When she got to the gate, a dark elven girl was there waiting. Shireen, her fellow initiate knight.

"Hi, Kanae!" Reen waved.

"Reen?" Kanae hugged her classmate and friend. "What are you doing here? Not that I'm not glad to see you, but you're a knight now, aren't you?"

She rested a fist over her puffed up chest. "Hehe. Yes, I am! That's part of why I wanted to see you. The cat's out of the bag. The Order of the Knights of Colors are recruiting for their halls! It's like the talk of the entire academy. I want to join the Amethyst Hall as the garrison's cook! You're going to need someone to feed an order of hungry soldiers. What, you plan to fly down everytime you want to eat?"

Reen had a point… However, on the list of professions Kanae needed to recruit, a cook was at the very bottom. She needed a weapon and an armorsmith to mend or forge their equipment, an alchemist to concoct potions, and possibly an enchanter for magical needs.

When Kanae hadn't accepted Reen right away, the young knight became desperate.

"Pleeeeease! I really want to be a part of something great, more than just a footsoldier. Joap is off in Highgreen studying advanced magic, and even Runald got accepted into the Silver Hall!" Reen exclaimed.

"Esta got to Runald first? Damn— er…" Kanae caught herself too late.

"Awww, come on! You wanted Runald, too? We're best buds, aren't we? I'll do my best to be a worthy member!" she pleaded.

Kanae heaved a sigh.

"I'll work you to the bones, Reen! You better do me proud," Kanae said.

"Yes, Kanae! Ahhhh… I mean, Knight-Commander Amethyst!" Reen grinned.

8pz03t6.png

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

I am Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon]

The Caretaker of Otherworldly Tenants [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Magical Girl Kari: Apocalypse System [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

The Hero Became a Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] [Amazon]

Micchi Versus the New world [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Ellori, the Ero Witch of Parthun [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

The Housewife's Netorare App [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

Social Links: [Patreon] | [Twitter] | [Discord]

Dakimakura available for purchase here: Kanae Toyomi – Cuddly Octopus

8c29bc950b6a9270ed0f30cac20a2e59.png09cba2a1d785c6ca69385137bf56b3cb.png

7