Chapter 285 – Wedding Day (Part 1)
541 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

8pz03t6.png

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

Adventurers Gone Wild [Patreon] | [Amazon

I am Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

The Caretaker of Otherworldly Tenants [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Magical Girl Kari: Apocalypse System [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

The Hero Became a Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] [Amazon]

Micchi Versus the New world [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Ellori, the Ero Witch of Parthun [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

The Housewife's Netorare App [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Social Links: [Patreon] | [Twitter] | [Discord]

I am Succubus! is available on Amazon! Thank you for your continued support, readers!

I am Succubus!: Vol. 1 - Kindle edition

bb62930301c34351b3d8047a651988e4.jpg

Hero Succ! Vol. 6 is available for pre-order on Amazon!

I Became a Succubus, and the Only Way to Level is to... What?! Vol. 6

Image

Despite having all that time and help leading up to the wedding, the day of turned out to be a lot more hectic than anyone thought. Most of Aidenhall had taken the day off and classes were canceled for the occasion. Dignitaries and guests across the eastern continent were finally arriving in Radevic after their long journey here. King Turren saw to their welcome so Arenade and Kanae could focus on their special day. Kanae figured this was going to be a modest ceremony, not one for the history books. She didn't expect Arenade to have invited so many people. The poor Viviren mages, from Amethyst Hall and in Ehmvier, were brought to deathly exhaustion teleporting some in.

Kanae especially, was more nervous than ever. After all, she was getting married. Her marriage to Noah had been a political one and without a wedding. She never got a chance to dress up and look pretty. To have a whole ceremony, attended by thousands, gave Kanae the jitters. Was Arenade feeling the same way right now? 

"Ahhh~ Queen Kanae, you look so beautiful!" Lilith swooned.

"I'm sooo jealous! I hope I can one day find someone to marry and dress in such a gorgeous gown," Taileen said, and her sister Erin nodded aggressively in agreement.

The original seven Sisters of Sin tended to Kanae, helping her get dressed, don make up, and do her hair. Meidina, Tabitha, Lilith, Zadris, Taileen, Erin, and Eldora were probably more excited for this wedding than she was. Maybe Kanae had the groom's way of thinking since she used to be a man, but all of this seemed like such a hassle for a single day. No, not good. If Arenade caught wind that she was thinking this way, an earful was the last thing she had to worry about.

"Kanae." Gretchen Redbaron appeared in the doorway to the Knight-Commander's bedchamber. "I'm here to report that there has been no suspicious happenings regarding Ortesians. At least for the moment."

"Thanks, Gretchen. You can be at ease now. I doubt anything is going to happen with so many people around," Kanae said.

"On the contrary, that is precisely why I should stay vigilant. If it were up to me, I would attack once you and all the guests have gathered in the Basilica," she explained, much to everyone in the room's dismay.

They glared at her like the party-pooper she was.

Gretchen didn't let their stares dissuade her. She remained steadfast. Kanae had to order the new Sister to come, since she was initially too glued to work as Commonwealth's Inquisitor, probably in an attempt to make up for her past actions. However, the other Sisters of Sin had become quite taken with her over time. It might be due to that soft interior underneath all that grit and duty.

"Lighten up, Gretchen. This is our queen's very special day! Don't go ruining the mood with your high elven stink-face." Eldora stuck a tongue out.

"How far have I fallen, to let a common elf mock me?" Gretchen rolled her eyes.

When the Sisters of Sin finished and stepped aside from Kanae at last, she was able to see herself in the mirror. A succubus wrapped in a shimmering, ivory wedding gown. She had a veil draping down her face and a small bouquet of lilies adorned on her hair. Purple jewels dotted across the collar. Lilith put on the finishing touch, setting a lace mantle interwoven with flowers over her bare shoulders.

Even Kanae was stunned by her own appearance. Arenade must certainly look even more dazzling than this. Unfortunately, she was holed up somewhere in the Basilica of Saint Rue. In high elven tradition, they weren't supposed to see each other for most of the day. Something about bad karma. Knowing Arenade though, she was probably getting herself pampered and made extra sure to look better than everyone else.

Kanae was able to wander around the palace without fear of running into her. She lifted a hand up to the mirror. The Ring of Destined Matrimony was absent and left behind an imprint on her ring finger. She and Arenade had given their rings to Edina, who they named ring-bearer. The squirreling had been with them since the beginning and was just as important in their lives. Though… Arenade would never in her lifetime admit that.

Once Kanae and Arenade exchange vows and rings, they would finally be married. The thought made her heart flutter.

"Hehe… I can finally call Arenade my wife…" Kanae whispered to herself.

"Hey, uh… Kanae? You in there, buddy?" Edina poked her head in.

"What's the matter? Oh, god. Why do you look like you're about to give me some bad news…" She braced for the worst.

The squirreling wrung her hands together and hesitated to say anything else. Eventually, she found the courage.

"I… might have lost your ring," Edina confessed.

Every jaw in the room hit the floor.

"High Priestess Edina, how?!" Lilith grabbed the squirreling's shoulders and shook.

"I-I went to the pub to get a drink with some friends earlier. When I got back to the hall, I checked my pockets and it was gone! I still got Arenade's ring safe and sound though!" Edina explained hastily and showed them the small jewelry box.

"Of course something has to go wrong!" Kanae threw her hands in the air. "Well, did you retrace your steps to look for it? Wait… You didn't pawn my ring off, did you?"

"Oh, come on! Have more faith in your best friend! I may be a klepto, but I wouldn't sell your ring like that!" she exclaimed.

"But you were foolish enough to lose it," Gretchen added with shaming intent.

Edina sulked, tail tucked between her legs in guilt.

There was no sense in griping about it now. Kanae enlisted the Sisters of Sin to help search Brighton and ask about a lost ring, but the district was a large place. While they spread out, Kanae and Edina narrowed their search to the area around the pub.

The place was called Ignite, for its signature whiskey in which the bartender set on fire for patrons to drink. Kanae got a lot of stares being in her wedding dress, including a lot of congratulations since the marriage of Commonwealth's queens tying the knot was public knowledge. However, just as many were baffled that she was out and about rather than getting ready for the ceremony.

"So, I was here drinking. Couple of buddies and me were knocking back drinks. Pretty sure I still had it while drinking. Brushed my hand over it a couple of times. I came back, asked the bartender and patrons, but no one had any idea about a ring." Edina shrugged while they were in the middle of Ignite.

Everyone in the bar was minding their own business. If someone did find a ring in here, they would probably have made a big deal out of it.

"Excuse me, bartend!" Kanae hollered to a big human man filling up a few steins. "Did you notice anyone suddenly jumping with joy on their way out?"

The bartender looked up and recognized Edina. "Oh, you the one who lost the ring? Jumping with joy, huh… No, don't think so. Most people're too sloshed. Had a couple leave behind weapons, because they were so drunk. Tell you what. How's about an Ignite Special on the house to lift your spirits? It's your wedding day, right?"

"I really don't think I—"

"I like that idea! One for each!" Edina put an arm around Kanae's shoulders. "What's one drink?"

Two shots of golden nectar hit the counter. The bartender sparked a fire with his finger, lighting up the surfaces of the two beverages.

"I guess one drink is fine… This isn't going to hurt, is it?" Kanae lifted the whiskey and grimaced.

"Nah, I've had plenty of Ignites. Fire goes out as soon as it's in your mouth anyway. To you and Arenade! Cheers!" Edina lifted her glass, and they toasted.

Kanae downed the whiskey, which was smoother than silk going down her throat. The flavor was immaculate. Notes of honey, cedar, and mint spread across her taste buds. There was a building heat in her chest, too. Wait…

"Oh, shit. Kanae! Fire!" Edina cried.

"Fire?" Kanae glanced down to find one of the flowers on her mantle having caught fire. "Not the dress! PUT IT OUT!"

The two of them patted at the fire to no avail. It wasn't until the bartender filled a glass of water and splashed Kanae did they put it out, but now she was partially soaked.

"Uhh. Sh-Should I not have?" the bartender asked reluctantly.

"No, it's fine. It could have been worse. I'll end up dry before the ceremony." Kanae sighed.

A few of the flowers were charred black. The fabric was perfectly fine, as expected of tharcidia diamond silk.

"I'm so sorry, Kanae! Holy shit, this is my fault and it's getting worse by the second!" Edina apologized profusely.

"Like I said, I'm fine! The wedding dress is fine, too. Let's focus on finding the ring. Coming out here was a bust. Maybe we can… Wait, we can ask Chappy!" Kanae exclaimed.

"The living grimoire? Oh, yeah! I'll have my undead keep looking while we hit up the book," she said.

They returned to Aidenhall, which was bustling with important guests from all across the continent. The corridors were lined with flowers. Banners of the Commonwealth, the silhouette of a succubus in flight, draped down archways and gates. A few well-dressed people called for Kanae, hoping to meet with one of the brides, but she regrettably had to apologize and be on her way.

"Kanae! Kanae Toyomi!" Duke Kroenig of Orturic waved to her from below.

"Duke! It's good to see you again!" Kanae descended to meet with one of the few people worth greeting.

The two exchanged pleasantries, and the duke marveled at her beauty. He gifted Kanae an unopened bottle of brandy from the Empire of Ortesia, straight from his private cellar for such an occasion.

"Today is a momentous day, and you're looking more harried than a general in battle. What happened, my friend?" Kroenig asked.

"I, erm… lost a wedding ring," Kanae replied nervously.

"You— what?! How could you lose something that important?" He gasped.

Behind Kanae, Edina cast her gaze to the ground.

"Well, I hope you enjoy the wedding later. I gotta go find the ring before the ceremony. Bye!" Kanae bowed to the duke before taking off in a hurry.

Following the largest crowd led them to King Turren, one of two most important people in Aidenhall, and who Kanae could be sure several Saint Priests would be accompanying. By a stroke of luck, Lanil Hammerthorn was guarding him today alongside Delayn, Vestrid, and Bocchi.

"Ah!" King Turren spotted them coming. "Queen Kanae, the bride has come to grace us with her presence! Everyone, if you will grant your attention to the beautiful woman of honor today!"

The crowd of lords, dukes, and noblemen all turned around to applaud Kanae and shower her with compliments. She awkwardly thanked them all while squeezing through to get to the king.

"Thanks, everyone… but I'm kind of in a hurry. This is probably breaking protocol, but can I steal Lani away?" Kanae asked.

"Amethyst, I know this is an important day for you, but pulling aside a Saint Priest is a security concern. Is something wrong?" Vestrid asked curiously.

"About that…"

"I lost her ring, and we need Lani and Chappy's help to find it…" Edina was the one to come out with it this time.

"You lost Queen Kanae's ring?!" They stared in disbelief.

"I get it already! I deserve it! But I ain't gonna hear the end of it, am I?" She groaned aloud.

Fortunately, King Turren was understanding. He wasn't one for tradition anyway and broke protocol to let Lani go. She was also more than happy to help. They headed up to her room where she had originally left Chappy for the day, since he was too problematic to have out in the open. The living grimoire was resting on the desk when they entered. Lani's room, however, was an absolute mess. That came as no surprise, given that they screw like rabbits in heat every single day.

"Oh, Lani! You're back already? Hehe. Can't get your hands off my bindings, can you?" Chappy pushed himself up with two tentacles to find her with two more guests.

"Not right now, Chappy. Amethyst and Edina need your help. They lost a ring. Do you think you can find it for them?" Lani asked.

"It's a Ring of Destined Matrimony. I figured since you were able to locate the Ankh of Resurrection during the war, you could find the ring," Kanae said.

"That's a mighty powerful knick-knack you went and lost. Sure, I can help! I'm going to need some mana, because these pages don't turn themselves. Which one of you will it be?" He sprouted several tentacles at the ready.

"Ah, fuck it. I lost the ring, so I'll take responsibility." Edina stripped naked and offered herself up.

Chappy shot his tentacles at Edina, and Lani got caught in the crossfire— on purpose. The appendages captured them in mere moments, playing with their nipples and rubbing their clits. Meanwhile, he flipped open for Kanae to peruse him.

Magic burned away like smoke from an incense stick with every turn of the page. Kanae thought of Arenade. She thought of the Ring of Destined Matrimony with as clear of a thought as possible, so that the living grimoire would locate its whereabouts.

By now, Lani and Edina had their legs pulled away with a tentacle plugged deep into their holes. The squirreling twitched and shuddered from every thrust. Then there was Lani, who was fully embracing being made a slut out of by her living grimoire once again. If it wasn't for the wedding, Kanae would have gladly joined them.

Finally, Kanae landed on a page with information on the Ring of Destined Matrimony. It detailed the usual stuff she already knew. The following page revealed a map of Aidenhall, and a mark where the ring was located—

"At the training grounds below the palace?" Kanae scratched her head in confusion.

"Nngh… The fuck… is it doing there?" Edina squeaked between breaths.

"Not sure, but we know where it is now. Thanks, Chappy! You can let go of Edina now. Lani is all yours though," she said.

"Aw, man. Here I was, hoping to fuck you in your wedding dress. Oh, well. You go and have fun! I'll keep Lani until the ceremony!" Chappy released Edina and joined his free tentacles with the others already molesting Lani.

"Mmm! Mmmpphh!" Lani did her best to wave them goodbye and wish Kanae congratulations.

Destination in mind, they flew out of Aidenhall and straight to the training grounds. There shouldn't be any classes in session, so whoever was out there must be someone suspicious. Kanae could only hope it was just a random passerby from Aidenhall, who had come across the ring and pocketed it.

Down below, Revah and Pan were sparring together. They weren't alone. Alicia was with them. She instructed Kanae's daughters on swinging techniques, and the two followed along to the best of their ability.

"Revah? Pan? What are you two doing with Alicia?" Kanae asked, landing with Edina.

"Oh, my god. Mom, you look so pretty!" Pan broke off from the training to run up to them.

"Don't worry, Knight-Commander. I'm only training them because they asked. Revah also has something she wanted to bring up to you." Alicia gestured the girl forward.

"Right. Here, Mom." Revah pulled out the Ring of Destined Matrimony, and an immense relief washed over Kanae and Edina.

"You had it this whole time? I got my ass railed to find it!" Edina gasped.

"Well… Pan told me how you were bragging to her about becoming the ring-bearer, and that you were going to get drinks to celebrate. My 'Auntie Edina's going to get into trouble' senses started tingling. So, I followed you while staying invisible. I noticed you dropped the ring box on your way out of Ignite. I picked it up and wanted to give it back to you, but you were already gone. I planned to give it back later, but since you're here…" She handed the ring and box back.

Edina grabbed them both, and a weight vanished from her shoulders.

"You just saved the wedding, Revah. Thanks." Kanae smiled.

"It's nothing…" Revah blushed and tugged on her hood.

"Revah came in clutch, but sheesh. I didn't know Auntie Edina was that irresponsible!" Pan erupted into laughter.

"I'm sorry, alright? I've been given enough crap today! I don't need you adding to it, you little shit!" Edina jabbed a finger in Pan's face.

Even though this could have been a disaster, everyone was in good spirits again. Maybe it was the buzz Kanae was getting from the Ignite whiskey, but she was glad things turned out well. Hopefully, nothing else went wrong today—

"Sister, Kanae! Bad news!" Hilde landed next to them, out of breath and panting.

"Oh, no… What is it now?" Kanae asked.

"Roshasha just picked a fight with Claudia and Petyr again. It doesn't look like they are going to settle this with words alone either," Hilde warned.

"What are those idiots doing?" Alicia pinched the bridge of her nose.

Maybe things could get worse…

8pz03t6.png

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

I am Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon]

The Caretaker of Otherworldly Tenants [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Magical Girl Kari: Apocalypse System [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

The Hero Became a Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] [Amazon]

Micchi Versus the New world [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Ellori, the Ero Witch of Parthun [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

The Housewife's Netorare App [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

Social Links: [Patreon] | [Twitter] | [Discord]

Dakimakura available for purchase here: Kanae Toyomi – Cuddly Octopus

8c29bc950b6a9270ed0f30cac20a2e59.png09cba2a1d785c6ca69385137bf56b3cb.png

Commission without title text. Art by Magnifire

1.png?token-time=1715558400&token-hash=nZaou-M8ydzpBA0orliFCCzTqUG1z1mTiJQcgeyuqWk%3D

4