Chapter 42 (Part 2) – Departing From Orturic, End of Volume 1
6.8k 4 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

8pz03t6.png

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

I am Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon]

The Caretaker of Otherworldly Tenants [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Magical Girl Kari: Apocalypse System [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon]

The Hero Became a Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon]

Micchi Versus the New world [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Ellori, the Ero Witch of Parthun [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

The Housewife's Netorare App [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

Social Links: [Patreon] | [Twitter] | [Discord]

Kanae stumbled out of the store with a limp. His hips were beyond sore and pussy was leaking with cum, but felt renewed. A quick glance inside, both of his friends were passed out on the floor, thick members now flaccid, and left with a good memory. He made sure to say goodbye to Lina and Rog next door, Rosaline at her atelier, and everyone at the adventurer's hall.

"Bye, Kanae!"

"I'll buy a sex toy of you from your store later to remember you by!"

We'll catch up to you someday!"

Everyone's farewells were, suffice to say, incredibly varied. Many still regarded him as the Streaking Dragonslayer. Others called him a hero for saving Orturic for giving the demons the boot. It was a stark contrast compared to when he first arrived in the city as a nobody. Now, almost everyone knew his name. Too bad he would have to leave the fame behind for a new city.

The others were waiting at the north entrance of Orturic. Thedia was standing in front of a maroon carriage the size of a modest bedroom. Minotaur horns, the emblem of the Rown Company, were etched onto the side of the carriage, and wooden statues of bulls faced each cardinal direction on the roof. Four large, black beasts that looked like horses with the snout and tusks of a boar, pulled the carriage with great ease. Upon seeing Kanae approach, two of the monsters started acting up and startled him when they began licking his face.

"H-Hey! Stop!" Kanae cried, spitting a mouthful of their saliva and trying to push their massive heads away. One of them nudged a little too hard and knocked him to the ground, and he saw the beasts' massive, veiny cocks emerging from their sheaths. His entire body throbbed with desire even after already having sex with his friends just earlier.

Thedia rushed over to help him up.

"Sorry about them," the coachman said from his driver's seat. "Don't usually act up like that. My name's Jarvy. I'll be your driver to Lograin."

"It's… no problem." Kanae gulped.

Edina poked her head out the window, holding an embroidered cushion. "Kanae, Kanae! Look at this pillow! Something like this has got to sell for a lot!"

"That's property of the Rown Company, you brat. Don't think you're taking a damn thing!" Jarvy shouted.

Thedia unburdened Kanae of the bags in his hands and placed them in a compartment below the carriage. She then opened the back door for him to join his party within, who had already made themselves comfortable in the cushioned seats that were long enough to lie down on.

"Lady Renya shouldn't mind a delay. Rest assured, I shall assist you in searching for your friends," Thedia said.

"Thanks. I hope we can find them soon…" Kanae sighed, shutting the door and feeling the carriage lurch forward as they began to set off.

With Orturic quickly shrinking in the distance, Kanae couldn't help but feel his departure to be bittersweet. The modest city of beginnings kicked off his life in this new world. He made a name for himself. Now he was leaving it. However, he wasn't going alone. He had made friends, found old friends, and… consequently, made enemies. Unlike in his previous boring and uneventful life, he was going to have to fight to keep it.

"There it is! Just as beautiful as I remembered. I gotta hand it to those Rown folks for keeping it fixed and pretty," Arenade exclaimed an hour into their journey, sticking her head out the window.

Kanae joined her and was awestruck by the architectural wonder. They were quickly closing in on a massive elevated road structure built of white stone dusted gray from use, vines and vegetation growing along the walls, and traces of paint worn away from time. Birds perched on archways and columns raised almost twenty feet into the air, several of which had collapsed over the years and had no signs of further collapsing thanks to the Rown Company's repairs.

The road was wide enough to accommodate four large wagons side by side. A family of four, traveling the opposite direction on their wagon, waved to Kanae as they passed by.

Other caravans drove onto it to begin their long trek. Even travelers on foot made use of the road, staying by the side to avoid getting in the way of many passing vehicles. Their own carriage joined in the pilgrimage, moving at a brisk on the even terrain.

When night fell, the archways began to glow and light the length of the Imperial Span.

"Wow," Kanae uttered. "Is this all magic?"

"Nope. Just genius engineering," Arenade said. "The stones absorb sun during the day and expends that energy by illuminating the road at night. It's really— Huh?"

Kanae followed her gaze further up the road where caravans had stopped moving and were blocking the way. Their carriage made an abrupt stop in front of two wagons, carrying fruit and vegetables.

"What's the hold up?" Jarvy asked.

"Span's collapsed up ahead! Workers are on it now, but they say it'll take at least a day to fix with magic!" an irate beastman said from the wagon.

"If we wait that long…" Kanae bit down on his lip.

"Can we detour off the Span and back up it farther ahead?" Edina suggested.

"The Imperial Span has off-ramps, but it's too risky. There are many dire beasts that are much higher level than the ones in Orturic," Thedia warned.

The longer they waited, the more danger Takumi and Ingrid were in. Kanae wasn't going to take that chance.

"How far is it from here to Bisk on foot?" Kanae asked Jarvy.

"Give or take half a night's walk if you're fast, but I wouldn't if I were you, missy. These beasts make monsters from Orturic look like cubs. You're looking at maybe levels 40 to 60s at least," Jarvy said.

That was a risk Kanae was willing to take.

"I'll meet up with you guys at Bisk." Kanae hopped out of the carriage and was surprised that Edina had leapt off, too.

"I'm going with you," Edina said, summoning a small skeleton army to escort them.

Arenade hesitated to go. Although Kanae thought he had made strides in getting through to her, he didn't blame her for wanting to stay where it's safe. Leaving Arenade, Thedia, and the carriage behind, the two of them descended the ramp meant for vehicles coming on or off the Span. A forest much thicker and darker than Orturic awaited them.

"You know, just being the two of us is like back when we first met," Edina joked.

"Except we're much stronger now," Kanae added with a smile.

"I can't say it enough, but I really am glad to have met you. That's why, I'm going to do everything I can to help. My necromantic powers are yours to command!" She threw a fist into the air and her skeletal horde did the same.

Feeling a lot more confident, they ventured along the wall of the span. The next ramp should be several kilometers down. As soon as they reach the road again, it was smooth sail—

Deep growling from beyond the thicket turned the blood in their veins to ice. Kanae and Edina turned in the direction of the sounds to find half a dozen glowing, red eyes staring back at them.

"Eep… I don't think we're that much stronger yet," Edina squeaked.

"Wait. M-Maybe… whatever it is, I can have sex with it and level up," Kanae said, brimming with excitement.

"Is now really the time to think about sex, you horny demon?!" She looked down in time to see both of their legs snatched by tentacles. "Oh, great. I'm getting deja vu all over a— gaaaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnn!"

Kanae and Edina were dragged into the forest, bumping against rocks and trees along the way. They finally stopped and were reeled up like hooked fish into the branches, then dropped into a vat of liquid that smelled like honey and as viscous as runny sauce.

"Ugh… What is this…?" Edina groaned, climbing to her feet and helping Kanae to his feet.

It appeared to be a gigantic, hollow flower bulb they were dropped into. The liquid only went up to their ankles. Attacking the petals with the dragonscale whip didn't so much as scratch the surface.

"I don't know, but my head is starting to feel woozy." Kanae shuddered as the sticky liquid on his body began to make him feel really hot. He licked the substance on his fingers and rather liked the taste. It had an addictive flavor that tasted of… alcohol.

"Kanae… Hic!" Edina was red in the face and breathing heavily. "I think… I think I'm drunk…"

8pz03t6.png

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

I am Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon]

The Caretaker of Otherworldly Tenants [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Magical Girl Kari: Apocalypse System [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon]

The Hero Became a Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon]

Micchi Versus the New world [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Ellori, the Ero Witch of Parthun [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

The Housewife's Netorare App [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

Social Links: [Patreon] | [Twitter] | [Discord]

74