Arc V Chapter 6
7.2k 31 202
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

V


━━━━━━┓༻❁༺┏━━━━━━


Arc V Chapter 6


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


Danzo's trusted walking cane hit the floor. His cane accompanied the frail but certainly not innocent old man for a long time already. He had served Konoha for his entire life. He gave everything to support the village from the shadows. His actions only served to protect Konoha, and nothing else.

 

His figure left the red Hokage tower on his way home. The sun set and day turned night. The council meeting today had lasted longer than expected. The meeting only confirmed his suspicions and fears. The girl named Asami was dangerous.

 

Both, the Hokage and the council, were blind.  They didn't recognise the danger. They didn't know. But he did. His agents did. There was no doubt, cursed Uchiha blood was coursing through her veins from her father's side. Her heritage didn’t lie, Asami was just like the rest of her damned clan. Selfish, ambitious, dangerous, insane. A true Uchiha. Her ancestor would be proud of her.

 

The girl somehow escaped the clan massacre four years ago and eluded everyone ever since. Her existence remained shrouded in secrecy all these years, and now she was in possession of the wretched sharingan and its powers. At least, he suspected so. Fu and Torune were unable to confirm whether she possessed it, or not. Not that it mattered. Better safe than sorry. Judging by her sheer talent, her skill, her capabilities, it was almost certain that she had it. The fact alone that she was possibly hiding both, her heritage and her sharingan, from everyone only proved further that the girl could not be trusted.

 

“...” Danzo gritted his teeth, blinded by rampant paranoia and convinced of the rightfulness of his actions. He would rather die than seeing an Uchiha rise under his watch.

 

The second Hokage was right, every last Uchiha posed a threat to the village. Their entire clan couldn't be trusted. As long as their cursed blood still walked the face of the earth, Konoha wasn’t safe from their tyranny. He had to act, and he had to act now. The girl had to die, no matter the cost. But how?

 

Killing the little demon was easier said than done. He knew her capabilities, and her recent renown didn't make things easier. He couldn't just let her disappear without a reason. Hiruzen and his friends would ask uncomfortable questions.

 

Asami suffered neither from Shisui’s nor from Itachi’s naivety, which allowed him to manipulate them. Her only weakness was her pride, her arrogance. The girl was sure of herself, too sure.

 

Danzo navigated through Konoha's dark streets. He stared at the sky, but the stars remained silent. They didn't deem him worthy of an answer. Eliminating her promised to be a troublesome affair. He had to get crafty this time.


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


202