Arc VI Chapter 2
6.5k 24 189
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

VI


━━━━━━┓༻❁༺┏━━━━━━


Arc VI Chapter 2


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


Fumihiko despaired. He was surrounded by nothing but incompetent fools. Slowly, but surely, he started sounding like Asami. She was right, Konoha’s military was an undisciplined mob of donkeys led by stupid donkeys and commanded by even stupider donkeys.

 

Asami didn't exaggerate. Konoha's armed forces were indeed in a deplorable state. No wonder that she dumped him and allowed him to deal with this entire mess. This was the second time Asami outmanoeuvred him, the second time the cute little demon tricked him. The girl was much more evil than her height suggested.

 

Located in his improvised command post, Fumihiko dealt with Konoha's chaotic command structure. His anger targeted Kazuma. The Hyuga commanded the 2nd Battalion, and he deserved a kick in his arse. Sadly, his glare didn't prove as effective as he hoped for. He didn't possess Asami's quality glare.

 

Fumihiko drummed his fingers. “Kazuma, I am usually quite a patient person, but even my patience knows limits. I ask you, once again, what you mean by they are gone?”

 

The arrogant bastard smirked. “Isn’t that obvious? They are gone.”

 

Fumihiko narrowed his eyes. “Kazuma, I know the definition of they are gone, but explain me, how can five full companies go missing? I doubt they magically disappear. So where are they, Kazuma? I am waiting for an answer.”

 

Kazuma evaded. He shrugged his shoulders. “No idea.”

 

Fumihiko fumed. “No idea? NO IDEA?! Leave this place, search for them immediately! Bring me my fucking five companies!”

 

Kazuma looked surprised. “Now?”

 

“Yes, NOW, you fucking asshole! Get your stupid ass moving! Bring me my companies!”

 

Kazuma left the tent, and Fumihiko massaged his temples. The Hyuga cost him many nerves. He hated this job. He really did. “Naritomo, are there any issues with your battalion? Missing companies?”

 

Naritomo scratched his head. “Nothing serious, just a few absent genin, chunin, and jonin. They ignored the mobilisation order and didn't appear. That's why we are a bit understrength at the moment.”

 

Understrength? Understrength?! UNDERSTRENGTH?!

 

Fumihiko dreaded the answer. “How many are missing? About how many are we talking?”

 

“Not sure, but I estimate around 30%. The majority are simple genin, but the percentage of missing chunin and jonin is considerable. My battalion lacks experienced team and squad leaders”, Naritomo sounded worried.

 

“And where are they? Where are these fuckers, Naritomo?” Fumihiko deployed a saccharine smile, just like a certain girl. Asami had a bad influence on him. He adopted more and more of her habits.

 

“Can't tell, but from what I know, many decided to go watching the chunin exams.”

 

Fumihiko's eyebrow twitched. “Can you please repeat, where are they?”

 

“Watching the Chunin exams.”

 

“The Chunin exams?”

 

Naritomo nodded. “Yes, the Chunin exams.”

 

Fumihiko clenched his fists. He didn't believe his ears. “And why are they there? Have they got premium cards, or what?”

 

“I hope they have a good reason, otherwise ...”

 

“Apparently, the chunin exams offer this year some really good fights. They didn’t want to miss them. Neji, the genius of the Hyuga clan, fights the jinchuuriki of the Kyubi. The last Uchiha fights thes son of the Kazekage. I heard that a rather interesting girl is also participating.”

 

Fumihiko exploded. Enough was enough. It was time to remind some of Konoha’s loyal ninja of their duty, even if he had to drag every single one of them out of the arena by force. They were going to serve. “Namika, is the 3rd Battalion already mobilised?”

 

“We are waiting for our promised ANBU company, but otherwise we are ready to go.”

 

Fumihiko grinned. “Excellent.” He completely forgot, Danzo's ANBU hadn’t arrived yet, but that was an issue for later.

 

“Namika, you will stay here, while Naritomo and me are going to pay a little visit to the chunin exams. We are going to collect a few stragglers ...”

 

“Captain!” A chunin entered the tent.

 

Fumihiko turned. “What's the matter?”

 

“The ANBU sent a messenger, Captain. He says he has something to discuss with you, something important, direct orders from the Hokage.”

 

“Then let him in.”

 

“That's not possible. The orders are highly confidential. You should meet him in private.”


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


Fumihiko wandered into the forest, deeper and deeper. His new ANBU friends accompanied. They followed his steps. But enough was enough.

 

His voice addressed their leader, an orange haired boy. A white mask concealed his face. “Tell me about these special orders?”

 

“...” The ANBU responded with their typical icy stare, but Fumihiko remained unfazed. Asami's glares steeled him. They proved way scarier.

 

The ANBU offered him a scroll. “Captain Fumihiko, you have orders to assist us in arresting Asami if any support should be required. We doubt, though, that will be necessary. As long as Asami has nothing to hide, she has nothing to fear from us. If she doesn’t resist her detention and surrenders peacefully, we won't be forced to take more drastic measures.”

 

...

...

...

 

“...” Fumihiko blinked, unable to comprehend. Was this just a dream, his imagination, or reality?

 

He didn’t dream. The ANBU spoke the truth. The scroll ordered him to put Asami under custody. The document even bore the official seal of the Hokage. A golden seal was attached to the scroll. The seal was heavy. The seal was genuine.

 

“...” Fumihiko looked up. Something was wrong here, very wrong. Nothing made sense.

 

The ANBU smirked. He enjoyed his position of power. “Five companies have already been transferred to us and will be henceforth put under our direct command.”

 

Fumihiko narrowed his eyes. “So that is where my men have gone to. You stole them! Without my permission, I might add!” This was the reason everyone hated the ANBU. They were assholes! They appeared out of nowhere and took whatever they wanted:

 

The ANBU chuckled. “Stolen? Aren’t you a bit exaggerating? They were merely transferred to us. I assure you, the change is only temporary. You will receive them back again after we will have completed our mission.”

 

Fumihiko scanned the scroll. He analysed every little detail, and something caught his attention. Nowhere was written the reason why Asami should be arrested. The scroll accused her of alleged high treason, but the document provided no reasons, no evidence, no proof. The entire affair smelled fishy. He distrusted his ANBU friends more and more. They weren't telling the whole truth. “On the contrary, I am not exaggerating at all. I don’t care if it's only temporary or whatever, you will return the five companies! Immediately! And why do we need to arrest her? What did Asami even do to be labelled as a traitor?”

 

Fu chose silence. He didn’t expect this degree of resistance. “That's none of your business, Fumihiko. Such information strictly confidential and only provided on a need to know basis. Don't question the authority of the Hokage.”

 

Fumihiko’s resolve remained firm. He wouldn’t betray Asami. “You know what, you and your ANBU friends can go fuck yourselves! I won’t follow any of your stupid orders!” He threw the scroll away and left. His time was too precious to be wasted with these idiots. 

 

Fu grinned. “That's unfortunate, Fumihiko, very unfortunate. We hoped that you would be cooperative like Kazuma, but it seems we have underestimated your loyalty.”

 

Fumihiko turned. “What are you talking about ...”

 

Fu struck. He rammed his blade through Fumihiko's unprotected stomach. Fumihiko stood no chance. Unable to evade, unable to defend, the sword impaled him. The ANBU leaned closer and whispered into his ears, “Your services are no longer required, Fumihiko. Rest well.”


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


“Stop.

 

Disrespecting.

 

Me!!!” Naruto's shadow clones shouted in unison and pressed the assault.

 

Asami watched and observed. Naruto sent his clones right into their demise. He remained the idiot she knew. Naruto didn't inherit the tactical prowess of his brilliant father, but even he should realise that engaging a Hyuga in close combat bordered on insanity. It was suicidal. The best strategy was to keep your distance and engage them from afar, but what did she know? She was just a girl.

 

Neji slaughtered Naruto, and Asami enjoyed the sight. Schadenfreude was the greatest joy. Especially, if it came from your heart. She never liked Naruto. She disliked him back at the academy. She disliked him now. Her heart held a deep seated grudge against Naruto.


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


189