Arc VI Chapter 3
6.3k 16 186
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

VI


━━━━━━┓༻❁༺┏━━━━━━


Arc VI Chapter 3


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


“Becoming Hokage? That's impossible with your talent. Your talent is decided when you are born. Your fate is decided when you are born.” Neji smirked, sure of his imminent victory.

 

Asami rooted for him from the stands. Get him! Finish him off! Defeat Him! She wanted to see blood.

 

“Who do you think you are to decide that?” Naruto frowned. He hadn’t changed since the academy days. His hair, his clothes, his character remained the same.

 

Neji smirked. “You say anyone can become Hokage through hard work alone, but that is a lie. The hard truth is, only the best are destined to become Hokage. You don't become Hokage by training, you are born into it. You are chosen by destiny.”

 

Asami rolled her eyes. Less talking, more fighting. What was Neji waiting for? Naruto was right there, right in front of him, and Neji just one strike away from victory. The match should be over, but Neji proved just as useless as the rest, unable to finish what he began. He spent too much time on talking.

 

“So what?!! I am never going to give up! That's my nindo!” Naruto mobilised his charka and summoned his personal army of clones. Their numbers were impressive considering his meagre talent. The shadow clone jutsu was an advanced technique, and was supposed to require excellent chakra control. Naruto lacked such.

 

The match continued, but the fight bored her. Neji’s victory was inevitable. Thus, Asami lost interest, inspecting her finger nails instead. Which colour would suit them? Burgundy, bordeaux, vermilion? A difficult choice. Fortunately, it would be soon her turn.

 

Asami glanced at her opponent, an Oto-nin. His name was Dosu, and he didn't even realise that he was as good as dead. Shikamaru would follow afterwards. He would be granted the opportunity to dance with her.

 

Asami ignored the ongoing match until a certain chakra caught her attention. A primordial aura spread across the arena. Blazing red chakra flared up and devoured Naruto. The scene surprised her. She recognised this aura. She recognised this chakra. Apparently, Konoha’s jinchuuriki wasn’t completely useless. Contrary to her expectations, Naruto possessed some degree of prowess. He was able to wield the chakra of the Kyubi.

 

For the first time, Naruto, the all time loser, the boy who struggled to perform a single jutsu, the boy who somehow passed the graduation exam, impressed her and Asami grew slightly envious of his powers. He possessed what she didn't. Boiling red Chakra formed a protective cloak around Naruto, and the tides of battle turned.

 

Hatred, rage, anger corrupted the very air, hatred that surpassed human comprehension. The desperation, the disappointment, the sadness, the loneliness were palpable. This was the Kyubi. These raw emotions ... This power ... They were amazing. 

 

Naruto attacked with new vigour and unprecedented speed. Neji wouldn't last long. His minutes were numbered.


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


Drunken by victory, Naruto danced. He jumped around like a complete fool and celebrated his victory amidst the thunderous applause of the masses. He left the field and even Asami applauded to commemorate his triumph. Naruto emerged victorious and beat Neji, even when it was a close run thing. 

 

Naruto cheated and resorted to Kyubi chakra. Without his hidden ace, he wouldn't have won, but victory was victory. He didn’t land a single hit during the entire match aside except for one, but one sufficed. A single punch knocked out Neji and granted him victory. A single blow proved sufficient to bring down the genius of the Hyuga clan. What a weakling. Neji lacked staying power. Had he possessed even a modicum of Lee’s perseverance, he would have endured.

 

“...” Asami sighed. Neji, such a disappointment.

 

Shikamaru clapped Naruto on his shoulder. “Not bad, Naruto. I thought you were the same lazy type like me, but I was wrong.”

 

Naruto grinned. He enjoyed the attention, the recognition, the acknowledgement. His heart yearned for it all

 

Asami greeted him with a benevolent smile. “A little lucky, but congratulations on your victory. You can be proud. Your performance impressed me.”

 

Naruto scratched his head, “Thank you, but who are you?”

 

Naruto studied Asami. “Do we know each other? I don't remember you.”

 

Asami looked displeased, a vein popping on her forehead. “You might not remember me, but I remember you, Naruto.”

 

Naruto listened and nodded along. 

 

“But it hurts my feelings that you don’t recognize me. We spent five years together at the academy, and now you don't remember me. I am dismayed. You always asked me if you could copy my homework.”

 

Naruto crossed his arms. “I don’t know why, but the way you speak seems familiar.”

 

“Are you even listening?” Asami fumed. He didn’t reply.

 

Naruto mused until he exclaimed. Realisation struck like lightning.“Wait, I know you! You are the ice princess who beat up Bushy Eyebrows!!!”

 

“...” Asami blinked confused. Bushy Brows what? Who the hell was Bushy Eyebrows?

 

Asami regained her composure. “It seems names aren't your forte, Naruto-kun, are they? You still give people silly nicknames.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Never mind, forget it, Naruto. It's a matter of minor importance.” Asami sighed in resignation and grabbed her scabbard, marching off.

 

“Hey, where are you going?” Naruto

 

Asami smirked. “My match is waiting for me. Wish me luck. And, Naruto, my name is Asami. You should better remember it for the future. Because I will teach you a little lesson. I will teach you how real ninja fight. So look and learn.”

 

“...” Shikamaru frowned. Asami’s hubris, her pride, her arrogance showed once again. 

 

Asami flashed a diabolic grin at Dosu. “Come, we don’t want to make our audience wait.”


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


 

186