5. Exploring the System.
5.4k 19 135
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kaito who still had a bad feeling about his luck, carefully asked the system what is Novice Gift Pack and how it would help him. He got a feeling it should be something similar to what MMORPG in his previous life did to its new player which is giving a lot benefit to the player, but just to be safe he still asked the system.

*DING*

=====

[Novice Gift Pack is a gift provided by the chat group system to strengthen the Owner since the Owner is deemed to be too weak to survive (power evaluation below ***) to complete the first task. How to open it, Open your inventory.]

=====

"It seems really something I expected. But how do I open inventory? Maybe I specific action needs to be done?" Kaito murmured.

*DING*

=====

[System updated.]

[Feedback received. Now the Owner is able to open the submenu of the chat group system by thought like with the chat group. The available option is 'Profile' and 'Inventory'.]

=====

...!!!

Looking at what his golden finger did to support him, Kaito feels that he was just really worried for nothing. Looked at the function the system provided similar to MMORPG did, and he decide to try it immediately.

'Profile'

An interface similar to a chat group projected in his sight provided some minimal information 

*DING*

=====

[Name : Kaito]

[Power Evaluation : * * ]

[Special Ability: None]

[System Evaluation: Much stronger than a normal adult human but still weak pipsqueak in supernatural world.]

=====

Kaito looked at his own profile and as expected nothing special on it. It seems the chat group Owner isn't registered as his ability in the profile either.

However, Kaito knows he does not need to be dejected... Because he believe that the Novice Gift Pack would give him something that would help raise his power.

'Inventory'

*DING*

=====

[Inventory Size: 3 x 3 meters.]

[List: ]

- Novice Gift Pack x1

[Tips: Just use your thought to access the item from inventory.]

=====

Now, Kaito looked at the inventory detail and find nothing wrong about it. Though, Inventory Size 3 x 3 meters information made him curious. Kaito approach a flower vase beside his bed on the table, and the moment he touch it, it disappeared.

*DING*

=====

[Flower Vase x1 has entered the inventory.] 

[Tips: You can only put a non-living item inside the inventory] 

=====

Looking at the phenomenon that happens in front of him, Kaito immediately understands how it works and he can feel it somehow (?) the moment it entered the inventory. The tips also clearly indicated that the item he could put in inventory is a non-living matter... So there are still limitations he needs to remember. After noticing nothing wrong, he quickly put back the flower vase on the table.

*DING*

====

[Flower Vase x1 has been retrieved from the inventory]

=====

Nodding in satisfaction after understanding the principle, Kaito put his next focus on Novice Gift Pack.

'Open the Novice Gift Pack'

*DING*

====-=

[The Novice Gift Pack has been opened, Owner received: Random Equipment Crystal (2-5*) x1, Random Ability Crystal (1-6*) x2, Random Character Summon Crystal (2-6*), Life Potion x3, Energy Potion x3.]

[All the items listed above are contained within the inventory.]

=====

"Wow!!"

After looking at what the novice gift to him, Kaito can't help but get surprised about how many benefits it gives to him. He becomes really excited and more importantly wonders if this is the moment where he becomes a lucky emperor. 

Calmed down himself, at first he quickly retrieved all of his ability crystal because what he needs right now is an ability that could give him more power.

*DING*

=====

[Random Ability Crystal x2 has been retrieved from the inventory]

[Random Ability Crystal: A small crystal that could grant the random ability to its user from 1 star to 6 stars. To use it, just destroy the crystal within your hand.]

=====

Suddenly, 2 small white crystals the size of a small pearl appeared in Kaito's palm. As the instruction said, Kaito immediately crushed both crystals within his palm to use them, and another ringing bell along with a notification appeared within his sight.

*DING*

=====

[Congratulation! Owner has received Imagine Breaker (Power Evaluation * * * * * *(Special Type) as your new ability!]

[Congratulation! Owner has received Eight Gates (Power Evaluation * * * * *(Improvement Type) as your new ability!]

=====

"Holy shit!" Kaito exclaimed.

Kaito trembled in excitement as he read carefully the ability he just got. Both abilities are something he is really familiar with, and he is aware of how strong both of them are. 

Imagine breaker was the ability of the protagonist where Misaka Mikoto lives, which is from A Certain Magical Index series. It is the ability to negate anything supernatural that would be very helpful in a world like high school dxd where the supernatural literally dominates this world.

And there is Eight Gates, the ability based on taijutsu from the 'Naruto' series, owned by Maito Gay. It is the ability to strengthen the user's body really helpful for martial artists like him, and in a later stage, Eight Gates is going to be absolutely nuts.

Right now, Kaito really believes that he becomes a lucky emperor and his life situation would be only improved from now on. With the abilities he just obtained, it would be easy as cake to complete the task the next day. 

Kaito once again calmed down after the excitement and quickly check the detail of his new ability.

*DING*

=====

[Imagine Breaker (* * * * * *): An ability contained in the right arm to negate anything supernatural such as magic, esper power, and even gods miracle.]

[Estimated Activation Time: 71:56:20]

[Eight Gates (* * * * *): An ability to based on 8 limited on human body surpass their own physical limits at the cost of various levels of damage to their bodies.]

[Estimated Activation Time: 47:56:20]

====

While the description of the ability was powerful as he expected, Kaito quickly notice there was an estimated activation time below them, which made him get a bad feeling. Kaito take a deep breath and asked what is it about.

*DING* 

[Estimation Activation Time is the time when the ability is available to use by the Owner as it needs time to adapt with the Owner's soul.]

...

"Eh...?" Kaito unconsciously muttered in disbelief.

Kaito widened his eye and read the description over and over again, and his eyes were not wrong. From what he understands from the explanation, it means he can't use the ability he just got until the countdown of the timer is over.

And yet, the task overdue is tomorrow.

"Ha... ha... I can't believe it. My bad luck finally catching up with me." 

Kaito finally gets the abilities that could help him get stronger, and yet he can't use them tomorrow for training with Riser peerage. Because of this, Kaito really wants to curse his golden finger, but getting used by his own bad luck... Kaito quickly accepted his situation and begin to look for another solution to his current problem. Looking at his inventory list, there is still character summon and equipment summon that might be able to help... And according to the system, Kaito doesn't need to wait to directly using them.

After thinking for a while, He quickly dismissed the option of using a character summons. After all, it doesn't make sense to gain the respect of others by relying on someone else power.

On other hand, the equipment summons might be able to help him directly and still can be counted as his own power.

Kaito just hopes that he got a good weapon from it.

*DING*

=====

[Random Equipment Crystal has been retrieved from the inventory]

[Random Ability Crystal: A small crystal that could grant random equipment to its user from 2 stars to 5 stars. To use it, just destroy the crystal within your hand.]

=====

Like the same happened with the ability crystal, a small crystal of the same size also suddenly appeared in Kaito's palm the moment the notification showed up. Without waiting, he crushed the crystal directly and pray to god-- no satan so he could get something that could help him tomorrow.

*DING*

=====

[Congratulation! The Owner has received Mystletainn (Power Evaluation * * * * (Improvement Type) as your new equipment!]

The corresponding item has been entered into your inventory

=====

'Mystletainn? what kind of equipment is it?'

Kaito feels familiar with the name of this equipment, but he just can't remember it clearly. Once again, the bad luck feeling appeared again and it made Kaito scared... But he doesn't have a choice but to move forward.

*DING*

=====

[Mysltetainn (* * * *) has been retrieved from the inventory]

=====

...

"...Are you kidding me?" Kaito said as keep blinking several times wondering if the thing in front of him is a hallucination.

oo

"..."

The equipment that appeared in front of Kaito is a pink chainsaw, a cursed weapon from certain anime that change its wearer to a magical girl the moment you use it.

"Ha.. ha.. ha... Maybe I really should pray to god, not to Satan." Kaito helplessly said, ignoring the pain in his head after muttered word 'God'.

I will just update this when I am in mood, or when I got writer block on my main series.

 

...

 

135