Chapter 30 : The cries of Princess Munith
4.2k 17 139
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You really have magic?"

"Yeah! Cool right?!"

Why does he have magic and I don't?! Isn't magic super rare in this world? How lucky is this guy?!

Hah... I guess I should feel happy for him, he's my friend after all.

"Congrats Ricent!"

"Thanks! I still can't believe I have magic!"

Ricent thanked me with a wide smile, still enthusiastic as ever.

"Both of you should stop standing at the entrance. Customers want to come in."

"Okay mom! Come on Feyt, to my room!"

Ricent grabbed my hand and led me upstairs.

 

"So... Wanna play 'Bad Card'?"

"Actually, I want to see your magic."

Despite having lived in this world for quite some time now. I have never seen magic in person, the only experience I had was that con-man pretending to be a mage and that salesman/butler teleporting away. Maybe this is a good chance to get first hand experience.

"Hmm... I still haven't got the hang of it though, let's try!"

Ricent held out his palm and closed his eyes.

"[Water Ball]!!"

As soon as he said that, a giant ball of water emerges from the palm of his hand. The water ball floats above his palm, the size of it almost reaches the ceiling.

"Wow..."

It really is cool! I never seen actual magic before, so my mouth was wide agape at the sight of it.

"It's cool right?!"

"Yeah! It's cool!"

"Now, um..."

Ricent looked concernedly at the giant water ball.

"...How do I put this away? It's about to explode..."

The water ball vibrated violently, as if it's about to explode at any moment.

"...You mean... You don't know how to make it disappear?"

"I-I don't know! I've only learned it recently!"

Oh no, if the water ball explodes here, it will cause a disaster!

"T-Throw it out the window or something!"

"The window is too small!"

"Bring it outside then!"

"I can't go out of this room! The door is too small!"

"Then why did you make the ball so big?!"

"I want to look cool!!"

"Then don't try to look cool!!"

The water ball started to vibrate even more violently.

"It's about to explode!!!"

"AAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
"AAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

*Splash*

 


 

"I know you can use magic, but don't use it indoors next time!"

"SORRY!!"

"I'm sorry too! I was the one who asked him to do it!"

Me and Ricent are apologizing to his mom on our knees. Our hair and clothes are soaked wet, and worse, the room is all messed up. The water ball splashed everywhere, it was a massacre...

Ricent's mom is scolding us, understandably. She's not the only one who came here though, the guards came inside the pub when they detected magic usage. One of them handed both me and Ricent a towel.

"Sir Feyt, I suggest that you dry yourself up, and here's one for you too."

"...Thanks..."

"Thank you."

I grabbed the towel and wiped my face and hair. Ricent did the same.

"Hah... What am I going to do about this room..."

Ricent's mom sighed heavily as she stared at us in disappointment and frustration.

"Sorry mom..."

"I'm sorry miss..."

One of the guards spoke up as he surveyed the room.

"But, this is amazing to be honest..."

"What do you mean amazing? He destroyed the room!"

"Judging from the damage on this room, the [Water Ball] magic he used here is a high tier one. If that is true, he can enter the elite rank in the Royal Guards, no questions asked."

"Huh? I-Is that so?"

"Yes! Your son will be popular in the Royal Guards! He'll probably be promoted to the master rank in under 10 years!"

"O-Oh, really?~ I guess this is fine then~"

Ricent's mom softened up almost immediately the moment her son is praised.

...

"Sir Feyt, as the situation here isn't serious, we shall continue to wait outside to not disturb your privacy!"

"T-Thanks"

"Excuse us!"

The guards left the room, I can hear them heading downstairs.

"Well Ricent and Feyt, I will forgive you two this time. But don't do it indoors next time, okay?!"

"Yes mom..."

"Yes miss..."

At least we won't get punished, I have to thank the guards later.

 


 

In a large room inside the castle located in the Setus kingdom. A meeting is being held.

The members of this meeting includes the King, Princess Munith and her companion Rene. Noble families are also called upon to this meeting, Kyrat is there to represent the Sareid family. One of the nobles asked a question to the king.

"Your Majesty, what is with this emergency meeting?"

"We just received dire news from Ortensia, and I would like for all of you to hear it."

"What is it Your Majesty"

"...The kingdom of Denta has declared war against the kingdom of Ortensia."

"What?!"

The entire room was filled with shock.

"Why are they attacking?!"

"That doesn't make sense! Denta's main source of income is exports, and one of their main importers is Ortensia!"

"...As of now, even Princess Munith doesn't know their purpose in this declaration of war."

The nobles are confused, they are racking their brains to come up with a reason for Denta's declaration of war.

Princess Munith spoke up.

"It is unfortunate that my kingdom is attacked by one of it's suppliers..."

Princess Munith's face was filled with apparent sadness.

"Our citizens won't be able to import food as much as they are used to. And we won't have enough budget since we'll be focusing on weapons... I don't know what will happen to my kingdom..."

Princess Munith's eyes are glassy, there are tears at the side of her eyes. The nobles looked at each other, Kyrat included.

"Your Majesty! I propose that we export our produce at a lower price to Ortensia!"

"Yes! My family's wheat supply is enough to last Ortensia through the war!"

"I can also open up branches of my restaurant there! I'll even reduce the price for the citizens!"

The nobles proposed their support one after another, offering them at a lower price than usual. Their intention is not that of wanting to help the people of Ortensia, they just want to build a relationship with the Princess to further their standing politically.

Once the offers have all ended.

"...Thank you all~"

Princess Munith wiped her tears away with a smile.

"I have one more proposal!"

A blonde man with a slicked back hairstyle stood up from his seat, his name is Tinore Muleid.

"What is it Sir Muleid?"

"Ah, you remember my name Princess? That is an honor!"

"N-No worries! W-What is your proposal?"

"I propose that we draft our soldiers and villagers into the war!!"

"...Huh?"

The entire room went silent. Kyrat and Rene glared at Tinore, even the Princess stared at him wide eyed. She then snapped out of it and responded in a panic.

"No no no! I cannot bring your citizens to our wa-"

"I insist Princess! Will this be allowed my king?"

"That is allowed, Ortensia is a great friend of ours. We don't want to lose them."

"Thank you my king! I shall draft the soldiers in my region to help Ortensia!"

Tinore stood proudly as he declared that. The other nobles then noticed what he was trying to do. He's trying to get the favor of the Princess even more than they already did. They didn't want to miss out on this, so they decided to follow his steps.

"I-I will also provide support!"

"M-Me too! We have soldiers ready to deploy!"

"Y-You all..."

The Princess started to tear up again. She covered her face with both of her hands, as if to block her crying face.

Kyrat shook his head in disappointment. With this much support, there's no stopping them.

"They only care about getting favors..."

"What did you say Kyrat?"

"It's nothing Tinore."

Tinore heard Kyrat's words. Tinore wouldn't let this chance to humiliate him go, so he took it.

"Hah! You didn't even provide any support for the Princess, and here you are acting tough!"

"I thought you are supporting the people of Ortensia, not the Princess."

"Helping the Princess is the same as helping the people right?!"

Tinore raised his chin and looked at Kyrat smugly.

"Hah... How ignorant can you be... Very well."

Kyrat stood up from his seat and faced the king.

"I volunteer myself to lead the group that will advance towards Ortensia, will this be allowed Your Majesty?"

"If you command them, I have nothing to fear, you are allowed."

"Thank you Your Majesty."

As Kyrat bowed towards the king, the other nobles looked at him with wide eyes. Did he just volunteer himself? He could die! They thought. Kyrat looked at the other nobles, answering their thoughts.

"I'm not doing this to gain favor from the Princess, I am merely repaying my debts towards her."

The Princess looked at Kyrat with a face filled with surprise and worry.

"P-Please don't do this! I do not expect anything to-"

"-Gain by helping others right? Do not worry, as I'm simply doing this for myself. I don't want to leave a debt unpaid, it bothers my sleep."

Princess Munith can only sit there as the nobles offer their support one after the other.

 


 

"THOSE IDIOTS!!!!!!!"

In the Princess's room. Munith held her head in stress as she scream her frustrations away. The purpose she attended that meeting was to gain import support for Ortensia, but something unexpected happened. Now Setus will send soldiers and villagers to help with the war.

The first cry she had when talking about imports and exports was an act. She did that to garner sympathy from the nobles. But her second cry was genuine, it was a cry of frustration. She held the urge to scream "IDIOTS" right then and there. But she held it in, resulting in tears.

"Wouldn't their support help? At least someone sensible will lead them."

"It's not that!! If they help us, it will just destroy my plan!!"

"Why is that?"

"Denta will only expect Ortensian army there, if they saw that Setus is helping them, they will retreat and re-evaluate their plan! Destroying mine in the process!!"

"That is concerning, what should we do then?"

"...I just hope that the battle ends quick."

"That does seem to be the only way out, to finish it before they can retreat."

"That king too! Why did he approve that idiot's plan?! Is he looking down on Ortensian soldiers or something?!"

"Calm down, panicking won't help things."

"Haaaaaah~ Kyrat is there too! Chin'ra will be angry at me!!"

"Tinore also mentioned something about drafting villagers. Will Feyt, or rather Thun'ra, be affected? Our spies said that he's visiting his home village right now."

"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!! NOT HIM TOO!!"

Munith shot her head up while still holding her head in stress. Munith screams away her pain as her plan is crumbling apart. The room has been soundproofed of course, so only Rene can hear Munith's screams.

Munith soon calms down, her soft voice returns.

"...I guess we have to go there..."

"Go there? You mean the battlefield? Will we even be allowed?"

"Let's just say that we want to see the valiant battle of the Setus soldiers for the safety of Ortensia, they will accept my proposal if I word it like that."

"That's true I guess. What is your goal there?"

"...To kill Denta's king."

Munith summons her lance as she twirls it around in the air in a playful manner.

"...You really want to end it quick huh?"

 

139