Chapter 8 – Did I Kill the Maid?
10.1k 12 193
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- Meteorite.

The instant I released the magic, the sun disappeared, everything was dark.

'Did it work?' I was extremely doubtful in my mind.

But this doubt lasted a short while, when I looked up I saw a giant meteor falling towards the maid. It wasn't really as big as the ones I saw in the game, but it was extremely big.

There wasn't even time for the maid to run away, the meteor crashed at high speed where she was.
The shockwave that the meteor made threw Lorane and me forward, making us both roll to the ground and dirty all of us.

"Are you ok Ojou-sama?" Lorane was very worried about my condition, so there was a worry in her voice.

"Yes, I'm fine," I answered truthfully, since I really hadn't hurt myself and didn't want to make Lorane worried.

When Lorane and I got up, we saw an amazing scene.
The place where the meteor crashed was totally destroyed, it had a crater about 5 meters deep.

'But where is she?'

I couldn't see the maid, she totally disappeared.
Did she run away, or was the impact so strong that her body was disintegrated? I didn't want to think about it, since it would be a horrible death.

'But she tried to kill me, so it was a deserved death.' I thought that, but soon after I was shocked by the scene I saw.

I could see the maid, but she was totally injured and couldn't get up. Apparently she ran from the meteor but couldn't get far, so just the impact of the wreckage hurt her a lot.

- Come on Lorane.

I called Lorane for us to go to the maid, but I told us to go carefully because she could be pretending and could attack us.
When we got close to the maid she looked really hurt.

She was trying to speak but couldn't, she was just looking at us with bloodthirsty eyes.

"Lorane, call the other maids and arrest her." I gave Lorane an order, because I didn't want this woman loose.

I stood there staring at the maid while Lorane went to call some maids to help her.

"You're lucky M..A ...I...D, I didn't kill you, but next time I'll make you suffer a lot before I kill you," I said in a menacing tone and the maid's eyes swam with fear.

Of course I said it jokingly, but I really could have killed her. But I wouldn't care much if she had died.

#######

After a few minutes Lorane returned with 2 more maids, they also had a rope.
They tied the injured maid and carried it to the mansion, and I followed close behind.

Since I said that, the maid has been avoiding eye contact.

'Was that so scary?'

Well I would certainly be scared if a cute girl like that said that to me. I love cute girls, but girls Yanderes aren't very nice, hahaha.

We arrived at the mansion and Lorane and the other maids put the injured maid on the living room floor, I sat on the couch and watched her.
I wanted to make her each time more uncomfortable.

"So who told you to kill me?" I said threateningly, making the maid wince for a moment.

The maid said nothing, she just kept looking away, is it serious that protecting her identity is more important than her own life?

"Aren't you going to tell me?" I made such a threatening tone that even the other maids froze for a moment.

'Sorry about that.' I was apologizing in my mind, as it was not my intention to scare them.

The bound maid was even afraid, but after a while she finally decided to talk.

#######

I was listening to the maid's story, apparently, she didn't know who hired her, she just received contact from a man.
She received 60 gold coins to fulfill the mission to kill me.

'Is my life worth so little?' That's what I thought, but I was totally wrong, 60 gold coins is a lot of money.

10 copper coins - 1 silver coin.
10 silver coins - 1 gold coin.

Apparently each copper coin would be worth 10 USD, each silver coin would be worth 100 USD, and of course gold coin would be worth 1,000 USD, so my life was worth 60,000 USD?

That was a lot of money, why would anyone give so much money for this child's life? I knew there was something very serious going on, but this is more serious than I thought.

Even the maids she was listening to were jaw-dropping at the price paid to the maid.
maid also said she had poisoned me before, and I was supposed to be dead.

'Was it when I entered this body?' I thought of that possibility at the time.

So my theory was right, I got into this body as soon as this girl died.
After the maid finished telling us everything we arrested her in a prison that existed inside the mansion.

It wasn't a very large prison, it was more like a basement, but it already served as a temporary prison.

########

I went back to my room and lay on the bed.
I started studying magic again, I don't know how, I could create a meteor so easily.

Is there anyone in this world who can use magic just like me? Well I don't, but it's certainly weird.

'Do I have the famous cheating?'

Whenever a person is sent to a fantasy world he gets a "cheat" isn't it? Is this my "cheat"?
Well, when I was running away from the maid I also realized that I was running faster than her, did I have more stamina?

I have to test my skills later, because staying in this world where I can die at any moment without knowing how to use my skills won't work.

I think starting tomorrow I will start checking all my skills.
But the only thing I'm wondering now is who ordered my death.

 

********************
BUY ADVANCED CHAPTERS: https://www.patreon.com/IgorRSAWI
**********************

193