EN-Ri-F-010-02 “The One Thousand Eyed Bird”
518 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

fbvgJ8x.png

EN-Ri-F-010-02

“The One Thousand Eyed Bird”

Main Sequence Corrupted

3bbLF2K.png

“All seeing. Ever watching. Who would be accused hung all who could testify against it. Little by little, its innocent coat of white feathers turned black to reflect its unrightful prejudice. It lurks in the black forest, seeking only one thing: to enact judgement against the Skewered Beast.”

ywgNHKI.png

Risk Classification

mcLh8aV.png

ywgNHKI.png

Affinity: Judgement

oYl2VW3.png

ywgNHKI.png

Attribute: Righteousness

5YW38jd.png

ywgNHKI.png

Origin: Folklore     Status: Archived

ywgNHKI.pngfbvgJ8x.pngywgNHKI.png

Description: 010-02 is a large spherical bird standing at approximately 10m in height and width. It walks on two thin, skeletal legs appearing unfit to carry its immense body mass. Entity is bipedal in nature and covered in a thick layer of black feathers that appear flushed against its body.

010-02’s body is dotted with exactly one thousand golden eyes. When all eyes are open 010-02 appears like a beacon or a star depending on the observer’s perspective.

010-02 does not possess any wings despite it being a bird and hides a maw that comprises of more than half of its body. Its maw is made up of countless rows of teeth capable of causing considerable damage to those it preys upon.

010-02 comes in several major components due to it possessing and exerting a Corrupted Zone in Grandis, dubbed the ‘Black Forest’.

ywgNHKI.pngWfjLU2w.png

Corrupted Zones

Corrupted that have existed for a certain length of time may exert a force that will begin to ‘taint’ and convert its surroundings into a physical manifestation of its state of mind.

 

Corrupted of Eternal Night and beyond have been known to exert incredibly powerful Corrupted Zones. Corrupted of lower entries rarely if at all can exert a Corrupted Zone outside of specific conditions. This does not mean they cannot.

 

This is ultimately why Corrupted of Eternal Night and beyond are unfit to be stored within a Site and must be dealt with appropriately.

WfjLU2w.pngywgNHKI.png

Corrupted Zone: The Black Forest is an infinite forest found within a burned woodlands located nearby the Village of Virt. A threshold akin to a twilight zone separates the Black Forest from the rest of the forest. Entry is one way and exit becomes impossible (See the Reports Section for exemptions).

The Black Forest is characterized by its infinite sprawl of thin, black trees and a sky devoid of stars or light. The only light present within the Black Forest originates from 010-02 itself or from various glowing orbs found within a secluded forest hidden within the depths of the Black Forest.

Numerous entities roam the Black Forest. It is unknown how the creatures reproduce and it is likely that they are created from nothing as a result of the Corrupted Zone’s power.

010-02’s Corrupted Zone disallows anyone to leave unless the Skewered Beast has been judged, or if the One Thousand Eyed Bird has been subjugated. All intruders will be deemed as the Skewered Beast and will be judged accordingly by the One Thousand Eyed Bird, resulting in immediate death by its jaws of prejudice.

010-02’s Corrupted Zone has been allowed to proliferate as it is located within the prohibited zone: Grandis.

Addendum: 010-02’s Corrupted Zone no longer exists after the Amalgam’s subjugation of the One Thousand Eyed Bird.

ywgNHKI.png

Description Continued: 010-02 has the ability while in its Corrupted Zone to create multiple entities, collectively known as the Denizens of the Black Forest.

  • 010-02-01 Witness: A a docile black dove that poses little threat. Usually found in small groups and rarely react or flee to danger. They appear to be in a catatonic state.

ywgNHKI.png

  • 010-02-02 Accuser: A bipedal, one-winged bird. 02 are extremely violent and will swing their blade-like wing to bisect all intruders of the Black Forest. They are particularly violent against the 03, the Accused. As a result of their large wing, they are seen walking while leaning on the side of their heavy wing. They take the appearance of a thin, malnourished chick of an unknown species of birds.

ywgNHKI.png

  • 010-02-03 Accused: A clumped ball of spiky feathers with a central eye used to locate victims. It appears closer to a tumble weed and patrols the baren lands of the Black Forest. 03 is in a constant state of silently screaming, for it has no mouth. They are particularly fragile and incapable of inflicting major wounds, however, these small wounds usually translate to major MAG ATT/Magic Damage. They are preyed upon by 02.

ywgNHKI.png

  • 010-02-04 Hanged Jury: Figures lynched by a living; deceased tree usually found in the middle of a clearing with the hidden secluded woodlands. Trees in its surroundings are massive and upwards of 2 to 5 meters thick. 04 is a tree that hangs a child-like figure with white hair and golden eyes from the neck. These sites are usually protected by 05, the Righteousness. 04 cannot be destroyed by traditional means, aside from setting the child free.

ywgNHKI.png

  • 010-02-05 Righteousness: A four-legged bird coated with a layer of massive, blade-like feathers. Its chest is capable of splitting open like the petals of a flower to reveal rows of electable thorns that serve as its teeth. A black eye sits within its abyssal maw. 05, when faced with an intruder, the Skewered Beast or one bearing prejudice; will fire a hailstorm of hundreds of 1-meter-long thorns to saturate everything in its direction. 05 has been seen combating 010-02 “One Thousand Eyed Bird” when it enacts its prejudice, usually resulting in the immediate death of 05.

ywgNHKI.png

  • 010-02-06 Innocent: The true form of the Witnesses when viewed through the Eyes of Judgement or the temporary ability: Their Innocence. The black doves present themselves as white doves.

ywgNHKI.png

  • 010-02-07 False Jury: 07 are the physical manifestations of the Eyes belonging to the One Thousand Eyed Bird. They glow emphatically and serve to spawn other denizens once a damage threshold has been reached.

ywgNHKI.png

  • 010-02-07A False Accuser: 07A are significantly weakened versions of the Accuser and are seen as cannon fodder for the One Thousand Eyed Bird. They are born from the broken orbs of 07.

ywgNHKI.png

  • 010-02-07B False Witness: Near identical to the Innocent but born from 07. Appear in hundreds, and will not resist, flee, or move. They will simply stare with passive eyes and a prejudice unbelonging to them.

ywgNHKI.png

  • 010-02-07C Falsely Accused: The scapegoats of the One Thousand Eyed Bird. When 010-02 nears its rightful judgement, it will create 07C to become the target of Judgement. They are identical to the Accused.

ywgNHKI.png

  • 010-02-08 [REDACTED]: An enigmatic child that served to warn people away from entering the Black Forest. It is unknown how connected 08 is to 012-02. Currently, 08 “[REDACTED]” has been [REDACTED] by the Amalgam and now serves as the [REDACTED].

ywgNHKI.pngXMt2WDC.png

All information regarding 08 is highly confidential. Information must be personally received by the Amalgam. This is considered an information hazard.

You have been warned.

 

– Enoch, The Artificer of Rupturing (T-4 Artificer, Clearance Level 0)

XMt2WDC.pngywgNHKI.png

  • 010-02-09 The Skewered Beast: Anyone who automatically enters the Black Forest is deemed by all as the Skewered Beast and must be judged accordingly. However, following certain conditions will allow one to designate 010-02 “One Thousand Eyed Bird” as the Skewered Beast which will lead to its rightful judgement and subsequent subjugation.

ywgNHKI.png

Managemental Procedures/Protocols: 010-02 does not possess any protocols as it is contained within the Floor of Judgement and has been Archived. It now remains under the care of the Arbiter, previously being in the possession of the Amalgam.

ywgNHKI.png

Story/Origin: Chapter of the Book: The Price of Paradise.

Its true origins are not fully understood due to conflicting and overlapping information. Currently, it is theorized to be based on the mass persecution of Demi-Humans, Healers and those believed to have taken the bite from the forbidden apple from the King of Puritas’ sacred garden.

It is believed that the Denizens are the manifestations of people’s guilt, prejudices and hysteria surrounding the events leading up to the loss of Paradise.

ywgNHKI.png

Records/Reports:

Firestorm [Unknown – 335 PA]

Before the loss of Paradise, the area where the Black Forest would manifest was subjected to massive fires to create a land appropriate to conduct ritualistic mass punishments. Torture, hangings, and burnings became commonplace until the arrival of the One Thousand Eyed Bird in 335 PA.

A story of a child weeping and warning people to stay away was present long before the appearance of the Black Forest. The folklore used to be a tale to ward curious children away from the woodlands of Grandis, which were known to house dangerous wildlife as well as Anids.

ywgNHKI.png

Exclusion Zone [340 PA]

5 years following Paradise Lost and the prohibition of entering Grandis, Scarlet Logic conducted a controversial mission into the Black Forest. At the time their intentions were unknown, but it is now widely believed that they had intended to eliminate the One Thousand Eyed Bird before it could enter the hands of the Arbiter.

Others theorize that they planned to study it before the betrayal of the 12th Apostle to assess its effectiveness against the Amalgam.

Scarlet Logic Fodders were sent into Corrupted Zone, netting an immediate loss of 1,000 personnel. Little data was recovered, and bodies were never found.

Scarlet Logic Elimination Midnight Team (5 Moons, 1 Red Giant) followed at a later date. All 6 members were eliminated and [REDACTED] days after their death. All members became mentally unstable, hysterical, and were eventually disposed off permanently. All 6 members were untethered from the [REDACTED].

ywgNHKI.pngXMt2WDC.png

Please do not question how their bodies were recovered. Your curiosity will cost you, dear Overseer/Navigator.

 

– Samyaza, The Artificers of Altercation (T-4 Artificer, Clearance Level 0)

XMt2WDC.pngywgNHKI.png5TzMfxS.png

 

Addendum: Scarlet Logic is no longer associated with the Nexus and is marked as traitors. Do not trust any Scarlet Logic Personnel. They must be eliminated or brought to Justica Arms for justice. The Code Red Protocol is now under reassessment.

 

5TzMfxS.pngywgNHKI.png

Subjugation [350 PA]

15 years following Paradise Lost, 010-02 was subjugated by none other than the Amalgam herself, now possessing all its powers under her authority. Aspects of the One Thousand Eyed Bird can therefore now be seen in her apparel and the presence she possesses.

Demi-humans have noted that they’ve felt as though they were being stared at by not one person, but by a thousand when under the scrutiny of the Amalgam.

Currently, the burned woodlands of the Black Forest no longer contain a Corrupted Zone and has been cleansed of all Corrupted anomalies. However, the history of the horrors of that land remains entirely untouched. It is as though time had not progressed a single second for over 15 years.

ywgNHKI.pngfbvgJ8x.png


weSkjsk.pnga6V0aYw.pngS8uX05M.pngvA693tv.pngj2Y9yS2.png

 

10