Chapter 16: Cultivator Problems Require Cultivator Solutions
5.1k 10 126
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Y-You scoundrel!" Young Master Shen stepped back and pointed his finger at Yan Xiaolong. "How dare you destroy the promissory note!? Do you not know that this is high crime!?" 

 

"I can't be in debt if I don't have a debt." Yan Xiaolong said. 

 

Young Master Shen and his retainers hushed into silence. Indeed they had no proof since it was just burned into the air. Moreover, promissory notes were highly restricted in the sect, even though many disciples practiced the act of using it anyways. Though, in their mind, they figured that a lazy young master like Yan Xiaolong was not the type to read the sect's law anyways. Many disciples still had the impression that the infamous Young Master Yan was still illiterate. Little did they know, they were half-correct. 

 

"Wait until I spread the news, Yan Xiaolong! I have many friends and they're going to drag your face into the mud!" 

 

"Peh! My face was in the mud a long time ago so why would I care if it gets any dirtier?" 

 

"This is not an act befitting a gentleman! I'm going to tell everyone that you don't have any sense of sha-" 

 

Before Young Master Shen could finish speaking, a Fireball was flicked at his throat. Beside ruining Young Master Shen's vocal cords, the Fireball also knocked the former into unconsciousness. 

 

Yan Xiaolong started to pick his nose while showing off an arrogant expression. "Geez, I thought tattling stopped in kindergarten. What a brat." 

 

The group of retainers took some steps back and began to cuss at Yan Xiaolong. They spit hot words at him so he removed his finger from his nose and flicked a Fireball booger at them. It flew like a comet and struck with heaven-piercing power. The single booger lodged itself into one of the retainers' throat and choked him. 

 

"Yan Xiaolong, how dare-" 

 

"Fireball." 

 

"Stop, Yan Xiaolong! We are backed by the-" 

 

"Fireball." 

 

"Yan Xiaolong, my name is-" 

 

"Fireball." 

 

One by one, Yan Xiaolong cleared his nose and the group of inner court disciples with Fireballs. Some tried to fight back, but the defense formation prevented their attacks from reaching him while the Fireballs accurately struck them at the throat. 

 

"Alright Zhong Yun, collect their bodies and bring them into the palace." 

 

"Huh? You don't plan on kidnapping them, do you? Young Master, these are inner court disciples!" 

 

"And?" 

 

"Young Master Shen is from the Shen Clan which has six Nascent Soul elders and one Spiritual Lamp grand elder. Although they do not compare to the Tie Clan or the Han Clan, but are extremely stro-" 

 

"So what? My ancestor can beat up his ancestor, so there's nothing to worry about. I know how corruption works. If worse come to worst, just sprinkle some spirit stones and it will all work out. At least he isn't from the smallest family in the smallest village in the smallest city in the smallest country in the small sect from the smallest continent or anything like that." Yan Xiaolong stepped outside and took some bodies with him. "If that were the case, that's when shit hits the pants." 

 

......

 

Yan Xiaolong tied the entire group into a bundle with his Dragon Soul Chains. He gave Young Master Shen a medicinal pill and waited for them to wake up. He sat at a desk with Zhong Yun and discussed his travel into the Eight Extremities Daoist's cave. A tea pot was seeping tea for them. 

 

"Wow, Young Master! The Eight Extremities Daoist is considered a legendary cultivator, but there's very little information on him besides some negative reviews. To think that he did all those deeds..." Zhong Yun nodded slowly to Yan Xiaolong's story. 

 

"Indeed, indeed. Now, I need to find a way to extract the blood essence of the baby octopus." 

 

"Young Master, maybe this legacy isn't the best for you if you don't want to eat it. Maybe you should cultivate in silence and focus on the Immovable King's Scripture. You have enough spirit stones to reach Golden Core, sir." 

 

"You're right, but where's the fun in that? People who transmigrated like me are destined to be magnets for trouble. Might as well deal with them so that I swiftly become a god. Ever heard of someone who actually meditated to godhood from the start of the story to the finale? Yeah, me neither." 

 

"Young Master, I have no idea what you're talking about." 

 

"Don't worry, you wouldn't get it." Yan Xiaolong poured himself a cup of tea and drank it. "C'mon, tell me if there's a way to extract blood essence from this thing. This is also part of my Dao." 

 

"Hmm..." Zhong Yun racked his brain for ideas. "I can think of three options. First, you can tame the Eight Extremities Octopus and command it to give you its blood essence; thought, I do not think it would be easy to tame this creature. Second, you can directly consume the blood essence by eating it and refine it to obtain the bloodline; though, I believe that is a trap. Finally, you can use some secret techniques to extract the blood essence. Although the last one is the hardest option." 

 

"The hardest option? Good. How do I do it?" Yan Xiaolong's eyes lit from hearing the 'hardest option.' In his mind, that meant that it was also the best option.

 

"There's a dao technique in the sect called the Seal of Divine Blood which can allow you to extract the blood essence of a living creature and use it for yourself. From what I can recall, this dao technique is part of a Void-Tier cultivation art, the Blood Yaksha's Tome, that is up for purchase." 

 

"Oh really? How much is it?" 

 

Zhong Yun did some calculation with his hands. "As an inner court disciple, you should have a ten-percent discount. With Elder Iron-Sword's approval, you may even get another ten-percent discount. With the Tie Clan's influence, another ten-percent may be in place as well. That's a total of thirty-percent discount. So that adds up to a small number of..." 

 

Yan Xiaolong drank his tea while nodding to Zhong Yun's explanation. 

 

"Seven hundred-million spirit stones." 

 

"Pffft!" 

 

The tea in Yan Xiaolong's mouth sprayed out onto Zhong Yun's face. 

 

126