BLBL Newsletter [9] : October 2021
2k 9 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

banner_oct_2021.jpg

BLBL NEWSLETTER - OCTOBER 2021

~ヾ(・ω・) Welcome all to the October 2021 edition of the BLBL Newsletter (≧▽≦)/

 

The contents of this newsletter are as follows: (click on the titles to jump to that section!)

  1. Artober and Kinktober at the BL Palace!
  2. Boys' Love Autumn Short Story Anthology
  3. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (September)
  4. BL author news
  5. Who are the chibis?
  6. OG BL novel recommendations
  7. General BL News
  8. Fun corner
  9. Housekeeping for BL Palace
  10. Acknowledgements

1. Artober and Kinktober at the BL Palace

Our art event Artober and writing event Kinktober has started!

What are those events? It's easy! For a whole month every day has a prompt and goal is it to write or create a small artwork to the given prompt. For motivation there are even inspirational posts with ideas~

Artober is similar to Inktober, except it's not only restricted to traditional art. Just art however you like! Here the prompts:

unknown.png

Kinktober is as the name implies, very kinky! The prompts are kinks and fetishes and definitely nothing for minors! Every weekend a new batch of prompts (with small definitions) will be released for the following week! You can post on our AO3 collection and/or to our discord server (and anywhere else you want!).

Everyone is invited to participate. This event is to promote productivity and exchange writing tips between fellow writers (and writers in the making) as well as exchanging art tips under artists.
(How about collaborating?)

Check out the event announcement: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/bl-kinktober-artober.6762/

For the fastest news, join the discord server https://discord.gg/xgJ3RCeE5h

 

Return to Contents


2. Boys' Love Autumn Short Story Anthology

Entries for the BL Autumn Anthology are closed! Stories will begin posting sometime mid October, please look forward to it! The anthology will posted on the BL Palace account, so why don't you follow us to be alerted? 😉

You can connect with other writers on the BL Palace Discord Server, where you can join Team Cozy or Team Macabre~~

 

 

Return to Contents


3. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (September)

All the following include the 'Boys Love' Genre. In sequential order:

A Tale of Two Lives

 

A Tale of Two Lives by Kldran

36.3 k | 36 ch | Fantasy, Gender Bender, Girls Love, Isekai, Psychological

A man discovers his interesting dreams are not just dreams anymore. Now living two lives, the main character of this story is stuck trying to make sense of a ridiculous scenario that leaves them questioning their own identity.

Author Note: I'm not really sure how to tag this ridiculous mess of ideas. There is M/M content (eventually) and F/F content, as well as some of the most bizarre genderbending I've written. However, neither romance, nor sex, are a focus of the story. The main focus of the story is supposed to be the main character trying to make sense of what's going on, and figuring out their place in the world.

Never Died

 

Never Died by N.G.Brier

117 k | 42 ch | Action, Adult, Fantasy, Mature, Tragedy

All she wanted was a normal life.

All he wanted was redemption.

All they wanted was inner peace.

In a world of gods, vampires, mages, demons and magic, Mazelina's dream was to have a healthy baby and a life full of love and happiness.

Everything changed when her husband was summoned to work for the vampire, King Darius of Haven. Upon Ashton's return with the knights, a curse was placed upon the village. Chaos followed, resulting in countless deaths, including Mazelina's.

Then she woke-up in the desert, alive. Unknowingly soon to face a choice--one that could doom the world. 

Cutie’s Fan Club President Is Taken (BL)

 

Cutie’s Fan Club President Is Taken (BL) by Cynical Strawberry

2.8 k | 1 ch | Comedy, Mature, Psychological

Almost everyone could agree that Tang Tang was a cutie. He was practically a living national treasure with his large innocent eyes that would sparkle every time someone brought out some candy or grow moist and teary whenever he was teased or bullied. His skin was white as snow, his lips a splash of luscious red; like the single corruption, the single drop of color on an otherwise blank sheet of paper. Tang Tang himself was equally as lovable. While he did grow, his frame was that of a slender young man - not a child’s, and his intelligence was easily equal to or above those his own age, he somehow retained that innocence and childishness that most lose once they pass adolescence.

So, it's no surprise that everyone loved Tang Tang and I was among them. We maintained a strange equilibrium around him, us fans...well, until the incident. The incident didn't affect me as much well, I suppose I never spoke to Tang Tang again. But it was interesting to see how disillusioned you can become when the person you put on a pedestal isn't as great as you think they are.

(Short one chapter story, HE (happy ending) at least for the narrator, and purely fictional)

Graced With Warmth and Happiness

 

Graced With Warmth and Happiness by MyLadyQueen

0.6 k | 1 ch | Supernatural

Lyre and Valhalla, the king and his majesty.

I hope you enjoy this oneshot, specifically posted for the BL Palace account on Twitter.

#1 That Girl Lexi

 

#1 That Girl Lexi by MyLadyQueen

34.6 k | 20 ch | Adult, Drama, Girls Love, Mature, Romance, Tragedy

Lexi or Alexander James Thorne-Hall grew up in a town where he was invisible to everyone around him.

Group projects were a no brainer, he did his part then handed in or presented but shortly after, he was forgotten. Others got bullied, became popular and gained dating experience and him? Ignored by society.

But that was not all that troubled him, Lexi knew from a very young age that he was different from all the girls and boys around him and kept this secret for so many years until finally, the third year of high school arrived, he confessed to his parents that he wasn't actually a boy but a girl!

They were confused in the beginning and took their son to counselling which they also attended and understood what he meant – their son is transgender.

Now with a few surgeries done, medication and therapy, the new Alexandra was living her life while being ignored by all until the day Weston Reeves saw her.

In a Name

 

In a Name by LilyKalanoa 

42.4 k | 15 ch | Drama, Fanfiction, Fantasy, Mature

Zelgadis thinks he's finally found a cure, but when everyone's favorite mazoku shows up, things quickly become complicated. What is Xellos up to, and what secrets might it reveal about him? This story is ultimately about depression, trigger warning: suicide attempt.

New Beginnings [BL]

 

New Beginnings [BL] by Silverty

21.1 k | 4 ch | Slice of Life

A collection of short stories featuring Joshua and Erick.
First featured in BLP's spring anthology, I found that I loved the characters so much and had so many things I wanted to share about their lives. So I'm continuing their story whenever I think there's something about their lives I want to share :)

How to Save a Star [BxB]

 

How to Save a Star [BxB] by ElohimRobustelli

29.3 k | 14 ch | Drama, Romance, School Life, Tragedy

“Do you know that stars die?” I asked, breaking the silence. I didn't know where the question came from, but that's the only thing that came to mind.

“Yeah,” he answered. “And some stars we see in the sky may be already dead. But they're so far away that their afterglow can still be seen above. Some of them may seem glowing but they’re truly dead.”

We all have a little gallery of photographic memories inside our hearts. An exhibit of things we could never forget through our short moments in time. Some were so good, we held it like they were the best part of our lives while some were things we desperately ran away from - they hunted us, and killed our hopes.

The beginning of my life ended on my tenth birthday, the day when my childhood was stolen away from me. I longed to run away from that nightmare that held me tightly in my neck and made me helpless under its grasp.

Going to college had become my final chance to run away. On my seventeenth birthday, after enrolling at a university, my life took another shift. I met a man who showed me the glimmer of hope I always wanted to see. And this was our story. A narration of first love, bittersweet and worthwhile.

The Government’s Dog

 

The Government’s Dog by MyLadyQueen

1.2 k | 1ch | Tragedy

Luke lost the love of his life during a failed mission overseas and in his search to find himself again, he started dating and that date lead to a fateful encounter that just might be the right choice for all three of them.
[BL] The Slight Blush of the Rising Sun

 

[BL] The Blush of the Rising Sun by Jayduph

4.9 k | 1 ch | Romance, Smut

The afternoon was perfect and the most beautiful of moments. Everything about this day had been a celebration of their past and how much they had been through together. Surrounded by the revelry of their vow renewal, Ben and Van reminisced on these memories long since gone, and each felt their passion and desire, which had spanned for more than a decade, stir.
Live Without Me

 

Live Without Me by MyLadyQueen

5.6 k | 4 ch | Mature, Romance

Felix Tattersall, a young man who found love years after his transition from a woman to a man, confessed after years of friendship and only having his heart, broken in the end.

Graham Angelo, his best friend was astounded when Felix, his loyal friend confessed his feelings to him on a snowy midnight had yet to understand where Felix's feelings came from and was left standing under the moonlight processing all of this only to wake up next to a whimpering baby boy in a room he was all too familiar with.

Return to Contents


4. BL author news

Help these authors by checking out their work 😊😊

Announcement

Making The Zombie King My Wife by Lon3ly is out of hiatus!!

Ame-Tora is writing a new chapter for their book The book of Time: The clan of Tears, so look out for an update soon!

The main story of Dao of the Salted Fish by bafflinghaze has finished! Only extras to come!

MyLadyQueen wrote some short twitter ficlets for the BL Palace twitter! Come read! [A Prince and his lover]  [His Majesty and the King]  [The houseboy and his boss]

 

 
 

Return to Contents


5. Who are the chibis?

Did you see the chibis on our heading banner? Do you know where they come from? Such a mystery~ (●´ω`●)ゞ

In every BLBL Newsletter, we dedicate a corner to showcase our staff's incredible artistic talent and give a shout-out to a handful of beautiful BL couples from novels featured on our very own Scribblehub! σ(≧ε≦o)

This month's chibis are courtesy of these lovely and hardworking artists: OkuraTsukiko, Pen, Killokii, and tiaf!!

Have you read enough BL novels to guess which books these cute and adorable chibis are from? There's no punishment for guessing wrong! But if you guessed correctly before the big reveal you might just receive a cookie! (♥ω♥ ) ~♪
So drumroll please~

Spoiler

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/821371356816998442/892351169505161226/bloody_and_ice.png

Ice and Bloody from Life is a Game by Owl

*

Prince Aldridge and Lord Seghatchigan from The Prince and His Prisoner by MyLadyQueen

*

 

Roderick and Errat from A Pirate's Creed  by OkuraTsukiko

*

baff_salted_fish.png

Sun Fuyu and Wen Zhihao from Dao Of The Salted Fish by bafflinghaze

 

[collapse]

Return to Contents


6. OG BL novel recommendations

 

This Protagonist Is A Bit Sick! by B1ackDiA

In progress | ?? k | 20 ch | Comedy, Fantasy, Romance

Review by CryWhenFrustrated:

This Protagonist Is A Bit Sick! by B1ackDiA is a cute, comedic xianxia/wuxia (can't tell as of now) novel that has occasional heavy moments. It's really nice and the way that the protag is so dense is my weak spot. I encourage reading it as a 4 something out of 5. The only reason I'm not giving it a 5 is because of the number of chapters and being expectant of the future plot.

Summary:

Spoiler

A salaryman, Liu Xun age 25 years old from the 21st century suddenly found himself in an unknown place once he woke up.

He then realized that he actually got transmigrated into a cultivation novel.

And the body he occupied is the Big Boss Villain, Wu Jing!

Although his future looked so bleak he firmly believed that as long as he didn't interact with the protagonists he would be fine.

However, he didn't expect that no matter what he does he always meet the protagonist!

What's worse was that it is not even the female but the male protagonist, Wan Yu instead!

Nevertheless, thinking that the protagonist was still a child he decided to take him under his wing and be his big brother.

Years have passed and Liu Xun was currently having a deep enmity with the protagonist.

Liu Xun:''I just look at your future wife for a bit so why are you having that scary looks on your face!''

He painstakingly raised him for years but for a woman who he has just met this ungrateful brat decided to turn against him! So hateful!

Liu Xun:''Do you have a 'tearing clothes' fetish or what?! Stop tearing them whenever you are angry with someone else!''

The money he used to buy clothes is a lot more than what he used to buy the medicine!

Wan Yu:''Behave or else I won't be polite anymore.''

Liu Xun:''Scram!''

[collapse]
Baby Bird gets noticed by Mad Lord!

 

Baby Bird gets noticed by Mad Lord! by MadamCornS

In progress | 8.3 k | 5 ch | Comedy, Fantasy, Isekai, Mature, Romance

Review by Ame-Tora:

It is the story of a fanboy of a book character, with an abusive scenario, which he is reading who finds himself transported in the said book in the form of a baby bird ...
There aren't many chapters at the moment but the structure of the world and the few characters you meet are really very interesting. The author also writes very well, I like it a lot and have a look to learn more. A book to read and follow

Summary:

Spoiler
One day, Venta bought a book to spend his free (boring) time in his small rental room alone. Unfortunately, the book, he bought was actually BL and the story was extremely distressing. He felt so regretful after finished the story.
However, Venta fell in love with Moonlit's (the MC of the original story) face greatly.
Then he transmigrated into 'THAT' book! Regardless of that, he wasn't even a human being, he was just a shitty baby bird that died early in the story!
Venta didn't have time to feel depressed over his situation, he immediately focused his attention on finding a way to survive as well as a method to saved pitiful Moonlit from those mischievous psychopaths (the ML of the original story).
The final solution, he came up with, in order to save his small life and changed Moonlit's fate, was to ask for help from one of the psychopaths, The Mad Lord!
Venta was really wanted to separate all the ML from MC completely but he had no power to do so.
He knew his plan was the best (rotten) strategy but he was still prayed every second for everything went smoothly without him dying on the way.
Geez~ Life is full of unpredictable things. Even now he became a bird, he couldn't take it easy. Every moment was a survival game in this new world.
Venta was ready to turn everything upside down as long as he and his beloved Moonlit could survive together.

*****
Mad Lord: If you loved Moonlit so much, Shall I present you, Moonlit in pieces, for your birthday's gift?
Silly Bird: ...ah! His madness actives again. My Lord, what did I wrong you again? Please show some mercy on this small insignificant bird
Mad Lord: Nothing
Silly Bird: ... (⌒_⌒ ;)
In bird's pure mind: Nothing, my ass.

[collapse]
The Magic Tea Leaves and Other Cultivation Short Stories

 

The Magic Tea Leaves and Other Cultivation Short Stories by LinXueLian

Completed | 12.2 k | 6 ch | Comedy, Fantasy, Historical, Romance

Review by UM3:

Too busy and only have time for a toilet break? Read this! Won't take up too much of your time per chapter.

Mood a little blue? Just annoyed at everything else? Read this! A quick laugh will fix you up!

This might sound crazy; but your big-huggable-sleeping-bears, or any toys to your liking, need a little bedtime story? Read this! You'll go to bed with a smile! PLUS, you get to teach your stuffed bears some life lessons too!

P/S: Just one of those days where a quick short story is all I need to boost the mood ٩◔‿◔۶

Summary:

Spoiler

Yun Cha: Forget beauties! I only like drinking tea!
Old General: This is my grandson, Cao Jing.
Yun Cha: A beauty who can cultivate tea! Not bad!

Cha-Er, a popular martial cultivator who loves drinking tea, is introduced by his friend to a humble tea farmer. When this tea farmer is kidnapped by bandits, he goes out on a limb to rescue him.

The Magic Tea Leaves and Other Cultivation Short Stories is an assortment of short stories of the Xianxia, Xuanhuan and Wuxia genre, written like fairy tales. It contains boys love.

Wuxia and Xianxia are genres of Chinese fantasy featuring martial chivalry and folklore.

[collapse]

 

 

 

Return to Contents


7. General BL News

Xin Weimu writes about Falling in Love With China’s Most Risqué — and Risky — Genre, about their journey writing BL and then switching to write something else. - Hat tip to Jayduph

The covers for the English editions of Mo Xiang Tong Xiu novels have been revealed.

 

Return to Contents


8. Fun corner

My past self(possibly when I start writing) : "What kind of stories do you make? Is it romance?"

My present self : *hides the BL* "You have no idea"

- Hat tip to OkuraTsukiko

 

When you're an experienced reader/author/people of culture - OkuraTsukiko

 

Time to move to another country where no one knows you - OkuraTsukiko

 

Daddies, daddies everywhere - OkuraTsukiko

 

snk_levi_and_eren_lemon.png

Life of a Fujoshi - hat tip to UM3

 

 

Return to Contents


9. Housekeeping for BL Palace

Twitter

Please directly DM the account or message bafflinghaze in order to get something posted or retweeted on the BL Palace twitter account. This includes:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

Discord Server

Any readers and writers of BL are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server! We have weekly writing sprints and writing help, and much more besides!

Email Subscription

You can sign up to receive emails to notify of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

BLBL's November Newsletter

Help us out for the November Newsletter by filling out this form.

 

Return to Contents


10. Acknowledgements

First of all, UM3 is giving a shout-out to the admins:

Before... (. ゚ー゚) when I see a BL cover and I go *HOT DAMN* but I can't find the title no matter what!!!

Now... (*˘︶˘*) I sleep in peace knowing where to go for help.

(^з^)-☆ Thank you admins, for keeping the community going.

Thank you, UM3!

This Newsletter was brought to you by the following people: bafflinghaze, tiaf and OkuraTsukiko!

Please give another round of applause to the lovely artists who made this month's BLBL Newsletter chibi banner: OkuraTsukiko, PenKillokii, tiaf!!

And finally, thank you to all those who submitted news, links, and novel recommendations for the newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next chapter of the newsletter~

And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

21