Chapter 268 – Finding Help
547 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

8pz03t6.png

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

I am Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon]

The Caretaker of Otherworldly Tenants [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Magical Girl Kari: Apocalypse System [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

The Hero Became a Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] [Amazon]

Micchi Versus the New world [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Ellori, the Ero Witch of Parthun [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

The Housewife's Netorare App [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

Social Links: [Patreon] | [Twitter] | [Discord]

I am Succubus! is available for pre-order on Amazon! Thank you for your continued support, readers!

I am Succubus!: Vol. 1 - Kindle edition

bb62930301c34351b3d8047a651988e4.jpg

Hero Succ! Vol. 5 is available on Amazon, too!

I Became a Succubus, and the Only Way to Level is to... What?! Vol. 5

Eliza invited Kanae and Edina up to the highest floor of the tower, on a balcony that offered a beautiful bird's eye view of Ehmvier. She prepared them tea and fetched a tome from one of her locked cabinets. The name 'Roshasha' had struck fear in her, and there weren't very many things that could move the sorceress.

"The existence of Roshasha has been kept a secret for as long as she was imprisoned. Everyone who was involved with her capture has long since passed away now. Only a select few know of her, namely the current and previous Grand Eyes, Marwin, myself, and every member of the Saint Priests. Did Charron mention anything else about her to you?" Eliza asked.

"Nothing. Just a name and for her release. In fact, he sent Lady to deliver the message, and according to her, he only just remembered. She didn't seem acquainted with Roshasha either," Kanae explained.

"Why's it such a secret anyway? You got the bitch under lock and key." Edina emptied the teacup and plopped the Chalice of Endless Booze onto the table instead.

When Eliza opened the heavy tome, Kanae recoiled from a wave of magic that rippled outwards from it. The sorceress incanted a spell that opened it, and the pages began to flip all on their own. What few glimpses Kanae caught, she recognized a pencil-sketched image of Lady Dahlia, Minestra Val'doun, Milton, and other individuals of savage appearance.

The tome eventually stopped on a page which contained a short woman, whose race neither Kanae nor Edina had ever seen before. She was short and stood on hooves for feet. Maybe as tall as a squirreling. Two large ram horns spiraled upwards from the sides of her head. Her thick tail looked reptilian, but the tips flared out in two points like a shark's fin.

"This is Roshasha?" Kanae peered down at the page.

"Pfft… She looks like a pushover! Pwuahaha!" Edina leaned back and erupted into laughter.

"Do not underestimate Roshasha by her appearance alone. Yes, this is her. As I mentioned before, she belongs to a race of demons that have long gone extinct. Well, maybe extinct isn't the correct word. Other races like the herzuliths may have Rhyleth Ancestry. It is where they draw such incredible physical and magical strength," Eliza explained.

Did that mean Minestra had rhyleth blood in her? It explained why she was such a powerhouse of a bruiser and also capable of potent magic.

"Wait, so what happened to the rhyleths that made them go extinct? Don't tell me it was another case of the Succubus Wars…" Kanae couldn't imagine genocides ever having gone well in the past.

"Heavens, no." Eliza laughed. "One doesn't simply try to fight an avalanche. That is tantamount to suicide. The rhyleths are battlemongers. Rather than mate, they fought themselves to extinction. All except one: Roshasha."

"What are they? Stupid?" Edina narrowed her eyes.

"I suppose that would be an appropriate way to describe them, yes." She nodded.

Did they really want to free Roshasha then? The last thing Kanae needed was some battle hungry demon in the form of a loli. Hell, dealing with Claudia's insane tendency to seek out pain was miserable enough. It got them into many unnecessary fights!

There was also whether or not Roshasha would just accept being let go. 700 years was a lot of time to stew around in one's own mind. What if she wanted revenge?

"First of all, how did Roshasha get captured if she was so strong? I'm told she was the former demon lord, too! Actually… did she relinquish her title or did Charron beat her?" Kanae wondered aloud.

"A question best directed to the current Demon Lord of Artaggon, don't you think? I did learn from Grand Eye Analise— and time may have blemished a few details— that some time after Lord Charron assumed Roshasha's role, she came down south all by herself. Brave heroes, adventurers, Saint Priests, and Grand Eye at the time subdued her. " Eliza shrugged and beckoned Edina to share some of her booze.

Kanae pursed her lips. If it took that much effort to take down a single rhyleth, then why would they ever consider releasing her? On that note, however, it does make sense why Charron wanted her release.

Eliza sighed. "Listen, an alliance between Artaggon and Radevic would be the greatest boon in history. But it will mean nothing if the condition to form that alliance shatters the moment Roshasha is released. At the very least, we will need strong assurances from Lord Charron to keep her in check, and for ourselves, the strength to subdue her."

"The strength to… I mean, there is… Petyr," Kanae offered reluctantly.

"Whom you have sent into hiding beyond even our knowledge," she added.

For very good reason…

"I was supposed to have a wedding, you know? Why did things have to get so complicated again?!" Kanae complained at the top of her lungs.

"Here ya go, buddy. Sounds like you need this." Edina poured what smelled like very strong whiskey into Kanae's teacup.

"Yeah, thanks…" she groaned.

Eliza strongly insisted that they get everything in order soon, because she was ready to transport them to Radevic at any moment. Pressed for time, Kanae had no other choice but to ride out with Titan to the village of Rudura alone and seek out Petyr Stormcloud. The hot spring resort village had barely been touched by war, with the exception of that minor scuffle.

"Queen Kanae? We weren't expecting you!" Jareth, who had a large stack of towels in his hand, stopped to greet her in front of the hotel resort's lobby.

"I didn't expect to come either. I'm looking for her," Kanae said simply.

Jareth understood right away. He led Kanae up to the third floor, where Rudura Resort's largest suites were reserved for the wealthy. However, the entire floor had been closed down since the war's end. It now belonged to a single person.

"So, has there been any trouble with our guest?" Kanae asked.

"Fortunately not. We had a few problems with monsters coming too close to the resort. She was kind enough to come down and deal with them. The rest of the time, she stays holed up with the incubi," Jareth explained.

When they reached the room, Jareth bowed and retreated away. Kanae took a deep breath before knocking.

"It's me, Kanae! I know I'm probably one of the last people you want to see, but can we talk?" Kanae hollered.

A few footfalls shuffled around inside. Inaudible whispers were traded across the room. Eventually, Vesh in his young form opened the door.

"Queen Kanae, it's a pleasure to receive you!" Vesh lowered his head.

Kanae glanced past him. Sitting by the window in a bathrobe, with a glass of wine in hand and being given a foot massage by an incubus, was Petyr Stormcloud. Her golden hair had been cut short to shoulder-length. The glorious suit of armor and Shifting Steel rested on a mannequin. Another incubus was currently polishing it to a glistening shine.

"I was having a good night, then your ugly mug had to show up. Unless it's about my castle you promised me, I don't want to hear from you." Petyr shot a side-glance at her.

"It's not, but I got you an Ortesia White." Kanae lifted the bottle of wine.

"How?" She asked, rising from her seat.

"Let's just say Rown Company has a knack for smuggling things in and out of Ortesia. I picked this up from their office in Ehmvier before coming here."

Petyr shooed the incubi away and went to grab a single glass, because of course. She returned to snatch the bottle out of Kanae's hands, bit off the cork, and poured herself a full cup.

"You've earned yourself five minutes. Make it quick," Petyr said.

"The former demon lord named Roshasha is imprisoned underneath Aidenhall. Lord Charron's condition for an alliance with Radevic is her release. There's no telling what will happen if we agree to uncage her. I'd like for you to be there just in case things go awry," Kanae explained.

"Have you forgotten I'm a wanted war criminal? You would have me walk straight into the heart of Radevic?"

"I guess if you put it that way… Look, there's not a lot of people who know what you look like anyway. And it's not like high elves in Radevic are an uncommon sight. I'll let some of the others in on it so they won't be surprised that you're still around. I could really use your help!" she pleaded.

Petyr strolled up to the window and downed the wine like a cup of water. It pained Kanae to admit it, but she needed Ortesia's greatest knight. Her strength far outweighed even the likes of Minestra and Claudia. That was invaluable. Against the former Demon Lord of Artaggon, they might be able to even the odds.

"I want my castle, Kanae!" Petyr whipped around and exclaimed.

"You'll get your castle!" Kanae replied.

"I also want a pegasus. I saw the Lights of Cap… Lights of Ehmvier or whatever riding on them," she said.

"Hmm. I don't think the Lights will part with a pegasus so easily. I'm going to have to breed with one…"

"What?"

"Nothing! You'll get your castle and pegasus. Is there anything else?" Kanae asked.

The golden knight thought for a moment. Her eyes landed squarely on Kanae, and she flashed a fiendish grin.

"One strike. For old time's sake," Petyr said, balling up a fist.

"You… You mean you want to… hit me?" Kanae gulped.

"When I lost to you, rage and frustration welled up deep within my chest that not even destroying Errenard DeSalle's Supreme Royale could quell. I need to get it out of my system. Well?" she asked.

Sighing, Kanae relented and agreed. Petyr beckoned her over to the window. She did. She also quietly switched on Masochist and began to tremble in anticipation. Her former enemy slipped a knuckle duster onto her right fist and infused it with holy energies.

"Wait, we're doing it right here? I thought we were going outside first!" Kanae gasped.

"Clench your jaw, cunt!" Petyr slugged her across the cheek, and she went flying out the window.

Kanae crashed into the side of a hill, leaving behind a trench as she skidded to a stop. Every inch of her body was aching from pain and shuddering from an orgasm. Petyr landed next to her a second later with a hand outstretched.

"I… nngh… t-take this as… we have a… deal?" Kanae couldn't so much as lift an arm to grab Petyr's hand.

They returned to the room together. Petyr began to pack her belongings until she got to her suit of armor. Instead of donning it, she left the entire thing on the mannequin and only grabbed Shifting Steel. Meanwhile, Kanae availed herself to Titan downstairs for a quickie to recover from her wounds. Upon returning, it appeared that Petyr was in a pickle.

"What about us? Are we coming with you?" Vesh asked, and his brothers flanked him to confront Petyr.

"No, you will stay. A gaggle of incubi following me around will only make it more suspicious. Enjoy yourselves here for the time being, but do not stray from these forms or there will be hell to pay when I return," Petyr warned them.

"We're just worried about you," another incubus interjected. "You're always pushing yourself, like you have to atone no matter what."

The others nodded in agreement.

"Shut up before Kanae over here starts pestering me about it. Now, come here." Petyr kneeled down to hug the entire group.

Kanae couldn't tell if she loved them or what, but Vesh and his brothers certainly did care for her… in their own way.

It was dark by the time the two reached Ehmvier. Kanae worried if anyone would recognize the Petyr Stormcloud. The hair was the only change to her appearance. She had on a hood and cloak. Few high elves boasted such a height. The only place Kanae thought to bring her was Eliza's tower.

So when they got there…

"Really?" Eliza folded her arms.

"Really what? This woman is just a high elven refugee," Kanae said.

"I'm a refugee," Petyr added unconvincingly.

"Uh huh… Get inside, refugee. I'm going to put you to work in the meantime. This isn't free boarding," the sorceress said, gesturing for her to enter.

The very next day, everyone was getting ready to leave. Kanae, Esta, Arenade, and Edina would take the express trip to Radevic via Eliza's tower. Their children, however, would take the scenic trip along the Imperial Span. Moira, Mitty, and Aisha chaperoned them. After all, Teana and the others, including Daya and Nelly, were still junior knights of the academy. They couldn't stay on vacation forever.

"Remember, stay with your brother. Don't stray too far and stick together," Arenade instructed Kanade, Suvee, and Feraline.

"Okay," they answered at the same time.

"And Feraline, keep your claws sheathed. Killing is for bad guys. You don't need your claws out when you're play-fighting." Esta patted her drakeling daughter on the head, whose horns were beginning to grow in.

"Teana, Mikki, Pan, Revah, don't play around in Lograin too much. If your dad says it's time to leave for Radevic, you better listen to him!" Kanae shouted from below the carriage.

"We get it already, Mama!" Teana groaned.

The Rown Company carriages lurched forward, beginning their journey to Radevic and only making a short stop in Lograin. Their children poked their heads out of the windows and waved until they were out of sight. A swarm of Sisters of Sin succubi and Arenade's new vassals, the Lights of Ehmvier, flew after them as their escorts.

Kanae and her companions made their way to Eliza's tower, but when they got there, three succubi were waiting.

"You weren't thinking about leaving without us, were you?" Claudia asked.

"I think she intended to, sister." Hilde perched both hands on her hips and sneered.

"Er…" Kanae eyed the door, because Petyr was on the other side. "We were just going to go first. There's a captured Viviren in Aidenhall that we're planning to open a portal with for you, so… so just stay in Ehmvier and relax for a few more days. The Sisters of Sin will see to it that your needs are looked after!"

"Is this an arcane lock? Child's play for me to open." Alicia was busy fiddling with the door when it swung open. She barely backed away in time and bumped into her sisters.

A tall high elf stood under the doorway.

"Kanae, what took you? Eliza is getting impatient and so am— ah." Petyr, who wasn't wearing a cloak and hood this time, locked eyes with Claudia and froze.

"Ah?" Claudia squinted to get a better look before bursting out in surprise. "AH! You're that Ortesian bitch! How did you—"

"SHHH! Everyone, get in the tower!" Kanae tackled Claudia and Petyr inside.

Esta was the last to enter and shut the door behind them. A scuffle unfolded. Petyr lifted Claudia and Hilde up by their necks, but Alicia was standing behind the high elf with a knife to her throat.

"Let my sisters go!" Alicia threatened.

"Yeah, who could have guessed this would happen?" Arenade rolled her eyes.

"Everyone just stop!" Kanae shouted. "Petyr is coming to help me with something. She isn't going to be a problem as long as we don't bother her! Petyr, let them go or the promise of a pegasus is off."

Petyr clicked her tongue and put the two down. They dashed back to put some distance between them, and Alicia slowly put away the knife before joining her sisters.

"Oh! I see we have a few extra guests and have been reacquainted. Shall we share a drink instead of spilling each others' blood?" Eliza asked from the top of the stairs.

8pz03t6.png

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

I am Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon]

The Caretaker of Otherworldly Tenants [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Magical Girl Kari: Apocalypse System [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

The Hero Became a Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] [Amazon]

Micchi Versus the New world [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Ellori, the Ero Witch of Parthun [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

The Housewife's Netorare App [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

Social Links: [Patreon] | [Twitter] | [Discord]

Dakimakura available for purchase here: Kanae Toyomi – Cuddly Octopus

8c29bc950b6a9270ed0f30cac20a2e59.png09cba2a1d785c6ca69385137bf56b3cb.png

8