Chapter 286 – Wedding Day (Part 2)
589 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

8pz03t6.png

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

Adventurers Gone Wild [Patreon] | [Amazon

I am Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

The Caretaker of Otherworldly Tenants [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Magical Girl Kari: Apocalypse System [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

The Hero Became a Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] [Amazon]

Micchi Versus the New world [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Ellori, the Ero Witch of Parthun [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

The Housewife's Netorare App [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Social Links: [Patreon] | [Twitter] | [Discord]

I am Succubus! is available on Amazon! Thank you for your continued support, readers!

I am Succubus!: Vol. 1 - Kindle edition

bb62930301c34351b3d8047a651988e4.jpg

Hero Succ! Vol. 6 is available for pre-order on Amazon!

I Became a Succubus, and the Only Way to Level is to... What?! Vol. 6

Image

Kanae, Edina, and Alicia followed Hilde to the arena in Aidenhall, where the Knights' Academy aptitude tests took place. Thank god it wasn't in the Amethyst Hall or somewhere inside the palace. A fight between those three would have made a mess of the place. At least the arena was far enough to be inconsequential.

"We're coming, too!" Pan exclaimed, soaring by her side with Revah.

"What? Absolutely not! You two aren't getting anywhere near them of all people. Go find your dad and your sisters and get ready for the wedding." Kanae glared at her wayward daughters.

Pan and Revah stiffened up, but they ultimately obeyed and veered off. The last thing she needed was either of them coming into harm's way. Or getting injured right before the wedding, because Arenade would kill her for endangering them.

When they arrived at the arena from the sky, Petyr and Claudia were uncharacteristically standing side by side. The two confronted Roshasha, who was but a stone's throw away from them. However, they weren't alone. Lady Dahlia and Minestra Val'doun were also there. The demon pair were their own group in a three-way showdown.

"I thought it was just Petyr, Claudia, and Roshasha?" Kanae asked Hilde.

"The other two weren't there when I left them!" Hilde exclaimed defensively.

"It just keeps getting worse!" She sighed into both hands.

"What do you wanna do, Kanae? I can just drop a couple of death knights on them," Edina suggested.

Petyr had already proven that she could easily match a death knight's strength, and there was no telling how much weaker Roshasha was now. Who knew if the rhyleth could also defeat a death knight, and the battle would only embolden her to want more.

"No, let's not turn this into a four-way fight… I want to see if we can talk them down first," Kanae said.

"Does it look like they wanna talk?" Edina pointed out the rising tensions between them.

Minestra had drawn two long swords, a staff, and a wand into her hands. Lady bared her fangs and claws. Both of them directed their aggression at Petyr Stormcloud, who responded in kind with her felmetal maul.

"Hey, Petyr! I still feel those bruises you gave me during the war. Maybe it's about time I repay the favor!" Minestra smirked.

"Fuck off, herzulith. I don't need another ugly demon mug in my face," Petyr snarled back.

"Hehe! Aww, you all should get along instead. That way, I can fight all of you at once! Bring it! Let's throw down right now!" Roshasha egged everyone on.

"What?" Lady shot her a confused stare. "Roshasha, we're under Lord Charron's banner. Minestra and I aren't fighting you!"

"If you don't come fight me, I'll go first!" She flashed a deranged smile and, in the blink of an eye, appeared between her fellow demons.

Before either could react, the rhyleth roundhouse kicked Minestra away in the head, and sucker punched Lady across the arena. Roshasha turned her attention to the other two. When she threw out a punch at Petyr, Claudia jumped in the way to take it straight to the face instead.

Everyone, including Kanae and her companions watching from above, suddenly doubled over in pain and pleasure. It was as though someone had forcibly brought them to climax, while simultaneously beating them up.

"What did… you do?" Roshasha winced, her legs trembling intensely.

"Hah! You like Project Agony? How does it feel taking a hit from yourself?" Claudia taunted, only for Petyr to crater her into the earth with a smite. A bludgeoning pain followed that knocked the breath from everyone's lungs.

Kanae saw her life flashing before her eyes from Project Agony reflecting the pain of Petyr's devastating smite.

"You fucking idiot, using that fucking skill while I'm right next to you!" Petyr yelled into the crater.

"Th… That was… my plan… all… along… Such… exquisite…" Claudia went still, seemingly satisfied with herself.

"Claudia…" Alicia shook her head and sighed.

"Okay, maybe we should stop them now before it gets any worse." Kanae descended with her unit to meet the combatants below.

In that short fight, they had beaten themselves ragged. The only ones standing were Petyr and Roshasha, as expected. As soon as they landed, Edina summoned two death knights to restrain the victors of the brawl each and pull them apart.

Both of them were kicking and struggling to get back to killing each other. Fortunately, Claudia's Project Agony had been enough to render them too exhausted to resist. Edina had to summon Cantu, her strongest undead, to hold Petyr back. If only Kanae had a Debilitating Band for her, too…

"Ahaha! Now it's fun!" Roshasha ripped off the arm of the death knight holding her, pummeled it with its own limb, and dashed right for them.

"Roshasha, wait! I'm in my wedding dress!" Kanae yelled.

Alicia yanked Kanae behind her and took the brunt of the hit.

"Sister!" Hilde gasped.

Edina and Petyr seized the chance to body Roshasha to the ground, where they continued to brawl.

"Alicia! Are you okay?" Kanae kneeled down beside the succubus, who was being cradled by Hilde. "You could have just let me take the hit! I'm a masochist, after all!"

"Stupid. And let you ruin your dress? The concept of a wedding is silly, but it seems important to you." Alicia winced, climbing to her feet.

Distant yet familiar bells of the Basilica of Saint Rue rung their deep, bellowing note. It was finally time. That was also the signal for Kanae to get to the cathedral.

"Kanae, you go first. We'll get things settled here and catch up," Edina said.

"Okay, but… you guys better get there! You're the ring-bearer, so don't lose the rings or be late!" Kanae scolded the squirreling, then to Alicia in a much softer and grateful tone, "Thanks."

Without sparing another second, Kanae flew up to the Basilica of Saint Rue and entered from a window. Things were calmer now and no longer hectic. She could hear the murmur of people shuffling into the main chamber from afar.

"Kanae!" Grand Eye Analise, accompanied by Saint Priest Sheena Darrow, marched down the corridor to meet her. "You're late. You're also a mess!"

"Oh." Kanae took stock of her gown and realized the sheen of a new dress was gone. Dirt stained the bottom of the skirt. Burns still marked the flowers from the Ignite whiskey. Her hair was a mess with many strands out of place and needed a good combing down. It looked like she had just come back from a night of partying.

"Sheena, can you do anything about this as a thaumaturge?" she asked.

"Hrm. Prestidigitation is all I have. I can't do anything about the hair and burnt flowers though. How did you even burn those flowers?" Sheena waved her staff across Kanae's face, cleaning most of the stains and dirt.

Meanwhile, Analise whipped out a bejeweled comb that had strands of gold in it to fix Kanae's hair. She must have been helping Arenade until recently.

"Do you think Arenade is going to be mad?" Kanae sighed.

"I certainly would be. This is an important day for both of you, and you're a mess. But if your love is strong, then this is nothing to either of you. Have faith in yourself, Amethyst. Have faith in Arenade," Analise insisted to her.

Kanae wasn't so sure. It was precisely because Arenade put a lot of time and effort into this. They had also gone to collect diamond silk together for this wedding dress.

"Alright. I'm ready. Uhm… I'm not really familiar with weddings. When do I go in, and when does Arenade come in?" Kanae asked.

"You shall enter first with us and wait by the pulpit. Arenade insisted she have her own grand entrance. Since you're, shall we?" Grand Eye Analise asked, pulling one side of the curtains while Sheena did the same for the other.

The second Kanae stepped out, light from the main chamber blinded her and organ music played from all around. As her eyes settled, a gorgeous venue of floating lanterns, ribbons hanging from the crown moldings, and a thousand wedding guests rose to their feet in a standing ovation. She recognized many of them.

Elizabeth, Lapis, Duke Kroenig, Renya, Thedia were seated at the front, including Marwin, who had been tied up to keep him from flirting with succubi. An entire row had been dedicated to the Sisters of Sin, with all the high priestesses and Gretchen tearing up when they saw Kanae emerge. First Sister Lilith especially was doing her best holding it in while Zadris comforted her.

Towards the center within the mass of people, Shatiel was jumping up and down to make herself known. Talis, Jannie, and Clara were with her. Kanae waved back and mouthed out 'thanks' for managing to come.

In the front pews of another column, leaders of the Commonwealth greeted Kanae on her way in. Sheeba, Talon, Noah, Parn, Tess, Mitty, Aisha, and Moira, who was on her daughter's back to get a better view. Manabe, Ichi, and Takumi were here, too. Takumi, her friend from Japan who turned into a goblin, was with Ingrid. She held a baby in her arms.

The representatives from Artaggon had a mostly sparse row dedicated to themselves, because others were too afraid to sit with them. A battered up Minestra, Lady, and Roshasha made it, quietly slipping into their seats beside Lord Charron. He cast an appalled look at the three of them.

Members of Aidenhall's Knights of Colors, William and Dalu'luna, and other Saint Priest were seated with King Turren Huelhouser. For once, their guards were down to join in the applause.

Kanae had to keep her laughter to a minimum when she saw the Amethyst Hall slinking in. Alicia, Hilde, Claudia, and Petyr kept their heads low getting to their seats to join Reen and Daya. Edina got into place to the left of the pulpit as the ring-bearer, and she gave a thumbs up. Opposite to her on the right were Kanae's children, Teana, Pan, Revah, and Mikki, including Nelly. Standing tall and proud along with them was Estaline, Kanae's beloved knight, and their sweet yet violent daughter, Feraline. Kanade and Suvee weren't here yet, since they had their own duties to fulfill.

There was one party whose invitation they seemed to have discarded. Ambrosia had promised to come when Kanae invited her to the wedding. Well, it wasn't as though she would be welcome here, given her tension with her sisters.

Friends, enemies-turned friends, allies, and lovers had all gathered to witness Kanae's marriage to Arenade. It was finally dawning on her how special this day really was. Her heart swelled with indescribable happiness that so many cared enough to show up.

They stopped at the pulpit with Grand Eye Analise staying, and Sheena stepping away to join her Saint Priests colleagues. Kanae glanced at her goblin children, who were waving and squealing, all dressed in beautiful gowns that brought out their best features. Although… Kanae frowned at Revah, whose dress had a cowl to hide her face.

The music rose to an orchestral pitch, and everyone turned to the entrance that looked like the gates to heaven. Wendy Ironspear and seven Lights of Ehmvier, donning their golden regalia, led the way and escorted in what Kanae could only describe as an angel. She had a bouquet in hand, dressed in a gorgeous, flowing white gown that glistened underneath the lantern lights. Gold and silver threads woven into the fabric emitted a mesmerizing shine. Her long skirt trailed behind like a river of snow. A veil shrouded the woman's face. Giggling, Kanae knew it was Arenade, because the Halo of Holy Radiance that was still on was the biggest giveaway.

Kanade and Suvee, in cute dresses and big bows on their heads, flanked Arenade to either side of her. They tossed petals at the audience in their wake. To no surprise, Suvee had the biggest smile. She was having the time of her life. As for Kanade, the infectious celebrations brought upon her a smile even she couldn't hide.

The Lights split evenly to the right and left and faced the audience. They gave way to Arenade, who at last reached Kanae's side. The two of them were bashful and glad that veils covered their red faces. Their two youngest children emptied the rest of the petals around them in a circle, then hurried to join Teana and the others off to the side.

"Go on, you two. Unveil each other and gaze upon your beloved," Grand Eye Analise said.

Kanae took a deep breath and lifted Arenade's veil first. A beautiful high elf, hair golden like the streaks of sunlight and eyes as blue as the clear skies, gazed up at her. The sight took that same breath away. Arenade let go of the bouquet of flowers, letting it levitate just above their heads, and did the same for her. Now, they were able to look upon each other unobscured by veils.

All those worries Kanae had earlier vanished. Until Arenade started snickering.

"Pfft…" Arenade stifled a laugh, and her cheeks bloated up trying to contain it. "You look like crap."

"Okay, yeah. Laugh it up. I, uh… I had a productive day… I'm sorry I couldn't look my best for you at our wedding," Kanae apologized, ashamed of herself for not doing better.

"You're too hard on yourself. It's fine. It wouldn't be us if we didn't mess up a little. I mean, I died. Edina almost died. You went through hells and back to make things right. I imagine it was the same today," she said and smiled.

Kanae was reminded why she had fallen in love with Arenade of all people and returned the smile, brimming with happiness.

"You're right." Kanae chuckled and reached forward to hold Arenade's hands, and she responded by squeezing tighter.

Grand Eye Analise glanced between the both of them, and they nodded to give her the 'okay'.

"We are gathered here today to witness the union of Queen Kanae Toyomi and Queen-regent Arenade Brightwind of the Commonwealth of Sin. Though our alliance is still in its infancy in Radevic's long history, we have found no better allies than these two. It is with great honor and pleasure that they hold their wedding within the halls of Aidenhall Palace, and that I officiate their joining. Many would scoff at the marriage between a high elf and succubus, but not them. Through grief, misfortune, and dire adversity, Kanae and Arenade have found love in each other. They have tested their bonds and found that it is unbreakable. So, it shall be. Will the ring-bearer step forth?" Analise announced.

"I got 'em right here— whoa!" Edina, who was standing off to the side, tripped on her own tail. She smacked the ground, and both of the ring boxes rolled away. "Aw, fuck."

The entire audience fell silent, but Kanae and Arenade erupted into laughter so hard their guts ached. Even their kids slapped hands over their mouths to keep from laughing too hard. Edina rubbed her sore nose, picked up the ring boxes, and scampered up to them. When the squirreling saw the two of them losing it, she started laughing, too.

"My bad, guys! And, congratulations. I'm happy for ya both." Edina grinned.

"Thanks, ratwhore. Get back in your place. Today's my special day," Arenade said.

"Yeah, yeah. Fuck you, too, cowtits." She flipped her the bird before darting off.

With the ring boxes in hand, a magic around them opened both to reveal a Ring of Destined Matrimony nestled within each. The boxes lifted from their palms, and the rings separated from them. Arenade's bouquet that had been levitating, descended down between the two. The rings began to slowly orbit around the flowers as they continued to bloom and grow, draping over their hands.

"Kanae, Arenade. Would you two like to say a few words to each other, under the Supreme One, with your friends and families, and with the Grand Eye and King Turren to hear, before you cross into the next stage of your lives?" Analise asked.

"I never thought you were going to be the one," Kanae began as she gazed into Arenade's eyes. "You can be so demanding and high-maintenance. Heck, I didn't even expect to come here. But if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have our amazing family. Being with you makes me want to be better and do better. When I lost you, I thought that was the end of it. You made me promise to take care of our children, and your selfishlessness despite being so selfish cemented that you were the one for me. I could do without you throwing a fit whenever we go do quests, but… I think I wouldn't want it any other way. You put up a lot with me, and I put up a lot with you. That makes it fun. That's why I love you, Arenade."

"And you could have just left me back in Orturic, covered in dirt and muck. I'm not going to bring up what happened next because you know, and it isn't suitable to be said here, but they say things tend to work out in mysterious ways. You made me into a better person. You proved to me that things can be different this time around. I was right by your side and made so many mistakes… but you continued to forgive me. Sometimes, I didn't think I deserved it. You came for me every single time. Kanae, I love you too." Arenade smiled.

"With the powers vested in me as the Grand Eye, I pronounce the two of you joined in matrimony!" She twisted her wrist, and the rings gently slipped onto Kanae and Arenade's ring fingers within the cluster of flowers.

All of the petals burst at once, scattering them across the cathedral in a shower of colors. Their hands, rings resting on each finger, clasped together tightly. Tears streamed down Arenade's eyes, and she never looked more beautiful than at that moment with the Halo shining brightly.

"You may kiss now," Analise urged in a whisper.

Before Kanae had a chance to move, it was Arenade who closed the distance and planted a kiss on her. She soared higher than any succubus could fly. They both did. When their lips parted, the entire cathedral was on their feet and applauding. Even Lord Charron was clapping as hard as he could and bawling his eyes out.

It finally happened. Now, Kanae wasn't laying eyes on just Arenade Brightwind. She was laying eyes on her wife. Likewise, she was Arenade's wife.

Grand Eye Analise stepped aside just in time as both Kanae and Arenade's children jumped them in a group hug.

"I'm… hic… so happy for you two!" Teana ugly cried and buried her face into Kanae's back.

"What do you two plan to do first now that you're married?" Suvee asked, tugging on both of their sleeves.

"Good question." Kanae picked Arenade up and lifted off the ground.

"K-Kanae, what do you think you're doing? Put me down!" Arenade exclaimed in panic.

"The one thing all couples do after getting married— my wife and I are going to go on a honeymoon now!" she declared for everyone to hear.

8pz03t6.png

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

I am Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon]

The Caretaker of Otherworldly Tenants [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Magical Girl Kari: Apocalypse System [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

The Hero Became a Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] [Amazon]

Micchi Versus the New world [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Ellori, the Ero Witch of Parthun [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

The Housewife's Netorare App [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

Social Links: [Patreon] | [Twitter] | [Discord]

Dakimakura available for purchase here: Kanae Toyomi – Cuddly Octopus

8c29bc950b6a9270ed0f30cac20a2e59.png09cba2a1d785c6ca69385137bf56b3cb.png

9