97. Meeting Kumokaru
6.6k 33 266
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tomoka’s eyes widened as her Kinagan activated by itself. Where a lush seemingly normal forest had been now stood a dark forest filled to the brim with spider webs. Soft fluffy spider webs that looked like snow. Something in her was telling her to just jump and enjoy the springy, soft goodness of all that spider-silk.

 

“Kurama, are you seeing this as well?” Tomoka was having a hard time believing her eyes so she asked the only person she currently could. 

 

[Taking into account that I can only see the outside world through your eyes, yes. It looks disgusting. You know what? I don’t want to deal with any of this, I’m taking a nap.] 

 

“Disgusting!? This looks like heaven!” Without being able to contain her instincts anymore Tomoka launched herself onto the webbing with wild abandon. Her rational mind screaming for her not to. 

 

As her body landed on all that soft and admittedly sticky goodness she realized a few curious things. First, she couldn’t move as she had gotten stuck in the sticky webbing. Second, What actually got stuck was her clothes as any part of her that was in direct contact wasn’t stuck. 

 

“Well, well, what do we have here? It’s rare for us to trap human prey.” A strange female voice said as a large spider appeared from somewhere within the spider webbing. 

 

“Hello there, Miss spider. I must say your web is quite comfy.” Tomoka for her part didn’t feel the least bit threatened. Even though she was currently trapped she could easily cut the webbing with her wind style or try and burn it with lightning style.  

 

“Ara~ you aren’t afraid? I might eat you after all.” The spider felt amused. This human gave her this strange feeling of familiarity and authority despite being just that, a human. 

 

“You could try, but I promise it won’t end well for you.” While saying that Tomoka released Kurama’s chakra forming a three tailed chakra cloak on herself. Not only that but her pink eyes stared hard towards the spider’s eight eyes.  

 

Hearing this the spider wanted to feel offended but those pink eyes held such authority within them she couldn’t go against them. They felt like the eyes of her mother, the queen of this entire place. 

 

“Now, if you shall excuse me, for as comfortable as this web is, I would rather not be stuck here much longer.” After saying that Tomoka coated her clothes in a thin layer of her own chakra.

 

Tomoka hadn’t been chatting with the spider just for the sake of it. She had also been researching why her body wasn’t getting stuck. What she found out is that the sticky factor of the strings was ignoring her due to her chakra wavelength. 

 

“Y-you broke free? just like that?” The spider for her part was surprised to see a human getting unstuck from the webbing she and her sisters had placed all over the place. Only a spider should be able to do that. 

 

“Say, will you introduce yourself and explain things? I am a guest after all.” Tomoka, for her part, decided to ask for some information. She was intrigued about the place. 

 

“Eh? Ah! Y-yes, I am Kumokaru. This is my family’s nest, miss uhm.” 

 

“Tomoka.” 

 

“Right! Uhm, W-what might bring a powerful shinobi like yourself to our humble abode.” Kumokaru was extremely nervous. She hadn’t seen anybody else aside from her mother with such ridiculous power. Not to mention those pink eyes were pressuring her to answer no matter what. 

 

“I see. Would you mind guiding me to your leader?” Tomoka for her part liked the big spider quite a bit. To tell the truth she had always liked spiders but as of now something inside of her was making her feel extra comfortable with them. Not to mention that in her eyes Kumokaru is quite cute. 

 

If any human were to hear Tomoka's inner thoughts they would think she is crazy. A meter tall spider with it’s beady black eyes, chelicerae fangs and what not would be terrifying for anybody else. 

 

“Y-You want to meet mother?” Kumokaru felt a bit conflicted. She didn’t know what to do and she was scared of the human. However, if she took her to her mother for sure her mother would be able to deal with the human. 

 

“If she is the leader then yes.” Tomoka answered nonchalantly.

 

“In that case follow me.” After saying that Kumokaru turned around and began walking on the many threads towards the inner part of the nest.             

Tis a small spoler for next chapter, read it at your own discretion

Spoiler

There are two reasons why kumokaru calls the leader mother. First Kumokaru is one of many daughters of the leader. Second the leader is also known as the mother of all spiders

[collapse]

266